Sign in to follow this  
Natetradomus

Chime in on the Bishop Sankey, Titans fans.

What's the deal? I haven't seen him play at all this year (only watch red zone and highlights) but look at this numbers and they are solid. I've also read Whisencunt doesn't like his footwork. Is this guy in some sort of dog house? Is he dogging it at practice? I don't get it. He's their high number 1 pick and clearly the best back. What are the saying in titanville and what are your takes on his playtime?

I'm looking to start him this week due to injury but there are waiver moves I can make - I just don't want to relinquish anyone on my bench for who is available currently. Hopin for some garbage yards and maybe a changing of the guard this week.

Wisenhunt would rather lose with good footwork than win with the wrong foot forward.

I'd say Wiz is trying to push his buttons. He'll be the lead dog very soon. ..and with Locker regressing, Sankey should get a chitload of carries in that offense.

I'd say Wiz is trying to push his buttons. He'll be the lead dog very soon. ..and with Locker regressing, Sankey should get a chitload of carries in that offense.

Its a myth that the qb regressing is good for rbs, its not. Rbs need competent qbs to lead the offense to first downs and redzone chances or else they just get stuffed all day.

• Like 1

Its a myth that the qb regressing is good for rbs, its not. Rbs need competent qbs to lead the offense to first downs and redzone chances or else they just get stuffed all day.

Monte ball disagrees with you.

I doubt Wisenhunt is purposely playing an inferior back and losing games just to push a rookie's buttons. In preseason, maybe.

when a coach says he needs to work on his footwork its code for he is not up to snuff in passpro. which is odd seeing as how they have only given up 4 sacks through 3 games.

That's part of it, but Sankey's "footwork" issue has as much to do with vision as anything else. He had problems in college when presented with out of the ordinary defensive schemes and you see the same thing in the NFL. In space he performs, but he doesn't anticipate well on many garden variety running plays when the defensive scheme is at all unusual and the result is he gets only what's blocked, not the extra yard or 3 that a more experienced back, like Shonn The Plodder, will routinely secure by seeing where the crease will be and hitting that spot decisively.

The Titans continue to be such a work in progress, however, that's its hard to see how valuable anyone on this team will be including Sankey even if he steepens his learning curve. My guess is The Whiz, by continuing his drumbeat about Sankey's need for "footwork" improvement, is simply trying to motivate the rookie. Under most any scenario Sankey will get his chance this season and perhaps much sooner than presently appears likely.

when a coach says he needs to work on his footwork its code for he is not up to snuff in passpro. which is odd seeing as how they have only given up 4 sacks through 3 games.

yeah but how often was sankey on the field to pass protect?

yeah but how often was sankey on the field to pass protect?

exactly. that's probably why they've only given up 4 sacks.

I will admit I havnt seen a lot of the kid, but what I have seen leads me to believe his blocking could definitely use some improvement.

Monte ball disagrees with you.

I undertand the point you think your making but Ball would absolutely agree with me. Ball does need the qb to play well to give him more opportunities, hes just not that good so it does him no good. Plus they arent exactly a running team. But a team that wants to run the ball needs the qb to play well to give him those chances as I expressed in my post.

he is sitting on waivers, gonna put in a request, just in case he finally learns to dance

he is sitting on waivers, gonna put in a request, just in case he finally learns to dance

Be afraid. I have him. Picked him a week ago, but as you insinuated...I am not good at evaluating talent. Haha...

Be afraid. I have him. Picked him a week ago, but as you insinuated...I am not good at evaluating talent. Haha...

Oh crap

Mad.

Drafted him. Waited for 3 weeks and then dropped him. He looks great, albeit a blow out.

Now I'm desperately trying to get him back off waivers. FML.

I am 100% convinced wisencunt is tanking the season. Sankey will not be a viable option till that is goal is reached. Once that happens I see sankey being a top 10 rb the rest of the way. He has what it takes.....well all except the footwork that his focking retarded coach wants of course.

...says Lacy

;)

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Bishop Sankey will likely get more reps than he has all season against the Browns this week.

"You will see (more reps for Sankey). That's coming," Whisenhunt said. "And I think you'll see more of that earlier in the game this week." Sankey has actually led the Titans' running backs in snaps the past two weeks with 22 and 29, respectively, but they've been coming in the second half when the Titans have been getting plastered on the scoreboard. Whisenhunt is finally realizing Shonn Greene and Dexter McCluster aren't good. Sankey has managed 127 yards and one touchdown on 19 touches the past two weeks. Cleveland has allowed the second-most fantasy points to opposing running backs. Sankey has RB2 upside.

Does he get GL carries?

Do they have GL plays?

• Like 2

I want to see tape of sankey carries other than his 2 yard td o saw on nfl.Com

Regardless of what wisenhunt has saI'd about him, at some point you have to try to win football games and realize that you won't do that with Shonn greene.

Whitehurst may even be better for sankey and the offense.

I didn't draft sankey in any league but the June mock :x but I did pick him up last week when someone dropped. Had an extra spot and he might be the kind of guy you stash and if an injury hits your starter later in the season, by that time sankey might be palatable.

i honestly dont think wisencunt wants to win. I think he is tanking the seson.

I find it funny that people gave up on Bishop Sankey so quickly. I drafted him with full knowledge that he would be better as the season rolls along. Why would you not trust your instincts? I swear fantasy football owners have the brain of a squirrel - they only remember the last week. He was drafted to be on your bench for the first quarter of the season - and owners panicked and cut him. Stupid! Remember why you did what you did and stick with the plan until facts state otherwise. Greene was a temporary block for playing time behind the more talented RB. In my mind I had targeted week 6/7 as the time he'd take over.

I find it funny that people gave up on Bishop Sankey so quickly. I drafted him with full knowledge that he would be better as the season rolls along. Why would you not trust your instincts? I swear fantasy football owners have the brain of a squirrel - they only remember the last week. He was drafted to be on your bench for the first quarter of the season - and owners panicked and cut him. Stupid! Remember why you did what you did and stick with the plan until facts state otherwise. Greene was a temporary block for playing time behind the more talented RB. In my mind I had targeted week 6/7 as the time he'd take over.

You have to have guys like squirrel brains to give gifts to waiver wire shuffle junkies like me. It's the circle of life.

• Like 1

Ken Isacunt

Not sure I want to hold a spot he is no closer to lions share than weeks ago

Somebody in my 14-teamer dropped him a few weeks ago and he's been riding the pine as my 4th RB ver since. I may just trot him out as my flex this week.

Somebody in my 14-teamer dropped him a few weeks ago and he's been riding the pine as my 4th RB ver since. I may just trot him out as my flex this week.

They were up 28 - 3 at home this week and he still only managed 27 yards and no catches. Wtf is this guys deal? Did anyone see the game? That being said I couldn't drop him in a 14-teamer but I couldn't bring myself to start him either.