Sign in to follow this  
Eaglesin14

ISIS "JVer" beheads American journalist

Serious question. What's a president to do? Iraq's president didn't, wouldn't allow us to stay. The Iraqi people wanted us gone. Do we stay against their will? Do we become occupiers? Do we conquer and keep the country?

All these SOFA arguments don't hold weight if the foreign country won't agree to one. So what does the US do? Just say fock it and violate a sovereign countries wishes? I think we were focked one way or the other once we got involved.....again.

And Bush didn't use the Iraqis violating UN sanctions as a reason to invade, instead he decided to lie and deceive about WMD. He should've just came out and said we're invading Iraq for x amount of post war UN violations since we're going to be in Afghanistan and that region anyway.

Serious question. What's a president to do? Iraq's president didn't, wouldn't allow us to stay. The Iraqi people wanted us gone. Do we stay against their will? Do we become occupiers? Do we conquer and keep the country?

All these SOFA arguments don't hold weight if the foreign country won't agree to one. So what does the US do? Just say fock it and violate a sovereign countries wishes? I think we were focked one way or the other once we got involved.....again.

And Bush didn't use the Iraqis violating UN sanctions as a reason to invade, instead he decided to lie and deceive about WMD. He should've just came out and said we're invading Iraq for x amount of post war UN violations since we're going to be in Afghanistan and that region anyway.

The Iraqis didn't want us to leave, talk to anyone who has been there and they'll tell you.

The SOFA wasn't a priority because we finished construction at Djibouti and we had an election.

As for the WMDs, I have no idea

The problem with Iraq, in which I've posted a hundred times, was that you never just take over a country then leave. It's not the way it works, once you're there, you're there. That's why we still have based in the west, bases in Germany, bases in Japan...

The problem was the politicians thought they were smarter than the generals who are trained on this. That's why there is such animosity towards the politicians, you have someone like Biden trying to tell patreaus how COIN works, the guy literally wrote the book on it, I'd take his word over a politician every day of the week.

Our troops are not constant sitting targets in Germany and Japan. And those countries are not constantly on the brink of a civil war that would keep drawing us back in militarily.

The failure in Iraq was going there in the first place. Cutting our losses became an inevitability at that time.

The Iraqis didn't want us to leave, talk to anyone who has been there and they'll tell you.

The SOFA wasn't a priority because we finished construction at Djibouti and we had an election.

As for the WMDs, I have no idea

Seems like they want us there to fight for them, but leave when they think it's under control. The US is not a occupier. We helped them for 12 years. It's time for them to put on their big girl panties and fight for their countries own survival. Fock them.

Seems like they want us there to fight for them, but leave when they think it's under control. The US is not a occupier. We helped them for 12 years. It's time for them to put on their big girl panties and fight for their countries own survival. Fock them.

The tricky part is that we put them in this situation. It isn't like Bosnia that fell apart because Tito died. Saddam was a piece of , but he kept all that in check. Once we decided to get him, that was when we had to take over.

The tricky part is that we put them in this situation. It isn't like Bosnia that fell apart because Tito died. Saddam was a piece of ######, but he kept all that in check. Once we decided to get him, that was when we had to take over.

I don't disagree, but like I said. What do you do? We can't stay and fight forever. We can't stay and hold their hand year after year, decade after decade. We made our share of fock ups over their, both presidents, but we are stuck now because of one president. We are stuck because of the lack of leadership in the iraqi government.

I don't disagree, but like I said. What do you do? We can't stay and fight forever. We can't stay and hold their hand year after year, decade after decade. We made our share of fock ups over their, both presidents, but we are stuck now because of one president. We are stuck because of the lack of leadership in the iraqi government.

Hard part is they're very tribal over there, concept of one leader is tough to pull off. Just the concept of voting is hard for them to understand. We have out problems with the process and we've been at it for 230 years, they've only had 12.

We've all seen the videos of their military, they can barely do jumping jacks, how do you expect them to be able to clear a building? Lot more coordination needed there than a jumping jack.

Even with 10 years of hindsight Republicans can't admit that the Iraq War was a mistake from the beginning. :doh:

Even with 10 years of hindsight Republicans can't admit that the Iraq War was a mistake from the beginning. :doh:

It was a mistake, but just like a kid, you have to be there, can't adbandon it.

They did admit it for a while but it seems that now they think they can hang it on Obummer somehow

Hard part is they're very tribal over there, concept of one leader is tough to pull off. Just the concept of voting is hard for them to understand. We have out problems with the process and we've been at it for 230 years, they've only had 12.

We've all seen the videos of their military, they can barely do jumping jacks, how do you expect them to be able to clear a building? Lot more coordination needed there than a jumping jack.

Grown men not being able to do jumping jacks is not our concern. If they can't mobilize and put up a combat ready force in 12 years, then that's their problem. I had 8 weeks of boot camp and 4 months of A school to be a medic....with continuing training my entire time in. I was expected to fight or be combat ready with 6 months of training. It can be done.

It was a mistake, but just like a kid, you have to be there, can't adbandon it.

I'd have agreed with you maybe 5 years ago? Today it is apparent that we are unable to secure that country, at least at an expense we're willing to endure. It's time to cut our losses and get out. Hell, it's been time to get out for years.

I'd have agreed with you maybe 5 years ago? Today it is apparent that we are unable to secure that country, at least at an expense we're willing to endure. It's time to cut our losses and get out. Hell, it's been time to get out for years.

Problem is that the marine three star, can't remember his name right now, was centcom commander at the invasion, told Washington the deal. Politicians didnt believe him and its unfolding the exact way that numerous generals told them it was.

Politicians didnt listen, whether it be from ignorance, arrogance, or whatever.

Can't unring that bell, once you decide to go in, you're in.

6 years into Obama's presidency and Dems still claim nothing that happens on his watch is his responsibility.

I blame him for continuing the failed war your hero lied is into. :dunno:

6 years into Obama's presidency and Dems still claim nothing that happens on his watch is his responsibility.

I'd like to know what he should do?

1. Maliki wouldn't do a SOFA.

2. Obummer followed the initial withdrawal date.

3. Obummer did a troop surge.

4. Obummer continued the war longer then he initially said he would.

5. He didn't close gitmo.

Seems like he was an extension of the last president. Not sure what more he supposed to do besides sending troops back.

Problem is that the marine three star, can't remember his name right now, was centcom commander at the invasion, told Washington the deal. Politicians didnt believe him and its unfolding the exact way that numerous generals told them it was.

Politicians didnt listen, whether it be from ignorance, arrogance, or whatever.

Can't unring that bell, once you decide to go in, you're in.

I get what you're saying but at some point the cost / benefit analysis has to come into play. We are down upwards of a trillion dollars, likely much more than that, with thousands of US troops killed or maimed, with no tangible benefit at all to this war. If we left tomorrow the outcome would be the same as if we stayed for another 12 years.

At some point you've got to say enough is enough. It was the wrong war executed poorly. Why keep putting good resources behind bad?

The problem with Islam is similar with the problem I have with Palestine.

If the Palestinians dropped their weapons right now there would be peace in that region. If Isreal dropped their weapons, all of Isreal would be dead. There are four outcomes in a confilct:

1. You win, I lose

2. I win, you lose

3. We both give something and both somewhat win

4. We both lose. (whats going on now)

Palestine only wants number two and will settle for number 4 forever if need be. Isreal is at least willing to do number 3.

Is the same with the religion of Islam in the 21st Century. Christians, Jews, Hindu's etc. all can come off as kooky to the non-believers of said religion, and they are taught to spread the word or witness to others. And I'm sure there are mentions in the actual text of their books about violence. However Islam itself, not just the radicals even though they take it to the nth degree, is teachings are more violent and open ended, more radical, more hardline. The radicals are crazier and there are more of them. They will not stop until their mission is accomplished. Only number 2 above is an option.

I can't support people like that. I can't even stomach them.

This guy's hobby is impressive. Geolocating the James Foley video

He watches all videos he can from militants and bystanders and pieces things together.

New York Times war reporter CJ Chivers said that fellow journalists should be more honest about the debt they owe to Higgins' Brown Moses blog. "Many people, whether they admit or not, have been relying on that blog's daily labour to cull the uncountable videos that circulate from the conflict," he said.

WASHINGTON President Obama has authorized surveillance flights over Syria, a precursor to potential airstrikes there, but a mounting concern for the White House is how to target the Sunni extremists without helping President Bashar al-Assad.

Defense officials said Monday evening that the Pentagon was sending in manned and unmanned reconnaissance flights over Syria, using a combination of aircraft, including drones and possibly U2 spy planes. Mr. Obama approved the flights over the weekend, a senior administration official said.

The flights are a significant step toward direct American military action in Syria, an intervention that could alter the battlefield in the nations three-year civil war.

Administration officials said the United States did not intend to notify the Assad government of the planned flights. Mr. Obama, who has repeatedly called for the ouster of Mr. Assad, is loath to be seen as aiding the Syrian government, even inadvertently.

As a result the Pentagon is drafting military options that would strike the militant Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, near the largely erased border between those two nations, as opposed to more deeply inside Syria. The administration is also moving to bolster American support for the moderate Syrian rebels who view Mr. Assad as their main foe.

Obama is finally growing a pair. Nice to see, whish it would have been sooner, but better late than never.

Obama is finally growing a pair. Nice to see, whish it would have been sooner, but better late than never.

You mean like when he sent troops in to try and get Foley?

Or did that not count?

You mean like when he sent troops in to try and get Foley?

Or did that not count?

All I said is he's finally growing a pair. The attempt to get Foley is part of it. Boy you seem bitter. :dunno:

All I said is he's finally growing a pair. The attempt to get Foley is part of it. Boy you seem bitter. :dunno:

Nah...but Obama has never really been shy about sending unmanned drones out to blow stuff up.

Relax folks, captain great foreign policy has no strategy.

We are in good hands.

Good job

We are in good hands.

Good job

Gotta agree. It's pretty focking sad they have no strategy, then in the next breath he says his primary goal is to protect Americans home and abroad. How can they not have a plan after months of isis terror over there? Just dumb.

We are in good hands.

Good job

Phew, can't wait to see how they spin this and blame Bush...

I for one see zero connection between Bush and the Iraq War.

6 years in and he is still clueless.

Longer than that... He was clueless as a Senator also...

Even though they formed in Libya and Syria, they are now in Iraq so clearly it is Bush's fault.

The British press seems to be avoiding the images of the British hostage claimed to be next. Sotloff being held by the collar was prominently shown when Foley was murdered, but they're either not showing the Brit hostage (dominant approach) or blurring his face. I'm not bothered by that as an American (our press was fine with showing Sotloff). It's just an interesting approach. Maybe they're sensitive to incentivizing his killing.

Pretty strange these military parents dont get the same media exposure as a loon like cindy sheehan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740184/You-not-job-Parents-SEAL-Team-Six-soldier-killed-action-call-President-Obama-s-resignation.html

FULL LETTER FROM BILLY AND KAREN VAUGHN

After finally choosing to view the barbaric, on-camera beheading by ISIS of freelance war correspondent James Foley, I have been left with a level of rage known only to those of us who have sacrificed unspeakable offerings on the altar of world peace.

My offering was my only son — Aaron Carson Vaughn. Aaron was a member of SEAL Team VI. He was killed in action when a CH47D Chinook, carrying thirty Americans and eight Afghans was shot down in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan on Aug. 6, 2011.

Many times over the past three years, I have been asked what drove my son to choose his particular career. What made him want to be a Navy SEAL? My answer is simple.

Aaron Vaughn was a man who possessed the courage to acknowledge evil. And evil, once truly acknowledged, demands response. Perhaps this is why so few are willing to look it in the eye. It is much simpler — much safer — to look the other way.

That is, unless you are the leader of the Free World.

As Commander-in-Chief, your actions — or lack thereof — Mr. President, cost lives. As you bumble about in your golf cart, slapping on a happy face and fist-pounding your buddies, your cowardly lack of leadership has left a gaping hole — not only in America’s security — but the security of the entire globe. Your message has come across loud and clear, sir: You are not up to this job. You know it. We know it. The world knows it.

Please vacate the people’s house and allow a man or woman of courage and substance to seize the reigns of this out-of-control thug-fest and regain the balance we, America, have provided throughout our great history.

Thanks to your “leadership” from whatever multi-million dollar vacation you happen to be on at any given moment, the world is in chaos. What’s been gained, you’ve lost. What’s been lost, you’ve decimated. You’ve demolished our ability to hold the trust of allies. You’ve made a mockery of the title “President.” And you’ve betrayed the nation for which my son and over 1.3 million others have sacrificed their very lives.

But this should come as no surprise, since your wife uttered a vile statement on Feb. 18, 2008, during the primary campaign — one that speaks volumes of your true convictions. “For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country,” she said.

I am sure my deceased son thanks you for that, Mrs. Obama. Oh, and you’re welcome.

Never in my lifetime have I witnessed such despair and such growing fear that the world’s last best hope, America, has finally been dismantled. Perhaps the better word is transformed — fundamentally transformed. Come to think of it, it’s become difficult — if not impossible — to believe things haven’t gone exactly as you planned, Mr. President.

Amazingly, in five short years, your administration has lurched from one disaster to another. You spearheaded the ambitious rush to end the wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan — with no plan on how to do so effectively. Also, the release of “the Taliban five” in exchange for one American — without consulting Congress — is also on your shoulders.

You have been at the helm during unprecedented national security leaks — including, but not limited to the outing of SEAL Team VI on the Bin laden raid, the outing of the Pakistani doctor who provided the intelligence for that raid, the outing of Afghanistan’s CIA station chief, and the outing of your personal “kill list” to make you look tough. In addition, 75 percent of American deaths in Afghanistan and 83 percent of Americans-wounded-in-action have occurred on your watch, according to icasualties.org.

And now, we have this recent, heinous event: the beheading of an American citizen by a barbaric organization you foolishly referred to as “the JV team” in your statements to the New Yorker magazine in January.

You, sir, are the JV team. It’s time for you to step down and allow a true leader to restore our honor and protect our sons and daughters.

America has always been exceptional. And she will be again. You, Mr. President, are a bump in our road.

Reprinted with family's permission

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740184/You-not-job-Parents-SEAL-Team-Six-soldier-killed-action-call-President-Obama-s-resignation.html#ixzz3CDgCHiBO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Obummer is doing well to keep the fock out as much as he is.

My biggest worry is that after Obummer is gone, Hillary and the GOP seem to have the same foreign policy instincts as the Bushtards. and soon we'll be knee deep in policing Islamic toilets again. There is some hope. I don't fully understand and I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it was the flaming Bushtards in Congress who had been screaming constantly for intervention in Syria that changed course at the last minute and do the right thing, saving Obummer him from going into Syria after Assad used the chemical weapons.

So I have no idea if that's a hopeful sign or not.

I suspect we'll only be able to ignore these Islamic sh*tholes for another two years before the obsessive nation builders take over the government and start sending young Americans soldiers to their death again.

In a span of 6 hours Obama went from telling the world we would "destroy ISIS" to telling them we would make it a "manageable situation".

What a clueless idiot.