Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Who will be grabbing Cox?

Funny stuff. However, back to the thrust of your assertion about Cox........

With TB's run offense similar to NYG's, and with Cox reported to have issues with pass protection, what would lead you to believe that Cox would be the better plug and play?

I only took him in a non-ppr league where otherwise i'd be forced to play McGahee. My opponent has a really decimated line-up and i expect to win regardless there. So I might as well have some fun with this. Besides he's more familiar with the plays and the system than Hillis at this point. I just hope he doesn't completely stiff me when it comes to fantasy points.

Gutsy calls are what makes this pursuit of ours interesting.......and Maddening. Although I would roll with Hillis on TD potential alone, I like the call.

Good luck this weekend

Brings to mind the team name for my title-winning big-money team last year, although it was a different Mike Cox (FB from Atlanta).

Turner Over, Mike Cox is ready.

I snagged this rookie in both of my experts' leagues this week (one dynasty, one redraft) and two of my four money leagues (may add him in a third if I can part with Durham or Cobb). If Jacobs is out, I suspect Cox will be the early-down back and Hillis will be the third-down option.

:ninja: White Rhino Returns! :ninja:

I was hoping the Giants picked him up when he left the Browns a few years back, he's a perfect fit for their system. Big back, great hands, good in pass protection. Basically a Jacobs who can catch.

Funny stuff. However, back to the thrust of your assertion about Cox........

With TB's run offense similar to NYG's, and with Cox reported to have issues with pass protection, what would lead you to believe that Cox would be the better plug and play?

I thought he mentioned the insertion of Cox

so youre planning on grabbing cox at some point this weekend then?

Drop Shorts, grab Cox.

• Like 1

sunday morning chuckles, thanks guys! GL to all this week especially those who are rolling with COX....

giants fan here. i picked him up before jacobs re-injured his hammy. i think he's going to surprise some people. i remember being impressed with him in preseason (small sample size) and he WAS a draft pick after all. it's not like he's some guy off the street.

now that being said, i'm not sure what to expect fantasy-wise this week. idk how many reps they're going to give him, although i can't imagine hillis coming in and getting more than 5 touches in less than a week with the team. i mainly picked him up so i wouldn't have to fight for him on waivers next week. i'm prob going to play snelling over him (ppr).

Cox is gonna be HUGE on MNF.....take it to the bank.

LOL. I wish I could believe you.

giants fan here. i picked him up before jacobs re-injured his hammy. i think he's going to surprise some people. i remember being impressed with him in preseason (small sample size) and he WAS a draft pick after all. it's not like he's some guy off the street.

now that being said, i'm not sure what to expect fantasy-wise this week. idk how many reps they're going to give him, although i can't imagine hillis coming in and getting more than 5 touches in less than a week with the team. i mainly picked him up so i wouldn't have to fight for him on waivers next week. i'm prob going to play snelling over him (ppr).

Minny is easier to pass against than run, although giving up 110 yds per game and 6 TDs. I doubt Cox gets goal line carries, but who really knows this? He's a 7th round draft choice who hasn't played a play.

One more thing - Andre Brown returns in week 10 and the Gmen have a bye in week 9. You may only get two weeks at best, I think.

For those Cox watchers out there...........

Jacobs had a setback so Cox along with Hillis will be performing 2 RBs and 1 cup with the Giants' load this week.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/273592/brandon-jacobs-appears-to-have-had-a-setback

So if you're desperate, grab Cox like you're George Michael or Elton John.

I'm grabbing him and changing my team name "Riding Mike Cox" just for this weekend.

MFM...this thread is SO out of character for you...WELL DONE!!! :clap:

I'm grabbing some Cox. He's going to be huge this year - stock definitely on the rise. Maybe Cox isn't the biggest or hardest runner but nobody is better at pounding it into the end zone.

I'm grabbing him and changing my team name "Riding Mike Cox" just for this weekend.

:first:

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm coming round to the idea of getting Cox. Unfortunately, looking over my roster, I don't think I have a hole for Cox. Not one I'm comfortable with, anyway.,