Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Steve Smith Sr

I took a flyer on him late..... From what I read and how they want to use him, I think he could be pretty decent in PPR. Am I off base ?

I took him too as a 4WR. If he does well you can slide him in as a 3WR, I don't think he is any better than that, but if your league starts 3 as most do, it's kind of hard to find a 3rd one unless you go WR heavy, in which case you're usually weak in some other position.

He should still have something left in the tank. I really don't think he's a bad pick. Where you get him, you can just cut him if another WR heats up early in the season. But if it pans out he's maybe a 1k 8 TD type, maybe a little more than that. Of course if he doesn't, he's useless, something like 600 yards and 4TDs which anyone else off the waiver wire can replicate.

I took a flyer on him late..... From what I read and how they want to use him, I think he could be pretty decent in PPR. Am I off base ?

See him no better then a number 4 WR

Not a fan of Smith. I think you are better off drafting a guy who has great upside while Smith seems likely to provide consistent WR4 stats.

Not a fan of Smith. I think you are better off drafting a guy who has great upside while Smith seems likely to provide consistent WR4 stats.

WR is probably the big waiver wire position the first few weeks of the season. Probably just cut Smith for someone that emerges. Although you could just end up with Ogletree.

I took him too as a 4WR. If he does well you can slide him in as a 3WR, I don't think he is any better than that, but if your league starts 3 as most do, it's kind of hard to find a 3rd one unless you go WR heavy, in which case you're usually weak in some other position.

He should still have something left in the tank. I really don't think he's a bad pick. Where you get him, you can just cut him if another WR heats up early in the season. But if it pans out he's maybe a 1k 8 TD type, maybe a little more than that. Of course if he doesn't, he's useless, something like 600 yards and 4TDs which anyone else off the waiver wire can replicate.

He hasn't had 8 TD's since 2006, only 4 each of the last 2 years. I see 1000/5 as pretty much best case scenario.

He's going to stretch the field for Smith Jr!

I got him late... Hoping for a good bye week fill in. Bolden did well in that offense and now they will be throwing more. I am optimistic

i think he is gonna surprise a lot of people. It appears that he is Flacco's go-to guy, and is highly motivated. A steal at his ADP.

Only 1 week, and I didn't start him but, 15 targets and a vintage performance. What do you guys think, start bumping him up?

I might start him over Maclin or Colston going forward. Definitely considering it over Colston.

Uhmmmmm, he might be worth starting here and there.... :huh:

It's not even that Torrey is bad, it's just that smitty is so much better and gets open. His hands are better, he's tougher, better route runner, everything. Smitty is so far and away the better option here as an upside wr3 it's not even close. Torrey just runs straight and I'm not even sure he's that great at doing it. I'm cutting Torrey in a couple leagues as soon as someone decent is available. It's all about opportunity. Torrey is a nice player but smith sr is just a better option, flacco would be silly to go to anyone else.

I think Steve Smith is a WR2 easy now, maybe even low end WR1. I think maybe Cam Newton just isn't as good as we thought.

They have him a few deep balls and some end zone shots.. I had him targeted and got him I think the 11 th round.. I was stoked

They have him a few deep balls and some end zone shots.. I had him targeted and got him I think the 11 th round.. I was stoked

Why are you still here? You wrote your goodbye letter already.

But yeah, I don't remember what round I got him in, but I got him in every league and was cautiously hoping for something like this. The guy is still a great talent, keeps himself in excellent shape, and is extremely skilled. Sure speed goes, but the route running, hands and the other WR skills don't really ever go.

Wow I'm surprised how good old man Smith still looks. I guess Cam Newton was sucking the life out of him in Carolina - looks like a new man now in Baltimore

I think Steve Smith is a WR2 easy now, maybe even low end WR1. I think maybe Cam Newton just isn't as good as we thought.

Nah that's too generous since it's not a high volume wr offense. He's a great 3 tho or a bye week 2. He's a qbs best friend really, hasn't lost much besides a step of speed. His toughness makes up for it like when he destroyed the defender for the long TD in week 1.

Seems like Smith Sr. is playing the Andre Johnson/Pierre Garcon role in the Kubiak O, not Torrey. Other than drawing that PI in the endzone Torrey was the man who wasn't there tonight. Disturbing for his owners.

• Like 1

By the way Smith Sr totally grabbed Pacman's face mask and pulled him down on that 80 yd TD from week 1

I read that but didn't see it, but those are the things that make Steve Smith Sr. so badass. He's like 5'8 but he runs around beating the snot out of 6'+ world class athletes. It actually honestly cracks me up every time I hear people are intimidated by Steve Smith.

Has nothing to do with Cam's ability. Torrey is good enough that teams lean coverage toward him which is dangerous against a veteran receiver who was once one of the 3 most feared players in the league.

Smith is looking like this year's Anquan Boldin. Talented veteran with something to prove on a playoff team.

1100 yards and 8 td's wouldn't shock me. Neither would 800 and 4.

As of now he's looking like a smart pick at his ADP.

Has nothing to do with Cam's ability. Torrey is good enough that teams lean coverage toward him which is dangerous against a veteran receiver who was once one of the 3 most feared players in the league.

Smith is looking like this year's Anquan Boldin. Talented veteran with something to prove on a playoff team.

1100 yards and 8 td's wouldn't shock me. Neither would 800 and 4.

As of now he's looking like a smart pick at his ADP.

I doubt it's all about Torrey. He's a decent receiver but you don't have to focus your whole game plan around stopping him

I doubt it's all about Torrey. He's a decent receiver but you don't have to focus your whole game plan around stopping him

I agree with this. He had some nice points but Torrey is not a guy you fear. He's just a guy that you try to stop cuz he's the closest thing to an explosive threat.

Steve Smith has ADP star written all over him this year. Drafted as an afterthought by most, he is going to be a must start going forward. Flacco seems to love him!

Smith went from 554/2 in 2010 to 1394/7 in 2011 in Cam's rookie year.

Steve Smith has ADP star written all over him this year. Drafted as an afterthought by most, he is going to be a must start going forward. Flacco seems to love him!

tough vet presence, ala Boldin ... Flacco knows where his bread is buttered :music_guitarred:

looking to be a complete steal, as per ADP ... good on y'all who snagged him :thumbsup:

tough vet presence, ala Boldin ... Flacco knows where his bread is buttered :music_guitarred:

looking to be a complete steal, as per ADP ... good on y'all who snagged him :thumbsup:

I love Steve, always have. He plays the game for the right reasons. Good guy. Unfortuneatly, I did not draft him this year...doh

I agree with this. He had some nice points but Torrey is not a guy you fear. He's just a guy that you try to stop cuz he's the closest thing to an explosive threat.

You misread. I said that Torrey is good enough for the D to focus on him by which I meant he is their best receiver.

If someone's getting doubled it's probably him. Teams play 2 or 3 deep zones in anticipation of the go route.

Steve is smart enough to find the gaps in the zone for firstdowns and talented enough to beat single coverage.

On top of that sometimes he likes to catch it, then throw some poor CB to the ground like a bag of ice, then run for sixty. Because he's a bad man :bandana:

Good things in store for Sr.

He hasn't had 8 TD's since 2006, only 4 each of the last 2 years. I see 1000/5 as pretty much best case scenario.

He did exceed my expectations but I guess I wasn't that far off. Although he certainly probably didn't help many people win championships with his weeks 15 and 16 performances.

Helped me first half year. Cut him when I saw his decline long before playoffs.

Yeah he was good for the first half, but he was done after that. The Panthers cut him a half season too early, which actually didn't mean much since the Panthers weren't exactly a great team either. Still, with the weak NFCS, they get playoff experience without Smitty and it's Newton's opportunity to lead. It worked out for both parties.

Smith might have enough left if the Ravens get really lucky for a playoff run like Boldin a few years ago. But I don't see that happening this year. The Pats and Broncos should both be able to make short work of everyone else in the AFC.