Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Best States to Live In

i always assumed that there was only 1 other poster from powell Wyoming on the fantasy football sites. I always thought that you were the poster on livewire.

Probably a safe assumption!

I do not agree that Michigan should be on the worst list. We have issues with some of our bigger shitty cities but the small towns here are fantastic. We have Michigan state and The U. We have all 4 clearly defined seasons and our weather is pretty good. We have no hurricanes,few tornados and very few earthquakes you feel. It snows....and it is cold during our winters but that is not a bad thing. You find things to do in the winter.

To summarize: the places where people actually live suck, you have some natural disasters, and you find shiot to do during shiotty weather? :dunno:

I would say the large cities suck. Detroit is a shitthole. Flint is little detroit. Ann arbor is probably one of our better cities in the lower part of the state. We have very few actual disasters. A spring tornado now and then and an earthquake here and there that rarely does any damage. The winter weather makes for fun time if you like to ski or snowmobile. The icefishing is fantastic as is the deer hunting.

Nashville rocks...but people need to quit moving here cause its going to end up all focked up.

Agreed. It's gonna become Atlanta with more hipsters and less blacks.

I would say the large cities suck. Detroit is a shitthole. Flint is little detroit. Ann arbor is probably one of our better cities in the lower part of the state. We have very few actual disasters. A spring tornado now and then and an earthquake here and there that rarely does any damage. The winter weather makes for fun time if you like to ski or snowmobile. The icefishing is fantastic as is the deer hunting.

I lived in Ann Arbor. It's OK, but much like any other big college town. Maybe a bit more snooty than most.

Even if you consider AA nice, the rest of the state sucks. Principally because of the weather, which is nice for maybe two months a year. And most skiers like mountains.

Where else have you lived for comparison purposes?

I'm sure it's still poor in many areas, but last time I was in the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area, I was struck by the number of luxury vehicles I saw. A huge increase from even just a few years prior.

Santa Fe is wealthy. Albuquerque, not so much. But I agree it is a beautiful state.

I have heard a lot of good things about Raleigh.

I actually suggested to my wife that we should take a look at that city and some other up and coming places like Nashville and Oklahoma City.

She thought I had lost my g0ddamned mind

Well it is, bar none, the most beautiful state in the country. If the loooong winters and alcoholism don't get you then yeah, it's pretty damn awesome.

Raleigh is a decent places to live. Within NC Asheville is better IMO.

Unless they love big mountains, I bet most people think HI is prettier than AK.

I lived in Ann Arbor. It's OK, but much like any other big college town. Maybe a bit more snooty than most.

Even if you consider AA nice, the rest of the state sucks. Principally because of the weather, which is nice for maybe two months a year. And most skiers like mountains.

Georgia.

I was going to mention the fact that Michigan having no mountains puts a damper on that skiing thing. My inlaws used to have a place in Boyne which was by one of the few ski slopes in Michigan. I think it had one 500 ft straight run. :lol:

Louisiana is the sh!t. You Fawkers have no idea how cool it is!

You, sir, are correct.

Not really. Hawaii has plenty to offer but it can't even come close to touching the grand scale of AK. The weather certainly puts HI over the top as far as a place I'd rather live at this point but if you're going for pure scenery there is no comparison at all.

Isn't Asheville like a retirement community?

I was going to mention the fact that Michigan having no mountains puts a damper on that skiing thing. My inlaws used to have a place in Boyne which was by one of the few ski slopes in Michigan. I think it had one 500 ft straight run. :lol:

I love boyne. Growing up in ga I only saw snow 2 times. They were both "blizzards" that amounted to an inch of snow. so coming here and icefishing,snomobile riding getting a defined set of seasons was something I enjoy. plus as a hunter the deer in michigan make deer down south look like dogs. Also I feel pretty safe from natural disasters here. espcially here in southeast michigan.

Isn't Asheville like a retirement community?

It is a mountain town, with a lot of outdoor activities. I think wealthy people retire there because it is such a nice place to live.

Not really. Hawaii has plenty to offer but it can't even come close to touching the grand scale of AK. The weather certainly puts HI over the top as far as a place I'd rather live at this point but if you're going for pure scenery there is no comparison at all.

I like both states, and AK certainly is larger.

Boyne is a joke, which made enduring the brutal winters in MI that much more difficult.

I love boyne. Growing up in ga I only saw snow 2 times. They were both "blizzards" that amounted to an inch of snow. so coming here and icefishing,snomobile riding getting a defined set of seasons was something I enjoy. plus as a hunter the deer in michigan make deer down south look like dogs. Also I feel pretty safe from natural disasters here. espcially here in southeast michigan.

I don't hunt, but I bet you'd like states like Montana/Wyoming/CO and maybe even the Dakotas better.

It is a mountain town, with a lot of outdoor activities. I think wealthy people retire there because it is such a nice place to live.

I heard Asheville was a beautiful place, just from all the things I heard that is where people retire in the southeast that don't go to Florida. Apparently the city in NC to live in is Boone.

Funny, I grew up in GA. Atlanta and the summers suck, but overall I'd take it any day over MI.

Yea I could not take that shitt anymore. the summer I left we had something like 15 straight days of 100 plus temps. I prefer the cold. I can layer up to withstand damn near anything old man winter has. I went on an egroll run for my pregnant gf at -45 with the windchill and with the right jackets and coveralls it just seems nippy out.

I heard Asheville was a beautiful place, just from all the things I heard that is where people retire in the southeast that don't go to Florida. Apparently the city in NC to live in is Boone.

Boone is pretty cool, too. Both Asheville and Boone are better than Raleigh. And Florida is terrible.

Boone is pretty cool, too. Both Asheville and Boone are better than Raleigh. And Florida is terrible.

Better how? It's subjective. I visit Ashville and Boone quite often, and while they both have their scenery, ambiance, small mountain flavor if you will they are both touristy and hard to find good jobs. Places like those, along with Wilmington and the Outer Banks are awesome but what makes Raleigh the better place to live (hence that ranking) is because of the schools, the Universities like Duke, UNC and NC State ( all in a 30 mile radius), hospitals, and Research Triangle Park that is home to a half dozen Fortune 100 companies which employs a ton of high end corporate jobs. AND all those places like Ashville and the Outer Banks are a couple hours drive away for weekend vacations.

Better how? It's subjective. I visit Ashville and Boone quite often, and while they both have their scenery, ambiance, small mountain flavor if you will they are both touristy and hard to find good jobs. Places like those, along with Wilmington and the Outer Banks are awesome but what makes Raleigh the better place to live (hence that ranking) is because of the schools, the Universities like Duke, UNC and NC State ( all in a 30 mile radius), hospitals, and Research Triangle Park that is home to a half dozen Fortune 100 companies which employs a ton of high end corporate jobs. AND all those places like Ashville and the Outer Banks are a couple hours drive away for weekend vacations.

Of course it is subjective. I've worked in Chapel Hill and Raleigh hospitals, have visited Boone and Asheville, and have relatives in Greensboro. So I've seen a lot of what NC has to offer. When I think about "best" I consider where I personally would want to live - not where the jobs or education are the best.

Montana - is one of the most beautiful places in the world to live. I would love to able to live there if I could. IMO The North West is the best place in the country to live.

Of the Places I have lived

Baltimore, Houston, Oyster Bay Long Island, Vegas, Lexington KY, Chicago... Lexington and Houston were the best places I lived -- I would say Vegas but if I lived there I would be as broke as GFIAFP.

Montana - is one of the most beautiful places in the world to live. I would love to able to live there if I could. IMO The North West is the best place in the country to live.

You should move to northern Idaho. Lotsa Klansmen in that area

You should move to northern Idaho. Lotsa Klansmen in that area

I disagree with you on most things here but I don't troll you from thread to thread (or anyone else) try to extend the same courtesy.

I knew that would be too much to ask for. What a truly pathetic waste of life you are.

That might sting coming from someone else, but from a self-avowed bigot? Yeah I don't think you can credibly describe anyone as a waste of life. :thumbsup:

That might sting coming from someone else, but from a self-avowed bigot? Yeah I don't think you can credibly describe anyone as a waste of life. :thumbsup:

Good to see you have picked up RP's torch as the board troll. I guess someone had to do it

Of the Places I have lived

Baltimore, Houston, Oyster Bay Long Island, Vegas, Lexington KY, Chicago... Lexington and Houston were the best places I lived -- I would say Vegas but if I lived there I would be as broke as GFIAFP.

What's keeping you from moving to Montana?

Colorado is obviously the best because I live in it!

whos got better weed ? You guys or cali ? I can attest that the cali stuff is pretty good i heard

whos got better weed ? You guys or cali ? I can attest that the cali stuff is pretty good i heard

We do by far. More of a legal market means that you need better and better quality in order to be profitable.

People from Cali come here to get the real good stuff.

Nashville rocks...but people need to quit moving here cause its going to end up all focked up.

When did Nashville become a state?

When did Nashville become a state?

Follow the conversation hawker...I know its tough when you have to do more than just search for what newbie or I have said and actually figure out context.

Colorado is obviously the best because I live in it!

Check out my phobia thread and respond please.

I got to imagine any more most states who have at least some form of legal weed all have fairly close to the same quality of weed. But considering anyone can actually legally own it in CO gives it the advantage. Plus legal access too all the edible stuff.