Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

2014 off season dynasty and keeper thread

PPR League. I need to keep 4 of these 5. What are your thoughts?

Spiller

R. Bush

Ellington

Fitzgerald

Gordon

Spiller, Bush, Fitz, Gordon

I think it comes down to Ellington and Fitzgerald. I will keep Fitzgerald, since I don't think Ellington will be full time RB, RBBC is more likely.

• Like 1

Gordon, Fitz, and Spiller would be for sure keepers.

It then comes down to Bush and Ellington. Both are much better PPR RBs than traditional format RBs. Bush was better last year but is older and expected to be dialed back. Ellington is smaller so you worry how much of the load he will get. Neither will see a lot on short yardage.

Word out of the desert is Ellington will get more work next year. In Detroit, the story is the opposite for Bush. So #4 is Ellington. That would mean cutting Bush. If you can hold off the decision until after the draft it would be helpful since AZ would be more likely to pick a RB than Detroit. Make sure that doesn't happen.

Not sure how the league works. Long term if you can keep them for years I consider it but if I was trying win next year I'd strongly consider Bush. His touches will be dialed back but he was PPR PGG rb #6 last year.

I might drop Fitz. His current ADP is 4.11. Might be able to snag him or another fine replacement in the 5th.

The purge of running backs from my team has continued this offseason. I have Ridley, Ball, and Forte remaining as actual startable running backs.

Arian Foster, 2.02, 5.06 gave up

Torrey Smith, Mike Wallace, 2.12 received

My receivers are slowly getting better, but I've still got a ways to go unless Streater or James Jones can emerge. Fitzgerald should have a nice bounce back season

Still have rookie picks 1.02, 1.06, 2.05, 2.06 and 2.12 now. Though this steadily allows for BPA for 1.06

I have realized this pas(s)t season in the NFL that it has become a dominant wide receiver driven league and if you can successfully defend that aspect you can defeat most teams. In fantasy however, most "dominant" receivers get theirs regardless and are able to catch a solid amount of passes on a high number of targets. While I do not have any go-to wide receiver (yes I consider Fitzgerald the WR2 now on Arizona going into 2014) I do want to get consistent numbers from the bunch. I believe in Streater and James Jones, particularly if they are able to address the DEFENSE first and foremost in this draft. Streater is a big receiver (6'3") and can be a great WR2 this season if things go right. Going into his third season he's doing pretty well and it could always be worse than Schaub as his quarterback...

The free agency period this off-season really made me question any allegiance to ANY running back by an NFL franchise other than LeSean McCoy and Adrian Peterson. And as a result, players like Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, DeAngelo Williams, or any Chargers running back frighten me in both re-draft and dynasty. I don't believe in Chris Johnson either for the Jets...I think he's done...he got his last payday and he'll give it the college try his first year, PITA all ensuing years to come. Arian Foster is amongst those players to me as well. When I drafted him a season ago, I think he's the type of player that had the highest possible upside, but an incredibly low floor. Unfortunately I crashed and burned snatching him up.

Getting young receivers seems to be all the rave so I'm taking a shot hoping that Wallace should improve(?!) his career high's in catches and targets. If Ryan Tannehill had connected on a few of the deep balls, we could've been talking about a top 20 receiver in his first season with a new team. Bill Lazor should help with Tannehill's development, but I wouldn't expect him to be a contributor in any capacity for the offensive scheme. Could help greatly for the team, along with Knowshon Moreno giving a little legitimacy to the running game. Only question is whether they are going to work on the cohesiveness and kindness of the offensive line next season. Remember: No Bullying!

i think if you believe in Peterson and McCoy there isn't much reason not to believe in Charles and Forte as well. and philly brought in Sproles who i have to believe will siphon some receptions from McCoy.

So how am i doing so far?

12 team dynasty start up draft 1 PPR qb rb rb wr wr wr te rb/wr/te def k,

30 roster spots, plus some IR spots i think.. Im gonna need some deep sleepers.

This is my first start up draft for a dynasty league. Im sure i'll screw it up. Taking over an orphan team was much easier. This draft is already wreaking havoc on my nerves.

Pulled the dreaded 12 spot in the draft,

So far i have drafted thusly

1.12: Giovani Bernard

2.01 Randall Cobb

Thought about Forte instead of Bernard, and Marshall instead of Cobb, but in the end chose youth. I think i got the next Rice and Welker, 2 PPR Gods in their prime. Im pretty happy about this.

Still available (at 2.09): Peterson, Gronk, Watkins

This is my first start up draft for a dynasty league. Im sure i'll screw it up. Taking over an orphan team was much easier. This draft is already wreaking havoc on my nerves.

2.01 Randall Cobb

Thought about Forte instead of Bernard, and Marshall instead of Cobb, but in the end chose youth. I think i got the next Rice and Welker, 2 PPR Gods in their prime. Im pretty happy about this.

Solid start. Curious to as who was selected prior to your 1.12 pick? Could you post the results or link to the site?

I got into 2 dynasty start-up's last year & it was definitely a learning experience but a lot of fun. Balancing youth with veterans is key plus working up & down the draft boards via trades. Youth usually trumps the decision making process since you're gonna have to trade player's away within a 3-4 year window in most dynasty leagues.

Currently in the middle of a rookie draft in one of those dynasty leagues. It's a modified PPR scoring system (0.5/RB, 1/WR, 1.5/TE). Here's my picks thus far:

1.2 Mike Evans WR-Tampa Bay

2.2 Jeremy Hill RB - Cincinnati

2.9. Johnny Manziel QB - Cleveland

I already have Aaron Rodgers & Jay Cutler at QB but opted to select Manziel with my 2.9 pick. Had other needs at RB & TE, but couldn't pass on the potential upside of Manziel at that point in the draft. He can sit on my taxi squad for 1-2 years so hopefully he gets Gordon back & Cleveland gives him some playmakers in the 2015 draft.

Here are the first two rounds:

1.01 AJ Green

1.02 Dez Bryant

1.03 Lesean McCoy

1.04 Calvin Johnson

1.05 Jamal Charles

1.06 Demarius Thomas

1.07 Jimmy Graham

1.08 Julio Jones

1.09 Alshon Jeffries

1.10 Eddie Lacy

1.11 Doug Martin

1.12 Gio Bernard

2.01 Randall Cobb

2.02 Leveon Bell

2.03 Keenan Allen

2.04 Antonio Brown

2.05 Josh Gordon

2.06 Brandon Marshall

2.07 Matt Forte

2.08 Cordarrelle Patterson

2.09 Micheal Floyd

2.10 Montee Ball

2.11 Mike Evans

2.12 Andrew Luck

2.01 Randall Cobb

Accidentally deleted my post.

I dont like the start personally. I would have taken Ball over Bernard and a lot of players over Cobb.

Accidentally deleted my post.

I dont like the start personally. I would have taken Ball over Bernard and a lot of players over Cobb.

Yeah well who asked you?

:P

Yeah well who asked you?

:P

I stated this in my deleted post, I have had 2 startup drafts so far and neither have ended up in good rosters for the first year, so I may not be the best person to listen to. I just do not like Cobb, and I would have probably traded out of that pick. I like Nelson a lot more working with Rogers. All of the receivers the Packers have drafted puts up a red flag also. I am probably wrong about him because he does have speed and working full time with Rogers makes most receivers good.

At least you didn't take Michale Floyd at 2.09. That will probably be the worst pick of the draft.

This year would have been an interesting year to do a start up. Draft a bunch of rookies from this year and then a QB would have probably been my strategy if the right players fell to me.

Here are the first two rounds:

1.01 AJ Green

1.02 Dez Bryant

1.03 Lesean McCoy

1.04 Calvin Johnson

1.05 Jamal Charles

1.06 Demarius Thomas

1.07 Jimmy Graham

1.08 Julio Jones

1.09 Alshon Jeffries

1.10 Eddie Lacy

1.11 Doug Martin

1.12 Gio Bernard

2.01 Randall Cobb

2.02 Leveon Bell

2.03 Keenan Allen

2.04 Antonio Brown

2.05 Josh Gordon

2.06 Brandon Marshall

2.07 Matt Forte

2.08 Cordarrelle Patterson

2.09 Micheal Floyd

2.10 Montee Ball

2.11 Mike Evans

2.12 Andrew Luck

Thanks for post the draft. Always interested in how others draft in serious leagues.

Frankly I don't like your Giovani Bernard pick. Bengals spent a 2nd round pick in Jeremy Hill pretty much tells you everything you need to know. Bernard is not worth a first round pick in a start up draft.

cool thread, I think I have a glutton of RB2's and need to get down to 2 of em

Bush

J.Bell

Ellington

Gerhart

CJ2k

my WR seems pretty easy to make the cuts to 1

Marshall

Garcon

VJax

Decker

2.01 Randall Cobb

I don't understand Peterson still being there.

cool thread, I think I have a glutton of RB2's and need to get down to 2 of em

Bush

J.Bell

Ellington

Gerhart

CJ2k

my WR seems pretty easy to make the cuts to 1

Marshall

Garcon

VJax

Decker

Gerhart

Bush or Ellington

hey SC, i tried to message u but your box is full. sent u a trade offer

An update to my experts' dynasty league, for those of you that care. Here's a refresher of the offseason action up to this point:

FF Today traded DeMarco Murray, Andre Brown, 1.9 and 4.9 to Junkyard Jake for Matt Forte, Kendall Wright, 2.2 and 3.2

Fantasy Sharks traded Coby Fleener to DraftCalc for 3.3

FF Today traded Eric Decker to DraftCalc for 2.3 and Kenny Britt

DraftCalc traded Shane Vereen and Eric Decker for Ray Rice

FF Today traded Jordan Cameron to Dynasty League Football for 1.8

FF Calculator trades Nick Foles, Khiry Robinson, 3.5, 3.10 and 4.10 to DraftCalc for 1.3

DraftCalc trades C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson to Dynasty League Football for Ben Tate and Vincent Jackson

DraftCalc trades Joe Flacco to Fantasy Sharks for Tim Wright

Here are the two most recent deals:

Fantasy Sharks traded Bryce Brown and Calvin Johnson to Dynasty League Football for Josh Gordon and 1.11 :o (this was well after the news of Gordon's possible suspension)

FF Today traded 1.8, 2.9 and 3.9 to Junkyard Jake for 1.2 and 4.2

I absolutely love the fact I will land either one of the top two receivers or Sankey because of this last trade. I see five potential immediate contributors in this draft and at least eight other solid non-quarterback dynasty investments in time for the 2015 season, so the chances I will get at least another capable starter down the line at 2.2 and 2.3 is pretty high.

CORRECTION: I see four immediate impact contributors (Watkins, Evans, Cooks and Sankey) who I think will also be long-term studs. Jordan Matthews was the fifth player I referenced above, but he may take a few weeks to post every-week starter numbers in 2014.

An update to my experts' dynasty league, for those of you that care. Here's a refresher of the offseason action up to this point:

FF Today traded DeMarco Murray, Andre Brown, 1.9 and 4.9 to Junkyard Jake for Matt Forte, Kendall Wright, 2.2 and 3.2

Fantasy Sharks traded Coby Fleener to DraftCalc for 3.3

FF Today traded Eric Decker to DraftCalc for 2.3 and Kenny Britt

DraftCalc traded Shane Vereen and Eric Decker for Ray Rice

FF Today traded Jordan Cameron to Dynasty League Football for 1.8

FF Calculator trades Nick Foles, Khiry Robinson, 3.5, 3.10 and 4.10 to DraftCalc for 1.3

DraftCalc trades C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson to Dynasty League Football for Ben Tate and Vincent Jackson

DraftCalc trades Joe Flacco to Fantasy Sharks for Tim Wright

Here are the two most recent deals:

Fantasy Sharks traded Bryce Brown and Calvin Johnson to Dynasty League Football for Josh Gordon and 1.11 :o (this was well after the news of Gordon's possible suspension)

FF Today traded 1.8, 2.9 and 3.9 to Junkyard Jake for 1.2 and 4.2

I absolutely love the fact I will land either one of the top two receivers or Sankey because of this last trade. I see five potential immediate contributors in this draft and at least eight other solid non-quarterback dynasty investments in time for the 2015 season, so the chances I will get at least another capable starter down the line at 2.2 and 2.3 is pretty high.

I just recently traded 2.03, a 2015 1st, and Mark Harrison to draft Sankey at 1.06. I was surprised he lasted that long and had to jump on the chance to take him there.

I just recently traded 2.03, a 2015 1st, and Mark Harrison to draft Sankey at 1.06. I was surprised he lasted that long and had to jump on the chance to take him there.

I would've taken Sankey with that 1.06 pick myself but with 3 top 10 dynasty RB's on my roster already (AP, Charles, Lacy), the trade made sense for me as well.

With two 1st & 2nd round picks in 2015, I'll reload next year.

I would've taken Sankey with that 1.06 pick myself but with 3 top 10 dynasty RB's on my roster already (AP, Charles, Lacy), the trade made sense for me as well.

With two 1st & 2nd round picks in 2015, I'll reload next year.

Yeah that is why I suspected you made the trade. You team is absolutely loaded at RB. I should be more like Les and Dru who seem to have an infinite amount of 1st round pick ability.

14 team dynasty

Traded away:

Eric Decker

Alfred Morris

rookie pick 1.12

Received

rookie pick 1.09

1rst round rookie pick next year(mid to late)

Justin Blackmon

Jeremy Maclin

Well, we've got some early rookie drafts starting anytime, so now's probably as good a time as any to start talking drafts.

WR is definitely the strength of the draft. Watkins and Evans are the cream of that crop.

Then we've got guys going to good situations, Cooks, Beckham, Matthews, Benjamin, Adams, and Latimer. Latimer gives me pause, as what happens when Peyton retires?

RB is weak this year, with a combination of a weak class NFL wise, and many going to bad situations. Sankey's probably the best combination of talent and situations, followed by Freeman and West. Hyde probably has the most long term potential, but he's in a super crowded backfield this year. Hill's almost certainly going to a RBBC situation, unless Gio suffers a Doug Martin like collapse.

Ebron's going to somewhere in the first, where likely depends on who needs what in your league.

Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles are probably going to be sprinkled round 2, Manziel or Bridgewater might find their way into the first round 1 for a QB hungry team that falls in love with one.

Thoughts?

Well, we've got some early rookie drafts starting anytime, so now's probably as good a time as any to start talking drafts.

WR is definitely the strength of the draft. Watkins and Evans are the cream of that crop.

Then we've got guys going to good situations, Cooks, Beckham, Matthews, Benjamin, Adams, and Latimer. Latimer gives me pause, as what happens when Peyton retires?

RB is weak this year, with a combination of a weak class NFL wise, and many going to bad situations. Sankey's probably the best combination of talent and situations, followed by Freeman and West. Hyde probably has the most long term potential, but he's in a super crowded backfield this year. Hill's almost certainly going to a RBBC situation, unless Gio suffers a Doug Martin like collapse.

Ebron's going to somewhere in the first, where likely depends on who needs what in your league.

Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles are probably going to be sprinkled round 2, Manziel or Bridgewater might find their way into the first round 1 for a QB hungry team that falls in love with one.

Thoughts?

Well..my thoughts will be brief on most players since I'm in a dynasty league with some of these knuckleheads that have been known to roam these boreds...

I think Watkins is clearly the number one player in this draft, regardless of situation. After him, I honestly feel like depending on one's direction for their team you could say that 1.02-1.06 all have an outstanding chance of landing one of the best prospects from this draft.

I love Evans, despite my trading out of the 1.02 spot.

I think that Cooks has landed himself in an even better landing spot that originally being projected and mocked (Eagles) and should gain significant ground in PPR leagues towards actually being the top point producer from this draft class for the next two years.

I read a lot of criticism regarding Sankey and that while he's not the most talented, he's in a good situation. Granted, he might not be the best running back talent wise, but he easily could (and probably should) be selected 1.02 in some leagues.

A lot of people are high on Jordan Matthews going to Philly. As an Eagles fan, I'm excited about him, but I honestly think that Josh Huff is the receiver from this class for the Eagles that's going to be turning the heads. Huff excels at run blocking, which for most accounts I haven't heard is a strong suit for Matthews despite his size. In a Chip Kelly run offense, I want the receivers that are going to be on the field a lot. Huff I feel has the better chance at that

I hate OBJ, but going to the Giants to me was the one team that could actually make him a viable fantasy asset.

I got no love for Hyde going to the 49ers. What a waste. I would've honestly considered him at 1.02 if he went to ANY other damn team. The 49ers don't have a clue what they want in their backfield. I wouldn't be surprised to see the other Harbaugh make a trade for Ray Rice..just so he can take his stupid pen hanging around his neck and draw something with it.

Latimer is a guy that's getting so much love because he's on the Broncos. And? If you're expecting Decker-like numbers, I got beach-front property to sell you in Lancaster, CA.

Benjamin is a guy that I could see turning into the next Brandon Marshall, or he could also turn into the next (Detroit) Mike Williams. I guess it comes down to QB play...if you know my thoughts on Cam Newton...you know my thoughts on just how good/bad Benjamin should be.

Davante Adams gets a lot of hype despite the fact that he's like 1,000,000th on the depth chart at WR. Nice for a taxi squad, not for immediate production

If I'm taking a QB, it's Bridgewater. Manziel sucks. Bortles went to the worst possible team. Carr will be just like his brother.

About to start a rookie/FA draft in my 12 team Dynasty PPR

Start 1 qb, 1-3 RBs, 2-4 WRs, 1-2 TEs, 1K, 1 D/ST total 9 starters

QB Rodgers, Sam Bradford

RBs Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Joique Bell, Robert Turbin, Christine Michael, CJ Anderson, Mike James, Chris Ogbonnaya, Stefan Taylor, Cierre Wood

WRs Larry Fitzgerald, Cordarrelle Patterson, Steve Smith, Marvin Jones, Danny Amendola, Tavon Austin, Golden Tate, Jarius Wright

TE Julius Thomas, Jordan Reed, Gavin Escobar

K Nick Novak

D.ST Seattle

I have picks 1.6, 1.7, 3.3, 3.9, 4.2

I am thinking BPA...or trade back for more picks next year....

Maybe look backup QB with picks 3.3 or 3.9...

Thoughts?

Vereen and Decker for Ray Rice was a huge overpay imo.

Completely agree (and that was made AFTER Rice's off-field issue). However, Decker had not signed with the Jets yet and Vereen is in the final year of his contract with the Pats, which may have entered into his thinking.

Completely agree (and that was made AFTER Rice's off-field issue). However, Decker had not signed with the Jets yet and Vereen is in the final year of his contract with the Pats, which may have entered into his thinking.

Vereen is still a talented back that could end up in a good situation in FA. I am not a rice fan moving forward at all.

I traded 2.05 away in this years draft for Lamar Miller. Tremendous value for a running back in his 3rd season. He's going to be involved in the offense.

Don't know what to expect out of Lazer as an offensive coordinator though...while a decent quarterbacks coach, he had no say in the offense.

I also acquired Mike Wallace. Two Dolphins players on my team might just make me crazy. Anyone wanna trade me Tannehill?

I traded 2.05 away in this years draft for Lamar Miller. Tremendous value for a running back in his 3rd season. He's going to be involved in the offense.

Don't know what to expect out of Lazer as an offensive coordinator though...while a decent quarterbacks coach, he had no say in the offense.

I also acquired Mike Wallace. Two Dolphins players on my team might just make me crazy. Anyone wanna trade me Tannehill?

You can have the other starter for Miami in a trade if you want, Rishard Matthews. I will send offers

Christine Michael or Khiry Robinson which would you rather have?

Long term, Michael. Possibly short term as well.

CM for sure, not because I think he's the 2nd coming but because SEA is a big time run first team and NO isn't.

I'll go ahead and post this link to keep you up to date with the rookie draft in my "experts" league.

Thoughts: I traded up to 1.2 with the intention of drafting Sankey, but figured I would be plenty happy with Watkins if FF Starters went with the Washington RB. I had 2.2, but was very happy to land Kyle Rudolph for that pick since I am very high on Rudolph's upside with Norv Turner in town. In the off chance Graham is declared a WR, I have his replacement. With Rudolph in place, I feel really good about the Jordan Cameron trade, which ultimately allowed me to move up to draft Watkins. Carey was a must-get for me with Forte's career probably headed on a downhill slope after this year.

I was very much hoping to land Terrance West with one of my second-rounders, but Fantasy Sharks decided he needed his ninth and 10th RBs more than he needed another starting receiver to fill the void left behind when he traded away Megatron (and Bryce Brown) for Gordon (and ultimately Jeremy Hill)...and that was well AFTER the news broke that Gordon would likely be suspended. I don't think I'm making any big announcement by stating I would like to add two more running backs to improve my depth there and wouldn't mind landing one of the three solid WRs left (Robinson, Adams and Latimer) even though I should be set at the position.