Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

Sitting Brees for ________!

This/ 4 TD's suck when it counts the most. Some of you are really dumb! I played Battleship with girls in the sixth grade that sunk more than you.

Bree's has never had back to back dud games under Peyton. Win and were in. Played them two weeks ago. Next game is at home with no pressure and a locked up second round bye.

Sit Bree's and lose. And let your opponent say "B 9......you sunk your stoopid ass!!!!"

I wonder if this thread came out when he played in Seattle if you'd be saying ther same thing. It's funny when some of you claim superior intellect from the comfort of your own mom's basement.

I have Brees and Dalton for my Superbowl.

Everyone and their mother is telling me to start Dalton and sit Brees because Carolina has the #2 pass defense and Minnesota has the #31 pass defense. But I am looking at it another way. New Orleans is ineffective running the ball and will be even worse running against the Panthers defense in Carolina. What else are the Saints going to do? They are going to pass and pass and pass and pass some more. Brees may get picked a couple of times, but he will put up good yardage and get a few scores. He did ok against them a few of weeks ago. On the other hand, Cincinnati could possibly get an early big lead against Minnesota... enough to start using its run game with Gio and perhaps even BGE later in the game to run out the clock. I think the upside here is for Brees rather than Dalton or that they both do well. No way does Brees tank this crucial game.

Just my contrarian opinion, FWIW. Good luck my fellow Brees owners.

P.S. Nothing feels worse benching your stud and watching him have a stellar day. Do you really want to risk your championship like that?

• Like 2

I can live with playing Brees and losing my championship. I cannot live with playing someone like Cutler, Romo or Dalton and losing my championship while if I had played Brees I would have won - that would sting way too much. The fact that the Saints need this game now more than ever, coupled with the fact that Brees did not have a good game last outing (by his standards), has me leaning heavily with Brees. Regardless of the outcome this week - I will never doubt my decision to play Brees - he's too damn good.

• Like 1

Since I don't have Peyton, I'm rolling with Brees.

This.

Pretty much sums it up.

Due to the timing of the games and the possibility of Cutler sitting I may have to go Brees. I really want to start Cutler but a bad Brees game is still better that no Cutler. Dang!

Heavy rain and high winds are projected for both the Philly/Bears game and Dallas/Redskins game, might have no choice but to start Brees over Cutler and Cousins...DAMN! LOL

Bottom line... If Brees is responsible for getting you to the play-offs, then play him.

How high did you draft brees? Benching a high draft pick because of matchup should maybe make you rethink your draft strategy next year if you can't feel confident starting the #2 overall player in fantasy. Don't bench brees.

I know, that is what is killing me...

Go with Brees. Resist the temptation bro.

Heavy rain and high winds are projected for both the Philly/Bears game and Dallas/Redskins game, might have no choice but to start Brees over Cutler and Cousins...DAMN! LOL

Too early to call that.

I have Brees and Dalton for my Superbowl.

Everyone and their mother is telling me to start Dalton and sit Brees because Carolina has the #2 pass defense and Minnesota has the #31 pass defense. But I am looking at it another way. New Orleans is ineffective running the ball and will be even worse running against the Panthers defense in Carolina. What else are the Saints going to do? They are going to pass and pass and pass and pass some more. Brees may get picked a couple of times, but he will put up good yardage and get a few scores. He did ok against them a few of weeks ago. On the other hand, Cincinnati could possibly get an early big lead against Minnesota... enough to start using its run game with Gio and perhaps even BGE later in the game to run out the clock. I think the upside here is for Brees rather than Dalton or that they both do well. No way does Brees tank this crucial game.

Just my contrarian opinion, FWIW. Good luck my fellow Brees owners.

P.S. Nothing feels worse benching your stud and watching him have a stellar day. Do you really want to risk your championship like that?

I completely agree with you. To bench Brees for a guy like dalton is blasphemous. And this is coming from a guy who is benching Luck for Dalton, but luck ain't no brees.

Crap, Heavy T-Storms and occasional high winds now expected in Carolina tomorrow; this storm Gemini heading East could be a big factor with all three of my QB's in Philly, Washington and Carolina! :(

Charlotte: Showers in the morning, then heavy thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some storms will contain heavy rainfall. A few storms may be severe. High 73F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

I guess now I'm looking at either Cutler or Cousins, as I really don't like Brees tomorrow given the whole situation with the weather, Brees on the road and Carolina's D.

This from CBS:

Jay Cutler, QB, Bears: My Projection: 22 FPTS
It took about a half, but Cutler knocked off the rust and threw like a champ against the Browns secondary last week. The Eagles have run hot and cold but ultimately three of the last four quarterbacks to play the Eagles had multiple touchdowns and 24-plus Fantasy points. Cutler has seven games with 20-plus Fantasy points in the eight he's played more than a half in.
I'd start him over: Drew Brees, Tom Brady

Dalton has been mediocre or bad too many times this year- including in some plus matchups. If Brees is your guy, you play him.

Dalton has been mediocre or bad too many times this year- including in some plus matchups. If Brees is your guy, you play him.

I agree with this, add in the weather in Cincy, and I'd go with Brees. However, at this point, still rolling with Cutler in one league and Cousins in the other...for now!

Hats off to the forward alarmist thinkers.

Fixed.

Sometimes it pays......it just hurts worse when it doesn't.

Ruhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh!

The two int's were -6 for me so he got a whopping 12.1,Luck only outscored him by 4.I'm still breathing in my game with Riley Cooper and Crabtree and down by 24,he does have Marshall though.How did you do?

Fixed.

Sometimes it pays......it just hurts worse when it doesn't.

No, there was actual cause to be concerned. No need to fix what I posted, it was fine.

No, there was actual cause to be concerned. No need to fix what I posted, it was fine.

Listen, you are entitled to your opinion......and it is certainly as valid as anyone else's. The fact is, those who sat Brees probably made the right move, unless they started one of the many piece of crap QB's that stunk it up today, as well. However, it was a very risky move. Brees is a top-3 QB regardless of opponent. Those who sat Manning against Tennessee had valid reasons also. Tennessee was #1 against QB's at the time and the weather was crappy....and we all saw what Manning did against NE in crappy weather. It was, as it turned out, a terrible move......despite the warning signs, because Manning is also a top-3 QB regardless of opponent.

Yes, hats off to those that had the nads to sit Brees......in ff the end result is all that matters. It was not and is not, however, a recommendable move.

Listen, you are entitled to your opinion......and it is certainly as valid as anyone else's. The fact is, those who sat Brees probably made the right move, unless they started one of the many piece of crap QB's that stunk it up today, as well. However, it was a very risky move. Brees is a top-3 QB regardless of opponent. Those who sat Manning against Tennessee had valid reasons also. Tennessee was #1 against QB's at the time and the weather was crappy....and we all saw what Manning did against NE in crappy weather. It was, as it turned out, a terrible move......despite the warning signs, because Manning is also a top-3 QB regardless of opponent.

Yes, hats off to those that had the nads to sit Brees......in ff the end result is all that matters. It was not and is not, however, a recommendable move.

I don't have time to calculate the numbers but I'd bet that changes with Brees on the road in outdoor games,especially this season.

Funny to read this thread now.

Cousins, Cutler, Rivers... Brees, somehow nearly all of us were wrong.

I guess those that started Foles can have their moment...

No one started Dalton instead of Brees, so spare us that BS.

I actually went with my gut and sat Brees, I was so darn happy with that decision until Cutler decided to pull a Brees. O'well, there is always next year.

The two int's were -6 for me so he got a whopping 12.1,Luck only outscored him by 4.I'm still breathing in my game with Riley Cooper and Crabtree and down by 24,he does have Marshall though.How did you do?

Payton Manning was my QB. I'm a Saints fan.

This/ 4 TD's suck when it counts the most. Some of you are really dumb! I played Battleship with girls in the sixth grade that sunk more than you.

Bree's has never had back to back dud games under Peyton. Win and were in. Played them two weeks ago. Next game is at home with no pressure and a locked up second round bye.

Sit Bree's and lose. And let your opponent say "B 9......you sunk your stoopid ass!!!!"

Pretty sure you were looking in the mirror when you said this. There were two games wheere it was obvious you sit Brees (assuming you had another QB with a better matchup. When you go to Seattle on a Monday night nationally televised game, you sit him. When he goes to Carolina,you sit him. Both of those weeks,I faced Brees owners, and was happy to see him in the lineup. Won them both, the Carolina game being the Championship game. Winner. :overhead:

You? Loser....... :thumbsdown:

Pretty sure you were looking in the mirror when you said this. There were two games wheere it was obvious you sit Brees (assuming you had another QB with a better matchup. When you go to Seattle on a Monday night nationally televised game, you sit him. When he goes to Carolina,you sit him. Both of those weeks,I faced Brees owners, and was happy to see him in the lineup. Won them both, the Carolina game being the Championship game. Winner. :overhead:

You? Loser....... :thumbsdown:

Yeah, this bunnydbag calls us "dumb" and "stooped"..."Sit Bree's and lose. And let your opponent say "B 9......you sunk your stoopid ass!!!!"

What a clown..."B10...I think you lost your battleship!" LOL