Sign in to follow this  
nothingman.pa

Late round TE - who you targeting?

I only ever seem to draft Jimmy Graham or the last TE off the board, and picking high this year means Graham isn't a fit but won't be there on the wrap-around.

Who you targeting as your 8th 10th or 12th TE off the board?

Rudolph is a sexy pick thanks to Norv Turner, people forget how good Pitta was before injury, and Gates isn't close to what he used to be but I actually feel like he's under-valued in some ADP.

Guy I really want as a late round pick is Ertz.

Either Pitta or Rudolph for me. None of the other TE represent any value to me over the potential wr/rb depth available.

I like the upside of Ertz. If he can show he can block he may be in for 80% of plays. I also like Olsen - only proven receiver for Cam to throw to.

• Like 1

obvious is Ladarius Green, but hes rising too much as a TE2. He should be on the field 75% of the time though

deep sleeper

Brandon Williams of the Panthers earned Pro Football Focus' highest grade among tight ends in the first week of preseason.

A former college basketball player, Williams has been an intriguing deep sleeper for awhile, particularly on a Panthers team that wants to utilize two tight ends. The 26-year-old played a whopping 58 snaps in Carolina's preseason opener, drawing elite blocking marks from PFF and producing a 3-50-1 line on six targets in the passing game. He stands 6-foot-4, 250 with 4.56 timed speed.

Interesting on Fiedorowicz. Not a name I've seen before...will do some reading.

I don't get the love on Green. Very few 2 TE tandems have ever worked, and Gates is old but he isn't dead.

I'm not local to San Diego so I don't see how Green would be on the field 75% of the time...is there a package they love where he flexes out to a slot WR?

I don't feel like there are enough passes to keep Allen, Matthews, Woodhead, Gates, Green as over-their-ADP values. You also have to account for Donald Brown, and possibly Floyd who is back from injury.

Not trying to say you are wrong...just trying to hear the other side of the argument.

Really late? How about Heath Miller? Year before last he had 800 yards and 8 TDs. Jordan Reed is a guy I'd take in the 8th or later. I expect Rudolph to bounce back. Jared Cook isn't even being drafted and he had a credible season last year.

After Graham is off the board is consider Vernon and Gronk in the 4-6 round range. After those three there is so little difference between the next 9 or so you might as well wait until the 10th round or later. The point differential between Olsen or Jordan vs whatever you can get in round 10 is minuscule.

TE is not a position I'm going to value very much this year.

After Graham is off the board is consider Vernon and Gronk in the 4-6 round range. After those three there is so little difference between the next 9 or so you might as well wait until the 10th round or later. The point differential between Olsen or Jordan vs whatever you can get in round 10 is minuscule.

This is how I feel, although I wouldn't consider Gronk in 4 or Vernon even in 6. Gronk is going way high in a lot of mock drafts - too risky for me.

Really? After Graham, then VD and Gronk? Little difference after that? What about JThomas!??!

I have the TEs a such:

1. Graham - other world like, near WR production

2. JT

3. Gronk - constant injury risk

4. VD - hold outs often get hurt

5. Witten - PPR gold

6. Cameron - like Witten (roughly 75-85-6 or 7)

7. Reed

8. Olsen

9. Pitta

10. Rudolph

11. Bennett - no one ever really mentions him

12. Clay - or him either

13. Ertz

14. Miller

15. D Walker

BTW.....Owen Daniels may bleed Pitta dry.

I'll be honest here...had no idea he signed with Baltimore for that much money. If Pitta is healthy I can see him getting cut at the end of camp to miss out on that $5.5 million dollar payday if he's on the roster since only $1mil is guaranteed.

I like Pitta waaaaay more, but this is good info for me to read up on and watch before I draft. Thanks.

• Like 1

Really? After Graham, then VD and Gronk? Little difference after that? What about JThomas!??!

I have the TEs a such:

2. JT

5. Witten - PPR gold

7. Reed

8. Olsen

9. Pitta

10. Rudolph

12. Clay - or him either

13. Ertz

14. Miller

15. D Walker

Sorry, J Thomas too. Those are the only 4 TEs I see who offer significant value over the field of TEs and 3 of them come with risk. Vernon is historically inconsistent, Gronk always gets hurt and Julius was injured a ton before last year. I'd take any of them for the right price but Graham is IMO the only one who should go in the first 3-4 rounds at least.

I don't think Witten or Cameron hold much more value than Rudolph and they're going a lot earlier so I will pass.

• Like 1

I have the TEs a such:

2. JT

5. Witten - PPR gold

7. Reed

8. Olsen

9. Pitta

10. Rudolph

12. Clay - or him either

13. Ertz

14. Miller

15. D Walker

I like this top 10. I'd be happy, I think, with anyone you took 6-10 as a late round pick in my draft. I like JT > Gronk, and I don't love anyone from 3 (based on Gronk injury factor) through 10 that much more than the other.

I'd put Ertz at 11 over Bennett, I think. I'm still very undecided. I like Clay this year if Tannehill becomes legit.

A little surprised Jared Cook doesn't enter anywhere in the list.

I'd take any of these 15 over Cook, but I have Cook at 16.

If I were to tier them:

Tier 1 - Graham

Tier 2 - Thomas, Gronk, VD

Tier 3 - Witten, Cameron, Reed, Olsen, Pitta, Rudolph

Tier 4 - Bennett, Clay, Ertz, Miller, D Walker

After that comes Cook, Gates, and L Green.

After that, to me, the rest are just FA fodder.

As for a "late round" pick, that depends on how many rounds in your draft. For some, a 15 is later round. For others, 22. Also, depends if it's a 10-teamer or 12 and if TE is required and other rule variances.

For me and most of my leagues, I'd say I have to get one of the top 10, if I can't get one of the top 4 at the right price. To do this will surely be a top 10 pick.

If you wanna go real late, I'd look for Clay or H Miller.

I like Pitta waaaaay more, but this is good info for me to read up on and watch before I draft. Thanks.

10-4

Take a look at clays production last year once he cracked the starting lineup. He is undervalued right now. I'd also monitor housler this preseason

Palmer used to love throwing to his te

Vernon Davis should regress this year with Crabtree back. In 10 team leagues you can almost stream te

Interesting on Fiedorowicz. Not a name I've seen before...will do some reading.

I don't get the love on Green. Very few 2 TE tandems have ever worked, and Gates is old but he isn't dead.

I'm not local to San Diego so I don't see how Green would be on the field 75% of the time...is there a package they love where he flexes out to a slot WR?

I don't feel like there are enough passes to keep Allen, Matthews, Woodhead, Gates, Green as over-their-ADP values. You also have to account for Donald Brown, and possibly Floyd who is back from injury.

Not trying to say you are wrong...just trying to hear the other side of the argument.

yes Green lines up almost exclusively in the slot and outside, he hardly lines up on the line. Dude is a huge mismatch, and should be no 2 in targets behind Allen. I dont count on Floyd to make it thru the year.

Chargers basic package is a 2 TE set that they can run and pass out of

yes Green lines up almost exclusively in the slot and outside, he hardly lines up on the line. Dude is a huge mismatch, and should be no 2 in targets behind Allen. I dont count on Floyd to make it thru the year.

Chargers basic package is a 2 TE set that they can run and pass out of

This is a misconception due to Greens great athletic ability. He's actually a good blocker and only left the line of scrimmage on 38% of his snaps last year(per pro football focus). Most of his receptions came from playing in line.

Clay, Olsen, Green

I don't really see Olsen as a late rd type. He's pretty much in the Rudolph, Witten, Pitta area in the 7th-8th rds. I think of late rds as 10th or later. Maybe we just have differing opinions of "late" though

I don't really see Olsen as a late rd type. He's pretty much in the Rudolph, Witten, Pitta area in the 7th-8th rds. I think of late rds as 10th or later. Maybe we just have differing opinions of "late" though

I agree I guess these are guys that will out perform their draft position.

Travis Kelce. Know his name now.

Is that Jason Kelce's brother? If so I must ask the most important question ever: How luxurious is his beard? On a scale of goatee to full-on savage Viking, how does he compare?

This is critical to my entire draft strategy.

Is that Jason Kelce's brother? If so I must ask the most important question ever: How luxurious is his beard? On a scale of goatee to full-on savage Viking, how does he compare?

This is critical to my entire draft strategy.

Dunno - but check out his 69yd TD vs. Cincy last weekend. He was walking away from a safety while sprinting towards the end zone. He was KC's 3rd round pick last year, and got derailed by a knee injury which required surgery. I don't think Fasano stands in his way.

Dunno - but check out his 69yd TD vs. Cincy last weekend. He was walking away from a safety while sprinting towards the end zone. He was KC's 3rd round pick last year, and got derailed by a knee injury which required surgery. I don't think Fasano stands in his way.

Ehhh disagree. Fasano is an excellent blocker and a capable receiver. Not an athlete but enough to make Kelce a situational player.

Ehhh disagree. Fasano is an excellent blocker and a capable receiver. Not an athlete but enough to make Kelce a situational player.

Fasano is an excellent blocker. I think you answered your own question.

I have the TEs a such:

2. JT

5. Witten - PPR gold

7. Reed

8. Olsen

9. Pitta

10. Rudolph

12. Clay - or him either

13. Ertz

14. Miller

15. D Walker

Sounds about right. The earliest I get a TE is in the 7th round. So I'll be looking at one of those guys. Always tempted on Graham, but I pass most of the time. People talking about taking him late in the 1st round in Standard. Crazy IMO. I usually stock up on 2 RB's, 3 WR's, and a QB before TE.

Like, last pick of the last round?

G Graham HOU

Lousy QBs like throwing to TEs, and Graham played well opposite Daniels (He Gone) last season.

2013, 49-515 5 TDs