Sign in to follow this  
BigMilk

Who is THE WORST commentator/analyst?

I actually like Collinsowrth. Used to hate him because he was such a smug bastard, but I feel like he's matured a bit and I have come to begrudgingly accept his knowledge of the game and how prepared he always is.

Was going to say the same thing....IMO collinsworth is pretty brilliant, and very prepared for each game. Mayock is another guy I find is extremely smart and prepared for games. Gruden..while over the top cheesy...another smart guy.

Guys I don't care for.....Tirico (boring) Simms (dumb) and Billick.

Sharpe is annoying because its hard to take your focus off the fact his mouth or tongue or something is way too large for his face...

if you enjoy Shannon Sharpe, next time he is on do this... close one eye and hold your hand up blocking half his face... use your hand as a shield and align it right down his nose, then switch hands and hide the other half of his face.. do this a few times until you are mystified and amazed how different each half is and the fact that you're looking at one face.

My vote for worst goes to Phil Simms. He's brutal.

My vote for top announcer is Jon Gruden. Like him or not, he's knows the game in and out, not afraid to give a strong take. His face gestures are sometimes annoying, but he compliments Tirico very well IMO. Best MNF crew in awhile.

Oh hell no to Gruden. Every player he's ever done commentary on is apparently Hall of Fame bound in his book. He heaps superlatives on everyone the way Michael Irvin used to shovel coke into nostrils.

I actually like Collinsowrth. Used to hate him because he was such a smug bastard, but I feel like he's matured a bit and I have come to begrudgingly accept his knowledge of the game and how prepared he always is.

I'm with you. I feel like I actually learn something from Collinsworth when he announces. He doesn't deal in superlatives, actually he will make comments about how terrible certain players were on plays which I find refreshing. He's the anti-Gruden.

Also Matt Millen sucks, in more ways than one.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Kenny, Moose and Goose. Kenny is fine (other than looking like he has downs syndrome), but Johnston brings absolutely zero analysis to replays. And Siragusa is annoying, not funny, unnecessary and babbles at the worst times.

Buck/Aikman put me to sleep. Aikman says "and then" after every sentence and it annoys the $hit out of me.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Kenny, Moose and Goose. Kenny is fine (other than looking like he has downs syndrome), but Johnston brings absolutely zero analysis to replays. And Siragusa is annoying, not funny, unnecessary and babbles at the worst times.

Buck/Aikman put me to sleep. Aikman says "and then" after every sentence and it annoys the $hit out of me.

But isn't Goose just a sideline reporter? You don't have to listen to him every play.

As jgcrawfish mentioned, the problem with Gruden is that he loves 99% of the players in the NFL. It's so obvious that he's setting himself up for his return to coaching. The more asses he kisses, the better he sets himself up for free agency and trades when he gets back to putting a team together.

Would anything be lost if we could just watch the game and listen to the crowd? You know, like we were actually there?

There needs to be an option to shut off the announcers, just like going from English to Spanish. A sort of SAP button if you will. We will call it the STFU button

There IS this option

If you're listening on a surround sound setup Goto ur settings and turn down ur center channel speaker, or unplug the wire

Poof, ur there

Great for nhl games

U can here the skating, crashing boards, guys talking during play

But isn't Goose just a sideline reporter? You don't have to listen to him every play.

As jgcrawfish mentioned, the problem with Gruden is that he loves 99% of the players in the NFL. It's so obvious that he's setting himself up for his return to coaching. The more asses he kisses, the better he sets himself up for free agency and trades when he gets back to putting a team together.

I highly doubt that is Gruden's motivation. I think he's just a gusher in the broadcast booth. He wants to be magnanimous.

Joe Buck by far. Gruden is also terrible. He knows so much about the game but spends half his time fellating the players it's a shame.

Actually, they'd probably all be fine if they would just quit talking about how great the players are and just analyze what's happening on the field.

Everybody on ESPN is on my pay-no-mind list as they all suck without question.

But with all the time I spend watching NFL Network, Ladanian Tomlinson is the worst. He seems like a pleasant enough fellow, but he is not well thought out nor well spoken. He carries himself as if he has a permanent concussion, which might be reality and sad. The network dumped him off the early pregame show on Sundays from last year, which improved the show greatly this year, and now he's a roving analyst, popping up when you least expect it to ruin the segment, like Michael Myers in a tailored suit.

There are plenty. I am watching NFL network and cringe every time Javon Kearse opens his mouth. "The Freak" was clearly coined due to his skills in studio.

But the worst, week after week, is Michael Irvin. The guy is a disgrace. From his suit to his glasses to the nonsensical cr@p that comes out of his mouth. The guy has so much brain damage from coke and hits that he can't form a complete sentence that logically addresses the issue at hand. He is worse than a Ms. Universe contestant trying to give an answer to a question. Sure, Berman is Berman, Keyshawn is infuriating, Fox Sports has its morons, but Michael Irvin is the worst of the worst.

If we were drafting worst football announcers/analysts, I'd grab Irvin in the first round and never look back.

I was a huge fan of Irvin during his playing days at UM and Dallas, but he is the single reason I can't watch the pre-game show on NFL Network...

Jim Gray is by for the worst of the worst analyst/commentator in any or all sports! BigMilk you would have to give me Irvin two 1st round picks cash considerations and maybe throw your wife in for Gray in the all time worst fantasy announcer league.

Not sure how he ever got or continues to have a job. He's nerdy dumb and annoying. If I ever saw him i'd probably punch in the nose and do the time! Dude is beyond the worst!

Joe Buck, Bob Costas (for his political crap), and Sharpe are all pretty horrible. I put the tv on mute when Buck is on brown nosing Aikman.

No way, the three buffoons on NFL AM take this prize hands down. Lavar Arrington, TD, and Jeff Garthia, are dumb, dumber than dumb, and dumber than dumber. Jock-o-cracy at its f*cking worst, I am sure Howard Cosell is spinning in his grave.

Totally agree! All 3 are horrible. Jeff Garcia may be the worst