Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Josh Gordon....10 Games

The NFL and the NFLPA are separate organizations.

The union has approved it but the league hasn't.

Gotcha. Thanks.

@RapSheet: .@NFL statement after NFLPA vote: We have not yet reached an agreement with the union. There continue to be significant unresolved issues

mortreport Chris Mortensen

NFL says no agreement yet on drug policy. Still "unresolved issues." One may be reinstatement of players for this weekend. One procedura

So maybe let's all calm down and wait out the weekend. Walk the dog or something.

Seriously stupid they are holding it up because players may play this week. Honestly that should be the least of their worries when getting this deal hammered out. NFL is out of touch and date when comes to this stuff.

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot 2h

#Browns Josh Gordon has been notified that his suspension is now a total of 10 games. That's pending final approval of the new drug policy.

10 games is still far too much when he failed by a nanogram. His A. sample came back one nanogram below the threashold and the B. came back one over. Why not avg the 2 and say it was a wash?

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this....

but why is this being done now? Why couldn't it have been done in the off-season?

10 games is still far too much when he failed by a nanogram. His A. sample came back one nanogram below the threashold and the B. came back one over. Why not avg the 2 and say it was a wash?

I think he may get a lesser sentence. All reports are saying 10 games, but I'm not positive that will happen.

Everyone who can't understand why Gordon isn't going to be playing until week 12

They're not saying that. They're not questioning some punishment; they're questioning the equitability of that large a punishment. Right now, Gordon is texting his thank you's to ADP for looking completely horrible by contrast.

• Like 1

Seems like NFL just keeps dropping the ball. If under the new policy he wouldn't have failed the test then it shouldn't count against him period. He should be at 3 which would be a 4 game suspension. I imagine he appeals and has a great shot at winning.

@MaryKayCabot: Still trying to sort out why it'll be 10 games for Gordon. 4th violation under new rules is 10 games. But his 16 ng was 3rd violation....

@MaryKayCabot: If they apply the new 35 ng standards, why would Gordon be suspended at all? Or did he commit #4 in the new league year? (he's in Stage 3)

@MaryKayCabot: Still trying to sort out why it'll be 10 games for Gordon. 4th violation under new rules is 10 games. But his 16 ng was 3rd violation....

@MaryKayCabot: If they apply the new 35 ng standards, why would Gordon be suspended at all? Or did he commit #4 in the new league year? (he's in Stage 3)

Who is MaryKayCabot? I like her way of thinking! :)

Just looked her up, she's a Cleveland Browns beatwriter and does some work for Bleacherreport.com, NFL Network and Fox Sports 1....and pretty hot as well. :)

• Like 1

And this is why it would be stupid for the NFL to suspend 10 games. Gordon will appeal and have a great case. Why even go through all that. Should call it The Out Of Touch League.

She's been on top of everything Gordon related. I've been following her on Twitter and she seems to be pretty informed and gives out pretty good facts and educated opinions.

Just looked her up, she's a Cleveland Browns beatwriter and does some work for Bleacherreport.com, NFL Network and Fox Sports 1....and pretty hot as well. :)

http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/d12/unsecured/media/275353188001/275353188001_593548216001_060310-brownsmkt-vidavee-mov-still-615639291001.jpg?pubId=275353188001

Not feeling her.

You need higher standards

someone cut him in my league a few weeks back and even though I was 8th on the ww I still ended up being able to snag him.This was when everyone was suuureeee he was done for the year. I figured he would be no better or worse than the 5th wr who sits my bench anyway and for the next coming weeks I can drool over my lotto ticket for the playoff weeks.

someone cut him in my league a few weeks back and even though I was 8th on the ww I still ended up being able to snag him.This was when everyone was suuureeee he was done for the year. I figured he would be no better or worse than the 5th wr who sits my bench anyway and for the next coming weeks I can drool over my lotto ticket for the playoff weeks.

Someone bid $988 out of$1000 last night, even with the news he may miss the first 10-games.

Someone bid $988 out of$1000 last night, even with the news he may miss the first 10-games.

WOW 2 games in? thats a ballsey move. he would have to come back and perform like megatron.

Here's the latest twitter stream from Ian Rapoport. He also said on the NFL Network this morning that Gordon will be allowed at the Browns facility during his suspension. Don't exactly know what that means.

@RapSheet: What is the holdup on drug policy? Not suspended players return date. Its language issues such as third-party appeals for violations by law

@RapSheet: No drug policy final deal today, but source involved says the hope is its done Monday to give players a chance to get back in buildings

@RapSheet: The drug policy negotiations took 4 years. Both sides taking 24 hours to go over every single word to make sure no questions going forward.

@RapSheet: The drug policy negotiations took 4 years. Both sides taking 24 hours to go over every single word to make sure no questions going forward.

@RapSheet: 4 hours after union reps voted to give their leaders license to approve a deal, league received new language on appeals. Its a process.

@RapSheet: Last thing on drug policy: Sounds like @NFL & @NFLPA are in a very good place with this deal about done. Its one both are proud of.

I've been following this because I grabbed him off of waivers last week, still I do agree that its sort of silly that he may get 10 games since he wouldn't have even tested positive under the new rules. so your using the old rule for the violation and the punishment for the new rules. It should be one of the other Id think.

Im very deep at receiver but not so great at RB...if he does in fact get 10 games does he become droppable? He is already at 17 percent in ESPN leagues and falling.

Also another potential monkey wrench is will he be able to appeal this or not since they could say he already appealed, but now this is a new rule and new punishment.

I dropped him in one league and will hold onto him as long as can in other leagues. Have one league we play through week 17 so ill be keeping him in that one for sure.

10 games! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Celebrating Gordon's BS 10 game suspension because you were too drunk to get to the WW when the news first broke. Lame ...

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 7m

Per source, Josh Gordon pleaded guilty to DUI charges because the new two-game suspension is not retroactive. He won't be suspended for it.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 7m

Per source, Josh Gordon pleaded guilty to DUI charges because the new two-game suspension is not retroactive. He won't be suspended for it.

Hmm. But even if you're correct, Goodell can just tack on two games under the "player conduct" policy due to his arrest and guilty plea.

Hmm. But even if you're correct, Goodell can just tack on two games under the "player conduct" policy due to his arrest and guilty plea.

I could be wrong, but I assume he had his lawyer talk this out with NFL before pleading guilty. Other wise I assume he would have fought it.

The NFL and the NFL Players Association are finalizing a new drug policy Tuesday evening, and a formal announcement is expected to be made by Wednesday morning, CBSSports.com NFL insider Jason La Canfora reports.

The NFLPA has begun to notify players of the revamped suspensions under the new policy, including Browns receiver Josh Gordon officially having his suspension reduced to 10 games. Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker, Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey and Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick are among the handful of players who should be able to rejoin their respective teams Wednesday in preparation of playing in Week 3.

- CBS

This is the same dude that turned a 2 game suspension into an indefinite one, what makes you so sure he can't just tack on what he wants to Gordon's suspension? If the Ray Rice suspension stands, it means any NFL player can be suspended any amount of time for anything, no matter what the suspension is decided on or what the policy is, or if it's a first time offense.