Sign in to follow this  
mattonium

Is this lame, or what?

So, my 2 commissioners decided today that defenses are scoring too much and creating lopsided scores. They tried, at the beginning of the season, to adjust the scoring so it wasn't so crazy. They're in the process of testing out different methods, but in the current one, I went from 5th to 7th.

Am I crazy thinking this is totally stupid and lame? Defenses are scoring too much? So what. Fix it for the next year.

Turns out I didn't drop in the standings. The one commissioner looked at the point totals and saw that KC defense had outscored Peyton Manning and felt it was some kind of injustice. So, mid-season rule change. Still pretty weak.

So, my 2 commissioners decided today that defenses are scoring too much and creating lopsided scores. They tried, at the beginning of the season, to adjust the scoring so it wasn't so crazy. They're in the process of testing out different methods, but in the current one, I went from 5th to 7th.

Am I crazy thinking this is totally stupid and lame? Defenses are scoring too much? So what. Fix it for the next year.

i think thats wrong

Lame

K C def has outscored Manning, what the hell kind of league is that?

In pretty much all formats, Week 6 K.C. Def outscored Peyton Manning.

Week 6 Peyton scored 26.97 in my high scoring league. He scored 19 in my standard league.

Week 6 K.C. Def scored 45.00 in my high scoring league. They scored 25 in my standard league.

To the Op's issue, those commishes' sound like they're jealous they don't have K.C.'s Def or Seattle's. If they change it, demand your money back.

It doesn't matter if one week a defense out scored manning. If they are out scoring him for the season it is crazy. That said you still can't switch mid season.

If it is a money league, changing the scoring settings after the draft without a league vote is grounds for a refund. Maybe even with a league vote. To me, the settings are agreed upon before the draft and are as binding as a contract.

I bet they wouldn't be making a big deal of it if they actually owned KC Def.

Still completely wrong to change mid-season. And you can send them a link to this thread so they can read how piss poor their league is and their commish skills are.

no changes mid season unless it had 100% approval which you know KC will never and should never give. shitty league. looking for parity... i bet one of the comish has peyton lol

These guys are acting like a bunch of girls. No way there should be a change like that mid season. Tell them to stop their whining and man up.

To update - we have a commish and an assistant commish. The commish has manning, the assistant commish has been the one who discovered the "injustice." I really don't believe either are doing this for selfish reasons. They're both great guys and I know them personally. Just thinking too much.

After a day of "testing" and coming to the conclusion that rules cannot be changed without re-writing history, the original rules have been reinstated, so I'm back to 5th place.

I checked my other league, which is close to standard scoring, and KC defense has had a great year.

Perhaps Manning and KC D are having great years.

id probably still drug them both and empty their houses put their wives on a boat their children into slavery then chain them to a television with no cord.

Ha . . . I posted some objections in the message boards for our league. The assistant commish responded with about 7,000 words. Not really a sign of someone who truly feels justified in what they're doing. lol

I don't get this, the need to "try things out." It is not hard to take stat projections, ANY stat projections and apply them to a league's scoring to see how that scoring will play out.

And once a draft occurs, there are NO rule changes for that year!!

Ever.

Ha . . . I posted some objections in the message boards for our league. The assistant commish responded with about 7,000 words. Not really a sign of someone who truly feels justified in what they're doing. lol

please copy paste so we can leave feedback.