Sign in to follow this  
futurecub07

Husband and wife trade... collusion?

In one of my leagues there is a husband and wife who each have a team. They traded Pierre Thomas and Jacoby Jones for Frank Gore and TY Hilton. This has to be collusion right? The commish has to approve the trade so hopefully he sees it like I do...

In one of my leagues there is a husband and wife who each have a team. They traded Pierre Thomas and Jacoby Jones for Frank Gore and TY Hilton. This has to be collusion right? The commish has to approve the trade so hopefully he sees it like I do...

naw let them trade

Jones for Hilton....are you sure the Jones involved IS Jacoby? And if so, why the fock would he be rostered to BE traded?

Hilton > Jacoby Jones

Gore > Pierre Thomas

seems pretty fishy to me. Then again, who allowed a husband and wife to own two separate teams in same league? That's just asking for trouble.

Hilton > Jacoby Jones

Gore > Pierre Thomas

seems pretty fishy to me. Then again, who allowed a husband and wife to own two separate teams in same league? That's just asking for trouble.

My wife and I have owned separate teams in the same league for 7 seasons now (and I'm the commish). Thing is, we have an unofficial "no-trade" rule with each other. It's not illegal for us to make trades with each other, but we're conscious of the scrutiny we'd come under if we tried....so we just don't do it.

If we were ever to do a deal, it would look a lot more even than the trade described above. There needs to be some strategic logic for both sides behind the deal, and there is none for the husband here...

I think if you're playing in a league with husbands and wives, pretty much anything goes.

Or if they have kids,you should take it to the Children's Council and have them make a ruling.

Complaining about this is like going to Disney over Xmas break and whining about the long lines.

Maybe they had an extra side payment on the side

well that or he could have gotten the side payment up front out back.

you never know these days with the direction things are heading.

when my x wife was in my league years back we had a rule I put in place that we were not allowed to trade at all. There are plenty of other teams to trade with in the league.

Maybe they had an extra side payment on the side

Aren't side payments usually on the side ?

Who the f..k lets their wife play in their fantasy leaugue...for the love of God.

:thumbsup: The wife should go after Mike Cox. Definite collusion.

Who the f..k lets their wife play in their fantasy leaugue...for the love of God.

The same guy who's weekly golf foursome includes his wife.

We've got a husband/wife and a father/son combo in our long time 12 teamer. Neither has ever made a trade though we have no prohibition or special rules regarding that possibility.

Play with people you know and respect and there shouldn't be any problems.

Did the husband drop Shorts ? <sorry, couldn't resist>

No, but the wife grabbed Johnson and is trying to acquire Dickson.

you are like the retarded echo of ffb discussions.

Dude, that's brilliant. When/if I ever pen my memoirs, the name is definitely going to be "Retarded Echos". Hell, I might even start a band just to name it that. :thumbsup:

Dude, that's brilliant. When/if I ever pen my memoirs, the name is definitely going to be "Retarded Echos".

Apt, as it's "echoes".