Sign in to follow this  
highsider5

worst SB ever... did u learn anything for FF next year?

on the downside, the game just blew in every aspect, it was nearly unwatchable... the best concert on earth halftime, worse than the game... even the commercials were a major fail... I could have done without any of it, a nap would have been a decent alternative.

on the upside, saw a seahawk or two I might covet come FF draft day for defense, but not much else, their offense doesn't move me... also I'm out of love with a few Broncos as well, but that might be somewhat unfair because I'm skewed by what I saw from the lack of offense, hard to learn from an absentee showing like that.. on defense, LOL, didn't see any.

on a side note, Joe buck is the biggest tard ever, was he scripted or paid to be that retarded or is he really that big of a dipsh? I thought he was a baseball guy, I hope he goes back, he made a bad game even more awful.

anyways, cam chancellor seems like a baller, Sherman seems over rated, and I'll have my eye on the secondary, don't recall them by name but I saw some things I liked... was it the safety listed at 6'5"?

Not sure I am so high on Manning anymore.....

See no reason not to reach for Seattle's defense next year after trying to stream them this year.

Harvin will be worth some investment next year.

Seattle's defense and ST are a worthwhile investment too, probably along with the old Ravens of moving up to get them.

manning is a tough call, because FF does not rely on the post season... remove.that and manning rocks LOL

Seattle defense, we start 8 on defense so, I pick individuals, picking them as a D/ST was not impacted by the SB, they are a tough bunch

harvin is a possible gold catch if he can keep it up, we also count return yards so bagging a receiver who also returns is pretty big.

manning is a tough call, because FF does not rely on the post season... remove.that and manning rocks LOL

Seattle defense, we start 8 on defense so, I pick individuals, picking them as a D/ST was not impacted by the SB, they are a tough bunch

harvin is a possible gold catch if he can keep it up, we also count return yards so bagging a receiver who also returns is pretty big.

Harvin was quickest guy on field last night hands down

on the downside, the game just blew in every aspect, it was nearly unwatchable... the best concert on earth halftime, worse than the game... even the commercials were a major fail... I could have done without any of it, a nap would have been a decent alternative.

on the upside, saw a seahawk or two I might covet come FF draft day for defense, but not much else, their offense doesn't move me... also I'm out of love with a few Broncos as well, but that might be somewhat unfair because I'm skewed by what I saw from the lack of offense, hard to learn from an absentee showing like that.. on defense, LOL, didn't see any.

on a side note, Joe buck is the biggest tard ever, was he scripted or paid to be that retarded or is he really that big of a dipsh? I thought he was a baseball guy, I hope he goes back, he made a bad game even more awful.

anyways, cam chancellor seems like a baller, Sherman seems over rated, and I'll have my eye on the secondary, don't recall them by name but I saw some things I liked... was it the safety listed at 6'5"?

Safety is like 5'8"

anyways, cam chancellor seems like a baller, Sherman seems over rated, and I'll have my eye on the secondary, don't recall them by name but I saw some things I liked... was it the safety listed at 6'5"?l

great to see a team built like the seahawks win and like the way they won

Quit and enjoy life.

Nah - playoffs dont mean a darned thing to fantasy football.

What I learned is that the NFL is a regular season sport and because of the one and done playoff format you dont always get what you are expecting. I guess that can make it interesting but it can also ruin it as it did this weekend. All that hype, all the BS, and the game was over halfway through the second quarter. Not what the people wanted. If they played again I believe Seatle still wins but the game would have been better. Strong defense in football is akin to strong pitching in baseball - its effective but damnit its BORING!

Thats where the NHL/NBA have the best system - no flukiness! Ya gotta beat the team 4 times. I do like that but I understand that in football that would make the SB take 2 months :) Now - a two-game cumulative score thing...I could get on board with that. Each team hosts one game. Imagine the revenue for each city!

as far as Fantasy Football is concerned.... DRAFT SanFran PLAYERS next year!

That's right... what you just saw lit a fire under an already elite SF team. SEA, a divisional rival, is pushing SF to be even better, even hungrier - SF knows how close they were and how achievable it is for them.

I've seen this in the past with NE and the NYJ. The Jets put together some TOUGH teams that went to the AFC Title game - and it was because they were chasing NE - NE pushed the NYJ to be their best. The same will happen with SF, the difference being that the gap between SEA and SF is not as great as the one between NE and NYJ.

I will happily let everyone over reach for all the SuperBowl names/teams/faces, and I'll scoop up the SF players.

What I learned is that the NFL is a regular season sport

Road - your depression is killing me here.... be careful with this criteria, you'll annoint NE as the greatest team ever with all this regular season stuff.

NEWSFLASH! This "regular season" revelation of yours is nothing new. Bill Parcells talked for years about "just making the dance" because it's been the case forever that anything can happen in the single-elimination of the NFL playoffs. Sometimes the best team wins. Sometimes the luckiest team wins. Sometimes the hottest team wins. I know because I've seen NE win it all three ways - I've seen Parcells and Belichick teams win in all different ways.

I've even gone so far as suggesting that the crying in fantasy football about how unfair the head-to-head format is actually represents the NFL the best - so what if you outscored your whole league by 1,000 points, you lost in the playoffs.

Really? I wasn't watching terribly closely so I just have general impressions but I thought Trevathan was really, really impressive. I'd have to go back and rewatch with a soptlight on him to be certain but I thought he outbeasted Beast mode a bunch of times. When I have seen Lynch over the last couple of years he has rarely gone down without multiple tacklers, but I thought he went down multiple times on 1st contact with Trevathan including an arm tackle and I don't think it was because Lynch wasn'rt running hard. When he wasn't making the tackle he was clogging the pipes and playing sideline to sideline. I get the feeling the guy is a potential superstar in the making. I don't play any IDP but I'd be an aggressive buyer if I did.

Hit the nail on the head with Joe Buck. He is the worst in the business.

Road - your depression is killing me here.... be careful with this criteria, you'll annoint NE as the greatest team ever with all this regular season stuff.

NEWSFLASH! This "regular season" revelation of yours is nothing new. Bill Parcells talked for years about "just making the dance" because it's been the case forever that anything can happen in the single-elimination of the NFL playoffs. Sometimes the best team wins. Sometimes the luckiest team wins. Sometimes the hottest team wins. I know because I've seen NE win it all three ways - I've seen Parcells and Belichick teams win in all different ways.

I've even gone so far as suggesting that the crying in fantasy football about how unfair the head-to-head format is actually represents the NFL the best - so what if you outscored your whole league by 1,000 points, you lost in the playoffs.

Ryan - How so, my man? The Pats have 3 SB titles and 5 apperances in the last what...10-11 years? No too shabby. You cant win every playoff game or SB! Totally agree that NE has really played each role:

vs the Rams they were clearly the underdog

vs The Eagles it was almost neutral

vs Carolina it was almost neutral

vs The Giants(1st time) they were heavily favored

I also like the uncertainty since it'd get dull watching the #1 seeds play in the SB every year. But there have been times when some lucky upstart team wins a cheap wildcard round game and then proceeds to screw up the rest of the playoffs since the matchups are all wrong or it paves the way easily for some other team. No perfect system, thats for sure. I just find the NHL and NBA playoffs WAY more interesting than the NFL playoffs.

Nah - playoffs dont mean a darned thing to fantasy football.

What I learned is that the NFL is a regular season sport and because of the one and done playoff format you dont always get what you are expecting. I guess that can make it interesting but it can also ruin it as it did this weekend. All that hype, all the BS, and the game was over halfway through the second quarter. Not what the people wanted. If they played again I believe Seatle still wins but the game would have been better. Strong defense in football is akin to strong pitching in baseball - its effective but damnit its BORING!

Thats where the NHL/NBA have the best system - no flukiness! Ya gotta beat the team 4 times. I do like that but I understand that in football that would make the SB take 2 months :) Now - a two-game cumulative score thing...I could get on board with that. Each team hosts one game. Imagine the revenue for each city!

well disagree with point one, seeing guys in a playoff run can be very valuable... I predict movement on several players from what we saw in the Superbowl alone, several Seahawks will rise in the draft, several Broncos will drop... shoot, harvin is gonna be a major hot spot at WR, all due to that runback or maybe that and a good overall showing. that hip seems ok, that was still a big ? before the bowl

on the NBA or NHL, not even remotely on that page with you at all, they use so many 7 game series it almost negates the regular season. so many teams get in, it's almost pointless to try and win your division, and earning home field or home ice doesn't seem to matter as much... and hockey, only like 4 teams miss the post season, if the NFL were like this, the playoff bracket would have like 28 teams and take months... so not with you at all, watering down the games, brackets or regular season is a useless concept in football IMO.

the two game cumulative idea, seriously LOL, that seems like something you'd have seen in the XFL. I would expect that to be along side things like nets outside the goalposts so you can play the missed kick , automating the 2pt conversion or just eliminating the PAT, or some fantasy scoring table for field goals or touchdowns, where you get 5 pts for a 50+ kick or something.

Hit the nail on the head with Joe Buck. He is the worst in the business.

quote and bump just because I agree with this so much, what a d-bag

well disagree with point one, seeing guys in a playoff run can be very valuable... I predict movement on several players from what we saw in the Superbowl alone, several Seahawks will rise in the draft, several Broncos will drop... shoot, harvin is gonna be a major hot spot at WR, all due to that runback or maybe that and a good overall showing. that hip seems ok, that was still a big ? before the bowl

on the NBA or NHL, not even remotely on that page with you at all, they use so many 7 game series it almost negates the regular season. so many teams get in, it's almost pointless to try and win your division, and earning home field or home ice doesn't seem to matter as much... and hockey, only like 4 teams miss the post season, if the NFL were like this, the playoff bracket would have like 28 teams and take months... so not with you at all, watering down the games, brackets or regular season is a useless concept in football IMO.

the two game cumulative idea, seriously LOL, that seems like something you'd have seen in the XFL. I would expect that to be along side things like nets outside the goalposts so you can play the missed kick , automating the 2pt conversion or just eliminating the PAT, or some fantasy scoring table for field goals or touchdowns, where you get 5 pts for a 50+ kick or something.

There is no doubt that too many teams make the playoffs in those other sports and thats an issue. But the best of 7 format at least elminates the lucky break/flukiness stuff that many people hate. Homefield certainly does matter in the NFL more than others due to fields and conditions being different everywhere. But, you could argue that the NFL regular season also doesnt matter much either nor does winning the division. Look at the Giants, Packers, 49ers, etc that have won or made it deep in the playoffs. The got hot at the right time. They didnt win divisions or post 13-3 records.... they just got hot late in the year. The Giants won TWO Super Bowls by sucking early and then getting super hot late.

Why is a two-game cumulative score such a horrible idea? Its been discussed and would seem valid. Why not? One game in each stadium. The Super Bowl is over produced and over hyped anyways so whats another week or two of it? I dont see why its such a terible idea.

There is no doubt that too many teams make the playoffs in those other sports and thats an issue. But the best of 7 format at least elminates the lucky break/flukiness stuff that many people hate. Homefield certainly does matter in the NFL more than others due to fields and conditions being different everywhere. But, you could argue that the NFL regular season also doesnt matter much either nor does winning the division. Look at the Giants, Packers, 49ers, etc that have won or made it deep in the playoffs. The got hot at the right time. They didnt win divisions or post 13-3 records.... they just got hot late in the year. The Giants won TWO Super Bowls by sucking early and then getting super hot late.

Why is a two-game cumulative score such a horrible idea? Its been discussed and would seem valid. Why not? One game in each stadium. The Super Bowl is over produced and over hyped anyways so whats another week or two of it? I dont see why its such a terible idea.

Well that may be, and I get it... it's interesting but I can get wrapped around most anything so, my bar is admittedly low. Mere shiny objects can grab my attention for a microsecond... you know... SQUIRREL!!!

Anyways, I'll debate it even if I'm still not into it, and ill admit, nothing about that has me yet. I'm slightly more interested in expanding the bracket, upping the number of wildcards, or even ditching the playoff bye weeks.

The regular season matters more in football I'd say, basketball has too many regular season games to make it matter, and hockey only skims last place from the playoffs. Both make a lot of regular season games meaningless. In football, there are very few meaningless games, unless you have your spot locked up and week 17 is only a liability to your post season, they all matter.

Hockey'd do well to drop a series and the layer of teams needed to make that math work. in fact, hockey could lose two rounds of playoffs and the draw of the playoffs would go up.

Still, of the three, seems like the regular season is the most important to a football team than the others. Home field and a bye week are huge advantages in the NFL, those aren't even factors to other sports. That miraculous run the kings has last year, seemed like they limped into the last road game so they could finish and win at home. do I recall that right? Anyways, ending like that seemed awful anticlimactic for a Cinderella story. Basketball isn't even compelling until the all star break, and even then...

I'm interested in where Harvin goes next year. I've got him in a deep keeper and can keep him for a 5th round pick, or maybe trade him for a pick. I had him on my bench all year in hopes of a performance like he had in the SB to up his value going into next year. Well actually, I had hoped he would come back mid year... but this is better than nothing.

Wilson will play a tough schedule and play average at best and not be on my team or bench. I'll let the homers and ESPN cuckhold him and sit back and laugh when someone in my league drafts him early.

Wilson will play a tough schedule and play average at best and not be on my team or bench. I'll let the homers and ESPN cuckhold him and sit back and laugh when someone in my league drafts him early.

:lol:

agree on Wilson, he is not amazing in the Superbowl sense, or in the amazing QB sense... Montana, Marino, Brady, Bradshaw, those are legends, Wilson isn't a scrub don't get me wrong, he's just not those guys... more closer to the flacco's and dilfer's of the world, better than them I think, just closer to this, than them. don't get all flamy seattlefan

for FF purposes, I'd think beast mode is still a solid grab, harvin should be as well now that he is 100% again, but I don't see stats pouring out of anyone else, am I missing somebody?

the ravens exemplified SB letdown this year, and it's not a quantum physics reach to see the hawks having a tougher year now. they seem to be in way better shape for a run again, but life is tougher on you when you bear the yoke from day 1... they will be targets across the board now, for sure SF won't overlook their matchups, you know that is already circled on the calendar.

Kearse had a couple nice grabs. Still not sure I'd trust a Seahawk WR outside of Harvin, but he is on my radar.

Quit and enjoy life.

Exactly what I did, first time in 20 yrs. I did not play. Enjoyed the season so much better - even with my Boys sucking balls.

Exactly what I did, first time in 20 yrs. I did not play. Enjoyed the season so much better - even with my Boys sucking balls.

my Boys sucking balls is another reason to play FF. I wouldn't enjoy the NFL near as much without it

For next year:

Peyton's dismal performance might actually drop him a few notches next year, but he will still be a first-round investment.

Harvin is a stud, but will be over-priced due to his SB performance combined with his injury history.

Kearse, Baldwin, Rice, Tate.....all are hardly worth a look, cancelling each other out on a defensive team that runs the rock.

Both Thomas's and Decker are still great picks as long as Manning is healthy.

Moreno and Ball will be hard to gauge unless something shakes out during the preseason or one is injured.

Lynch is still da' man, and could possibly slip a notch or two after his SB performance.

:lol:

He is pretty laughable when it comes to FF. And the real game the more I think about it.

He is middle of the road in FF. This team is just not geared to put up FF numbers with the exception of lynch. As far as the real game goes? Top third.

I'm interested in where Harvin goes next year. I've got him in a deep keeper and can keep him for a 5th round pick, or maybe trade him for a pick. I had him on my bench all year in hopes of a performance like he had in the SB to up his value going into next year. Well actually, I had hoped he would come back mid year... but this is better than nothing.

Harvin is the one we should be paying attention in the next year's draft. He probably will be overlooked by a few.

I am not down on Manning for fantasy, he will probably have another stellar year next season, of course not at the expectation of this year's level.