Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers: In-Game Discussion

since it's his non throwing shoulder think he can come back soon (aka next week)?

Good question- what is the timeframe for a QB to return from a broken collarbone?

Good question- what is the timeframe for a QB to return from a broken collarbone?

About 6-8 weeks. To heal completely it could take longer.

The Giants just caught a break. After they beat Oakland this coming week, they face G.Bay who could be missing Rodgers.

Its starting to fall into place for the G-Men.

They should have challenged that call...

It cost them at least 3 pts

since it's his non throwing shoulder think he can come back soon (aka next week)?

Ummm

Rodgers hit looked exactly like the hit Romo took a couple years back against the Giants. He was gone for the rest of the year.

i need marshall to get lost on his way to the locker room. go go google maps.

:lol:

I'm in one of those FF dilemmas: in my main money league (non-PPR) I'm going against Marshall, but in another league I have only Marshall left (PPR). I was kinda rooting for 100 catches and no yards, but going into the second half I'm only up 4 in my main league.

So Imma have to reverse-reverse jinx Marshall and say he is going to blow up in the second half$#@!

Willis McGahee could bust of a couple double-digit runs against this Bears run defense... they've got a scheme issue or someone has been sleeping during meetings.

Is Lacy really this good, or do the bears suck this bad against the run??

It is hard to be THAT bad against the run. Especially, when there is no passing threat.

I have never owned Matt Forte. I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe I buy into the pundit rankings more than I should? I'm going to try to change that next year.

Rodgers came back to the sidelines in street clothes. Hasn't moved the left arm-

Everybody on CBS feed tweeting no sling on his arm. I guess that's a good sign?

Josh McCown vs. Seneca Wallace.

The suits at ESPN can't be happy with this development.

poor espn, cutler vs rodgers turned into wallace vs mckonwn

Can't be too much worse than next week. A mess in Miami vs. A mess in Tampa Bay.

Sources: Aaron Rodgers Has Fractured Collarbone

By Adam Hoge-

GREEN BAY, Wis. (CBS) — Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers suffered a fractured collarbone in Monday night’s game against the Bears, sources told WBBM Newsradio 780 sideline reporter Zach Zaidman, who reported the news during the third quarter.

Rodgers left the game after sustaining what was originally deemed a shoulder injury on the first drive of the game and was later ruled out.

Bears defensive end Shea McClellin sacked Rodgers on third down and the quarterback landed on his non-throwing shoulder on the play.

Rodgers struggled to take his helmet off and was immediately checked out by the trainers on the sideline. After throwing a few passes on the sideline, he jogged to the locker room with trainers.

The Packers initially announced that Rodgers’ return to the game was questionable, but they later ruled him out. Seneca Wallace took over at quarterback and was picked off by Julius Peppers on his first drive.

Rodgers returned to the sideline in the third quarter wearing street clothes and gave the crowd a thumbs up with his right arm.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/11/04/rodgers-leaves-game-with-shoulder-injury/

Rodgers should be fine. Might miss a game, not sure about the injury, but fracture isn't the end of the world.

Rodgers should be fine. Might miss a game, not sure about the injury, but fracture isn't the end of the world.

Fracture is the end of his season.

Fracture is the end of his season.

Somewhere between this is the answer, probably closer to the latter, at least for fantasy purposes. It depends on the severity, but the slightest of breaks takes at least 3 weeks to heal. A professional QB who puts significant strain on his upper body with every throw, I'd guess a little longer.

:lol:

I'm in one of those FF dilemmas: in my main money league (non-PPR) I'm going against Marshall, but in another league I have only Marshall left (PPR). I was kinda rooting for 100 catches and no yards, but going into the second half I'm only up 4 in my main league.

So Imma have to reverse-reverse jinx Marshall and say he is going to blow up in the second half$#@!

:doublethumbsup: :clap: :banana:

Nope. But fractured my collarbone before . Dude is done if its fractured

He came out in street clothes with no sling and gave a thumbs up, he should be ok. Plus no offense but he's a highly tuned athletic machine and your most likely a beer drinking couch qb, so comparing is pointless. :)

Wow what a roller coaster and a heck of a game for them and my fantasy $$$$ league.

Up by 20 with Marshall going against Lacy/Gould.

Up by 29! :D

Lead down to 23 :)

Lacy goes crazy, only up by 12 :/

Lacy some more and another FG, down to 6 :(

Barely won though :DDD

He came out in street clothes with no sling and gave a thumbs up, he should be ok. Plus no offense but he's a highly tuned athletic machine and your most likely a beer drinking couch qb, so comparing is pointless. :)

Hard to say...a lot of reports about a broken collarbone (all coming from one Bears sideline reporter it seems).

McCarthy calling it a shoulder injury...not sure how much he would be forthcoming if they knew it was a broken collarbone though.

Also, I hope the earth opens up and swallows both of these teams.

Close enough for me as I'm not worried about the sucktastic Bears.

:pointstosky: :doublethumbsup:

Watching him jog into the locker room on ESPN highlights, it didn't look like a broken collarbone to me. :dunno:

Willis McGahee could bust of a couple double-digit runs against this Bears run defense... they've got a scheme issue or someone has been sleeping during meetings.

Two big issues with the D are that they linebackers that are currently playing are rookies and constantly out of position. The second part is that their safeties are brutal. Both groups are constantly in the wrong gap, which creates some of those gaping holes.

Getting Briggs back will help but their safeties are probably the worst in the league right now. I would load up on RB's against them.

• Like 1