Sign in to follow this  
J-Money

Anyone watching Pregame? Gordon and welker potentially available?

How does that work if everyone bids all $100 on him? ro-sham-bo?

theres a waiver priority for ties based on who had the last pick in the draft, then reverse order of the standings every week after the 1st.

Appearing on NBC's NFL Kickoff 2014, Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reported Josh Gordon and Wes Welker's suspensions could be reduced or "go away completely" if the NFL and NFLPA agree on a new drug policy.

-Rotoworld

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone other than your players?

He is my player now moron just picked him up if you read full thread. BTW who heck are you?

He is my player now moron just picked him up if you read full thread. BTW who heck are you?

No respect for the icons here. Must be some young whipper snapper.

This is a change in the rules that will be bargained by the NFL and NFLPA. If they want it to be retroactive, they can make it retroactive. The NFL is probably doing this to try and save face after suspending a wife beater 2 games and a secondhand marijuana smoker 16 games. They also get the benefit of stricter HGH testing out of it.

• Like 1

I'd have to drop Cordarelle Patterson in a 2 WR 1 FLEX league, have Megatron, Julio, and Alshon already, should I do it!?

I'd have to drop Cordarelle Patterson in a 2 WR 1 FLEX league, have Megatron, Julio, and Alshon already, should I do it!?

Drop a kicker and start working trades

Drop a kicker and start working trades

Only 4 total WRs allowed! I feel like I'd only start a healthy Gordon over the top 2 of Megatron, Julio, or Alshon.

Yuk. My main league is limited to 10 moves for the year ... do I potentially waste two of them for Gordon (the add then the drop if things don't work out)? Then do drop DeAndre Hopkins or DeAngelo Williams ...

Oh the hell with it ... dropped Hopkins for Gordon. Not going to win my league by letting someone else pick up a Top 5 WR.

Only 4 total WRs allowed! I feel like I'd only start a healthy Gordon over the top 2 of Megatron, Julio, or Alshon.

Could you work a trade real quick and get the commish to push it thru quick? Alshon and a running back for a better rb and lesser whatever?

Edited cuz I am drunk and realized u got Patterson and were gonna drop him... I stick by my statement tho. Alshon and blah for ball, foster, whatever rb you like that you can get. Or Patterson for rice straight up?

Could you work a trade real quick and get the commish to push it thru quick? Alshon and a running back for a better rb and lesser whatever?

Edited cuz I am drunk and realized u got Patterson and were gonna drop him... I stick by my statement tho. Alshon and blah for ball, foster, whatever rb you like that you can get. Patterson for rice straight up?

The point is that nobody else in my league is plugged-in to the goings on of the nfl, this would surely alert them.

Damn, that's tough... You are set at starters AND backups. One could be good and potentially beat you if Gordon doesn't play. I would stay pat until there's something more solid

Roster limits on RB and WR already reached, Rice wouldn't help I got McCoy, Ball, Ellington, and Gerhart. It's my first 8-team league I need to swing for the fences which is why I'm considering making the move. Harvin was just dropped yesterday too as a possible refund if I need to release Gordon and nobody has jumped on Harvin by then. I want to put a stranglehold on this league lol.

I have no roster space for Gordon. Just made room for welker when one guy in my 12 teamer dropped him. Don't have any room for Gordon especially since I don't even know if he will play. Right now he's banned for the year and I don't see that changing

I have no roster space for Gordon. Just made room for welker when one guy in my 12 teamer dropped him. Don't have any room for Gordon especially since I don't even know if he will play. Right now he's banned for the year and I don't see that changing

I'd drop cooks

I just picked up Gordon off waivers dropping Shonn Greene!!

Anyone know when we'll know whether or not he will play? Hopefully before the bye weeks come.

Dumped Randle.....added the car salesman. Already sitting on him in another league until this all clears up. Still think its a long shot but well worth the risk.

Florio has been following the Josh Gordon suspension details as much as anybody for as long as anybody, now I've only been doing this a few years but "very close" usually means "already here, but for legal reasons we have to say 'very close'", right?

So what is the consensus on worth for waiver budget out of $100 if the claim goes through tonight? I drafted him late, then dropped him and now have to spend to get him back. He goes through tomorrow morning

Deep benches so have room but can't figure out what percentage of FAAB to throw at him. Maybe 20% since there is no guarantee of him ever seeing the field at all?

U guys are all getting excited for nothing no way the deal goes through. Gordon will not play this year. The whole league will get high and pop Molly's if it passes.

This is a change in the rules that will be bargained by the NFL and NFLPA. If they want it to be retroactive, they can make it retroactive. The NFL is probably doing this to try and save face after suspending a wife beater 2 games and a secondhand marijuana smoker 16 games. They also get the benefit of stricter HGH testing out of it.

Murf - Someone else mentioned that the article was written 4 months ago, before the whole appeals debacle. But overall I think that Bingo hit the nail on the head. The NFL would probably want to retroactively cover Gordon's case under these new rules because of the PR nightmare and also the legal grounds his lawsuit may cite from this situation. Imagine, they start digging and discover that under the new agreement, Gordon should have passed and that this part of the agreement was negotiated way before his appeal hearing decision. For all we know, Henderson could have been stalling hoping that the new rules go into effect before he had to make the decision.

I also think the whole car salesman thing is a stunt for his lawsuit too. He would go to the judge and say "The only job I could get was selling cars".

I could be completely wrong but this whole situation sounds a little too much like the plot to a bad TV sitcom episode.

so if this happens, would it be wrong of me as commish to ban a player from being rostered. Seems like it would be a completely unfair advantage for the no 1 waiver pick or the first person to run to the website to add him?

my draft was today, ended at 4pm, so obviously was undrafted. Its not the same situation as a player who has a big week and comes out of nowhere

Thanks to the waiver rules in my leagues, I have about zero chance of getting him. So I basically have to hope that all of you get disappointed so someone in my leagues doesn't get a free championship boost. The NFL sure is a clusterf*ck this preseason.

Thanks to the waiver rules in my leagues, I have about zero chance of getting him. So I basically have to hope that all of you get disappointed so someone in my leagues doesn't get a free championship boost. The NFL sure is a clusterf*ck this preseason.

this is an archaic system for the reason you stated ... fock that :thumbsdown:

gotta switch to FAAB, mofos :clap:

(that's Free Agent Auction Bidding for you cavemen out there) :banana:

so if this happens, would it be wrong of me as commish to ban a player from being rostered. Seems like it would be a completely unfair advantage for the no 1 waiver pick or the first person to run to the website to add him?

my draft was today, ended at 4pm, so obviously was undrafted. Its not the same situation as a player who has a big week and comes out of nowhere

And if you do this then you are totally screwing the guy at #1. I'm guessing your not at #1, right?

WHAT?!!!!! That's the whole point of the waiver system.

If you're even contemplating that, you have no business being a commish.

WHAT?!!!!! That's the whole point of the waiver system.

If you're even contemplating that, you have no business being a commish.

totally agreed :thumbsup:

as much as i detest the waiver wire method, moving the fockin' goal posts because Gordo may be back in play is about as fockin' bush league, doosh canoe as it gets :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

totally agreed :thumbsup:

as much as i detest the waiver wire method, moving the fockin' goal posts because Gordo may be back in play is about as fockin' bush league, doosh canoe as it gets :thumbsdown:

:lol:

Yeah; someone pulls a poosay move like that needs punched in the face in front of his wife and kids.

I dropped knile davis for him. why not? davis was useless to me unless charles goes down and if he gets back in it could be the best waiver wire pickup ever.

If I had the number one ww pick and you pulled this bullshit I would drive to your house, knock on your door and punch you in your nuts right in front of your wife and kids.