Sign in to follow this  
Eaglesin14

ISIS "JVer" beheads American journalist

I agree, if we are talking about our soldiers. This guy was a reporter and knew what he was getting into.

Where have we heard that dumb bullsh!t before? :lol: :doh:

Where have we heard that dumb bullsh!t before? :lol: :doh:

If you have heard this from someone else in the past, that person is a helluva lot smarter than you.

Most of the recent presidents golfed. In good times and in bad.

Bush stopped playing golf in 2003 because he felt it sent the wrong message to be on the golf course while are troops were dying overseas.

HTH

BTW, I don't mind him going to the golf course, everyone is allowed some recreation, but going RIGHT after a press conference after condemning the beheading just shows how narcissistic he really is...

Maybe wait a couple of hours to go...

Before Katrina, I played a hundred plus rounds of golf a year. I played a round the Saturday they announced a mandatory evacuation while I was on the course. Shot a 79 on the west championship course. I knew it would probably be my last round for a year as work would and did engulf my life.

As an insurance adjuster here, I was so Fawking busy that the thought of golf was a dream in the months ahead. I worked nonstop to handle all the claims I could to help all of those in need. I played my first round ten months after and felt guilt doing it.

Imagine being an insured who's home was devastated by Katrina and I told you "Sorry I can't deal with this today. My golf game is more important right now. I'll deal with you tomorrow."

I'd be fired and hung up! A tree. This president has no feeling of what's important in these times. He's a piece of Fawking sh!t who has no understandings for this countries problems. It's all about him and his discontent for his opposistion.

I actually understand what you are saying completely.

Obviously on a smaller scale, many of us have felt guilt for taking some personal time when we know there is still way too much work to do. It happens sometimes when I leave at 5pm but know the work would be better if I stayed til 7pm. It's happened when I've left at 7pm but know I could have stayed til 11p and not got everything done. And it's happened when I golfed on a Saturday morning, yet knew I could have worked all weekend and gotten more done....Your feelings there are completely understandable.

But here is where I believe you are wrong. Or more accurately, where you are wrong to criticize an Obama or someone else. We need that personal time to maintain our sanity, recharge, and be able to do our jobs to our best capability going forward. The following is just an example, as we all know the president doesn't get a day off every week. But if you have the choice of the following, which would you prefer out of your president?:

• Week 1: Works 6 days at 100%. Takes 1 day off
  • Week 2: Works 6 days at 100%. Takes 1 day off
  • Week 3: Works 6 days at 100%. Takes 1 day off

• Week 4: Works 6 days at 100%. Takes 1 day off

OR

• Week 1: Works 7 straight days at 100%
  • Week 2: Works 7 straight days at 90%
  • Week 3: Works 7 straight days at 80%

• Week 4: Works 7 straight days at 70%

• and so on for 8 straight years.

Obviously that's an oversimplified example. But most people need time to recharge. If you worked 10 straight months without decompressing, then I admire your spirit. But I also have a difficult time imagining that the quality of your work in month 8 was as high as it was in month 1.......As for it being golf, I roll my eyes and find it hilarious that "golf" is always a hot button. Whether that be websites tracking how many rounds each president plays, or Dallas Cowboys fans claiming Tony Romo isn't taking his QB duties seriously enough because he plays too much golf. It's ridiculous. To me, golf = seeing a movie = watching a basketball game = seeing a concert. People need downtime to keep going in an efficient manner. And this is even more critical when your clear headed decisions directly impact the lives of millions/billions, as is the case when you are the Leader of the Free World.

Bush stopped playing golf in 2003 because he felt it sent the wrong message to be on the golf course while are troops were dying overseas.

HTH

He shouldn't have sent them to die in the 1st place.

HTH

HTH

I applaud George Bush doing this. But I also know it was 100% window dressing. I suspect you know that as well.

The reason I applaud the 100% window dressing is because I know window dressing is required to quiet down the simpletons. If they can be quieted without actually harming anything, it's a good move......But if someone doesn't want to deprive themselves of something that makes them happy, because they know it would be 100% window dressing, then I take no issue with that.

I applaud George Bush doing this. But I also know it was 100% window dressing. I suspect you know that as well.

The reason I applaud the 100% window dressing is because I know window dressing is required to quiet down the simpletons. If they can be quieted without actually harming anything, it's a good move......But if someone doesn't want to deprive themselves of something that makes them happy, because they know it would be 100% window dressing, then I take no issue with that.

I made no judgement on the merit of stopping, I just corrected Sho Nuff's misinformation.

BTW, I don't mind him going to the golf course, everyone is allowed some recreation, but going RIGHT after a press conference after condemning the beheading just shows how narcissistic he really is...

Talk about nitpicky crap.

The few hours really matter?

So a President, who is "on vacation" (in quotes because Presidential vacations are not like yours or mine), played golf right after giving a statement.

Same president who actually sent troops to try and get this guy.

Im not surprised that nitpicky people on the right that already don't like him would complain.

Just painfully stupid divisive politics as usual (same for those who criticized Bush and others for ever taking any "down time").

These guys can't be "on" all the time working. Nor would I want them to be.

So a President, who is "on vacation" (in quotes because Presidential vacations are not like yours or mine), played golf right after giving a statement.

Same president who actually sent troops to try and get this guy.

Im not surprised that nitpicky people on the right that already don't like him would complain.

Just painfully stupid divisive politics as usual (same for those who criticized Bush and others for ever taking any "down time").

These guys can't be "on" all the time working. Nor would I want them to be.

Keep the good fight.

I agree, if we are talking about our soldiers. This guy was a reporter and knew what he was getting into. Putting numerous soldier's lives at risk to get him out is dumb, IMO.

I feel bad for him and his family. He in no way deserved what he got from these animals, but that was a risk he was willing to take for a paycheck.

If we send in troops to get him out and some get killed in the process it gives the animals more incentive to take another reporter. Do nothing and the incentive lessens. The only incentive is shock value of a youtube beheading.

Fair points. I still don't fault the Prez though. People do stupid stuff all of the time which puts emergency responders at risk. It's part of the job. :dunno:

Fair points. I still don't fault the Prez though. People do stupid stuff all of the time which puts emergency responders at risk. It's part of the job. :dunno:

No doubt if Obummer did nothing Recliner Geagles would be whining about that too. :dunno:

Apples and oranges. You are correct on the emergency responder thing.....it is their job.

However, the job of the military is to protect the country. It isn't their job to rescue someone who chooses a job that gets them in a bad situation overseas.

RMFF! :overhead:

Didn't even mention you.

Guess we can close the book on whether you're RP and Eagles... d'oh! :lol:

ETA: Just realized you've been posting under 2 handles and talking to yourself. You should seriously just end it all bud. :(

Maybe since you're an expert on this important subject, you could advise me on how long I have to cuddle with a chick after the sex before I can get up and go home.

Maybe since you're an expert on this important subject, you could advise me on how long I have to cuddle with a chick after the sex before I can get up and go home.

3 seconds is a good rule of thumb. :thumbsup:

:cry: :rolleyes:

Yeah...its only about him and his discontent...never works the other way right?

BTW...what does any of this have to do with a president playing golf?

"Now watch this drive".

Which is the point...posty does not give a rat's behind about it other than it being Obama playing golf.

Seems the right (and mostly hacks on websites like this) are very hung up on this president's golf game when it never mattered before. Most of the recent presidents golfed. In good times and in bad. And if you think they are quietly relaxing on a golf course like you or I would...you are a moron.

Shocker. And not the kind I gave the wifey last night.

3 seconds is a good rule of thumb. :thumbsup:

I wait til the corpse is room temperature.

Pretty much depends on how long you paid for, Frankie.

I actually understand what you are saying completely.

Obviously on a smaller scale, many of us have felt guilt for taking some personal time when we know there is still way too much work to do. It happens sometimes when I leave at 5pm but know the work would be better if I stayed til 7pm. It's happened when I've left at 7pm but know I could have stayed til 11p and not got everything done. And it's happened when I golfed on a Saturday morning, yet knew I could have worked all weekend and gotten more done....Your feelings there are completely understandable.

But here is where I believe you are wrong. Or more accurately, where you are wrong to criticize an Obama or someone else. We need that personal time to maintain our sanity, recharge, and be able to do our jobs to our best capability going forward. The following is just an example, as we all know the president doesn't get a day off every week. But if you have the choice of the following, which would you prefer out of your president?:

• Week 1: Works 6 days at 100%. Takes 1 day off
  • Week 2: Works 6 days at 100%. Takes 1 day off
  • Week 3: Works 6 days at 100%. Takes 1 day off

• Week 4: Works 6 days at 100%. Takes 1 day off

OR

• Week 1: Works 7 straight days at 100%
  • Week 2: Works 7 straight days at 90%
  • Week 3: Works 7 straight days at 80%

• Week 4: Works 7 straight days at 70%

• and so on for 8 straight years.

Obviously that's an oversimplified example. But most people need time to recharge. If you worked 10 straight months without decompressing, then I admire your spirit. But I also have a difficult time imagining that the quality of your work in month 8 was as high as it was in month 1.......As for it being golf, I roll my eyes and find it hilarious that "golf" is always a hot button. Whether that be websites tracking how many rounds each president plays, or Dallas Cowboys fans claiming Tony Romo isn't taking his QB duties seriously enough because he plays too much golf. It's ridiculous. To me, golf = seeing a movie = watching a basketball game = seeing a concert. People need downtime to keep going in an efficient manner. And this is even more critical when your clear headed decisions directly impact the lives of millions/billions, as is the case when you are the Leader of the Free World.

I love playing golf and understand the want and need to get out and play. But sometimes, my example, you have to make a choice between the two. Everyone would rather be doing something other than work most days. What's the old saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day of work"? And have you seen Obama's golf swing? I've changed diapers that look better than it. He's not tearing the place up.

I've got friends who are owners of busnisses. There's been times when they hide their clubs or tell their secretary to let everyone know there is a family emergency and then go sneak out to play golf instead of working on a big project that everyone else in the company is working their ass off on, They know they shouldn't be golfing. Obama shouldn't be playing this much golf and he knows it. And he doesn't care. That's what rubs people the wrong way.

You think Clinton would have done what he did yesterday? Hell no. Clinton cared about his image, approval ratings, and legacy.

Shocker. And not the kind I gave the wifey last night.

Shocking that I understand how it works in DC and with people who are so blinded by one party they can't see it?

Not really that shocking..Ive understood this for a while.

While others like to cry as if its all Obama or Democrats.

I love playing golf and understand the want and need to get out and play. But sometimes, my example, you have to make a choice between the two. Everyone would rather be doing something other than work most days. What's the old saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day of work"? And have you seen Obama's golf swing? I've changed diapers that look better than it. He's not tearing the place up.

I've got friends who are owners of busnisses. There's been times when they hide their clubs or tell their secretary to let everyone know there is a family emergency and then go sneak out to play golf instead of working on a big project that everyone else in the company is working their ass off on, They know they shouldn't be golfing. Obama shouldn't be playing this much golf and he knows it. And he doesn't care. That's what rubs people the wrong way.

You think Clinton would have done what he did yesterday? Hell no. Clinton cared about his image, approval ratings, and legacy.

What rubs people the wrong way is that he is a democrat and he pushes policies that they don't like.

Yeah...Clinton never played golf.

I bet every time he did play was only when things were great right?

Please...every president has "down" time like this...even during crap like Ferguson and a reporter getting killed abroad...\

It is just that crap has become so divided (probably part way through Clinton, all the way through Bush and now Obama) that the two sides (both in and out of Washington) have nothing but contempt for each other.

Obummer shouldn't play golf until he wins the war Bush lost.

What rubs people the wrong way is that he is a democrat and he pushes policies that they don't like.

Yeah...Clinton never played golf.

I bet every time he did play was only when things were great right?

Please...every president has "down" time like this...even during crap like Ferguson and a reporter getting killed abroad...\

It is just that crap has become so divided (probably part way through Clinton, all the way through Bush and now Obama) that the two sides (both in and out of Washington) have nothing but contempt for each other.

And that's where you are wrong. I'd have a problem with any president on either side doing what he did yesterday. And I don't care if it's four hours of jet sking or knitting. Get your ass to work. You've got plenty of time for whatever when you're out of office.

I never said Clinton never played golf. I said Clinton wouldn't have had a presser about a beheaded US citizen at the hands of terrorists and thirty minutes later was yelling fore on the first tee. For all of Clintons faults and his ego, he knew how to play the game. Clinton understood it and that is why his approval numbers were so high even though he was being impeached. Obama doesn't. And that's why his numbers are so low. He either doesn't get it or doesn't care.

And that's where you are wrong. I'd have a problem with any president on either side doing what he did yesterday. And I don't care if it's four hours of jet sking or knitting. Get your ass to work. You've got plenty of time for whatever when you're out of office.

I never said Clinton never played golf. I said Clinton wouldn't have had a presser about a beheaded US citizen at the hands of terrorists and thirty minutes later was yelling fore on the first tee. For all of Clintons faults and his ego, he knew how to play the game. Clinton understood it and that is why his approval numbers were so high even though he was being impeached. Obama doesn't. And that's why his numbers are so low. He either doesn't get it or doesn't care.

So...they should never have an "off day". Which consists probably of about 5 hours of not listening to a briefing or being called by someone?

Sorry...that would make for a very focked up in the head president. Id rather have mine being more clear headed and able to have some "down time" from time to time.

I don't give a rat's ass if that time comes 30 seconds after reading a prepared statement about someone who was killed overseas.

RMFF! :overhead:

what does this mean?

Acronym Definition RMFF Real Media File Format RMFF Rate Monotonic First Fit

i don't know the twitter language of the kids apparently.

Cuddling, not the sex act itself.

HTH

:lol:

So...they should never have an "off day". Which consists probably of about 5 hours of not listening to a briefing or being called by someone?

Sorry...that would make for a very focked up in the head president. Id rather have mine being more clear headed and able to have some "down time" from time to time.

I don't give a rat's ass if that time comes 30 seconds after reading a prepared statement about someone who was killed overseas.

Of course you don't. You and Barry are a lot alike. You don't care what other people think.

Of course you don't. You and Barry are a lot alike. You don't care what other people think.

The optics of a situation is too nuanced for Sho Nuff to comprehend.

I don't nit pick things that are completely unimportant simply because the guy is a democrat.

And you are right. I don't care what people on the internet think of me.