Sign in to follow this  
bfros

CJ Anderson top waiver pickup

would anyone disagree? (Hillman will likely prob miss week 11, maybe more....Ball will play but will be phased in).

Assuming Ball is owned, any better pickups than CJ this next week?

Ball

How much of a blind bid would you make for him, considering half the league has blown most of their $$$ and are down to 1-5% of their blind bid dollars?

How much of a blind bid would you make for him, considering half the league has blown most of their $$$ and are down to 1-5% of their blind bid dollars?

Really it's a crapshoot. We don't know what will happen. Right now I think the get is Ball who might go for 0 while everyone else is emptying their FAAB for CJA.

We could see CJA & Thompson split next week. Then Ball start the following week. Then Hillman get his job back the following when he's healthy again. We don't know.

I thought CJA was the one to get originally based on talent (and still think he's the best) but who knows now.

If you really need someone for the short term, take him, otherwise it may be a wasted pick. However, that being said, there are not a bunch of players to pick up this week, well not in my league, and I'm guessing in most. I have the 1st pick this week, but I'm thinking of not making a waiver claim.

I like how you guys think I wish I were in your leagues I'd have it easy

Why do you say that?

I put in waivers on Anderson in my leagues. Ball is taken in both.

Rotoworld -
Coach John Fox said Monday that the Broncos' running back rotation will depend "first and foremost" on "who's healthy."
This is obvious, but we're searching for any and all possible hints at the projected workloads. The healthiest backs on Denver's roster are C.J. Anderson and Juwan Thompson, with Ronnie Hillman (foot) expected to miss time and Montee Ball on his way back from a multi-week groin injury. Andrew Mason of the Broncos' website tweeted on Monday that he "expects no changes" and the Broncos to "continue to ride the hot hand" in their rushing attack

Anderson is healthy and hot. So is Manning. Nothing wrong with a RB lottery ticket. :banana:

I have Hillman and a top Waiver claim, no idea which one to hold out of Hillman and Anderson. I wouldn't be playing either of them, just a bench RB. Holding Hillman for now.

I have a team that is doing very well and has been highly invested in the Denver running game. Top prize is $300k. Sure would help my chances if I could figure this out. I honestly have no idea, at this point. If you want a guy to start for one week, CJ may be a good pickup. I don't think he wins the job though. Ball is going to get some work going forward, and he has the most long term value, I think. It's a mess, from a fantasy standpoint.

If you need a RB with value beyond this week, I would look elsewhere.

tend to agree with this ... from all accounts, Ball of Confusion is returning with a vengeance.

in the incomparably sh!teous fantasy foosball landscape of '14, it wouldn't shock me in the least to see one of the biggest busts of the first half emerge as a force down the stretch :dunno:

• Like 1

As we said earlier, when Ball went down, and the Giants promoted Mike Cox ... at first it seemed like holding Ball and grabbing Cox might be a good move, but not as good as letting someone else grab Cox.

Hold Ball ... though, was the consensus while Hillman was "stealing his jerb".

tend to agree with this ... from all accounts, Ball of Confusion is returning with a vengeance.

in the incomparably sh!teous fantasy foosball landscape of '14, it wouldn't shock me in the least to see one of the biggest busts of the first half emerge as a force down the stretch :dunno:

I am in a league, where if that happens ... I will make a lot of money. I need my 2nd round pick to step up. Rest of the team is solid. Didn't want to give up on that investment, but I also can't hold 4 RBs to cover one RB spot. I would avoid, at this time.

at first it seemed like holding Ball and grabbing Cox might be a good move, but not as good as letting someone else grab Cox.

You ever been in a Turkish prison? You like hanging out in front of gymnasiums? You like movies with Gladiators?

Anderson is a red herring. Ball will be back sooner than later because of his ability as a pass blocker. That limits all other backs in that offense.

Never did grab Cox, held Ball though.

Well grabbed Anderson and Stewart. Plim stickings.

Yeah, there are some deeper guys.

Damian Williams, in Miami is interesting.

Well grabbed Anderson and Stewart. Plim stickings.

Not an easy schedule for Anderson though.

Ball,

I used to own him, and I both were available on the WW. I scooped Anderson with confidence.

Ball showed us nothing even when he was healthy and getting the full time carries, his best game was like 75 yeards and a TD. I don't know why people don't admit he's a bust and move on.

###### Ball,

I used to own him, and I both were available on the WW. I scooped Anderson with confidence.

Ball showed us nothing even when he was healthy and getting the full time carries, his best game was like 75 yeards and a TD. I don't know why people don't admit he's a bust and move on.

I took a chance on Ball dropping Rainey for him. I'm hoping he pulls a Denard Robinson where he realizes he has a second chance to be the top dog. He's lost weight and by some accounts looked rejuvenated in practice.

Per CBS
Broncos RB Ball full participant in Wednesday practice
1 min ago
Broncos running back Montee Ball took what might be the final step Wednesday toward being active for the Week 11 game against St. Louis when he partcicipated fully in practice.

Ball has been sidelined since sustaining a groin injury on Oct. 5. His return has coincided with the loss of featured back replacement Ronnie Hillman to a foot injury.

Per CBS
Broncos RB Ball full participant in Wednesday practice
1 min ago
Broncos running back Montee Ball took what might be the final step Wednesday toward being active for the Week 11 game against St. Louis when he partcicipated fully in practice.

Ball has been sidelined since sustaining a groin injury on Oct. 5. His return has coincided with the loss of featured back replacement Ronnie Hillman to a foot injury.

He may get some in game snaps, sure, but is he really going to come back from a groin injury with all kinds of burst? Watching Ball earlier this year as a former owner was frustrating. Peyton would basically hand him the ball, and he'd either be stuffed in the backfield, or he'd bounce around looking for a hole and gain 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Then Hillman, or Anderson, or Thompson would come in and bust off 10 yard runs and you would be sitting there thinking whoah, I wonder if Ball is going to end up losing his job, these guys seem to produce. I blamed a lot of it on o-line blocking earlier in the year, but after seeing how Hillman and Anderson gained yards, I think the problem is Ball just runs with no burst, and can't break a tackle or make the first guy miss.

Peyton's not stupid, as long as the RB is decent in pass-blocking and does what he says, he's not going to keep handing ht ball to a guy who only gains 2 or 3 yards every time. I can't see Fox being so in love with the guy that he'd be willing to go back to less than 3 YPC.

He may get some in game snaps, sure, but is he really going to come back from a groin injury with all kinds of burst? Watching Ball earlier this year as a former owner was frustrating. Peyton would basically hand him the ball, and he'd either be stuffed in the backfield, or he'd bounce around looking for a hole and gain 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Then Hillman, or Anderson, or Thompson would come in and bust off 10 yard runs and you would be sitting there thinking whoah, I wonder if Ball is going to end up losing his job, these guys seem to produce. I blamed a lot of it on o-line blocking earlier in the year, but after seeing how Hillman and Anderson gained yards, I think the problem is Ball just runs with no burst, and can't break a tackle or make the first guy miss.

Peyton's not stupid, as long as the RB is decent in pass-blocking and does what he says, he's not going to keep handing ht ball to a guy who only gains 2 or 3 yards every time. I can't see Fox being so in love with the guy that he'd be willing to go back to less than 3 YPC.

This is why Ball will be a problem. He is very good at protecting Manning. Hillman royally screwed up against the Patriots. I think if Ball can show he can do what he did to start the year he will take over. Then when Hillman comes back the starting gig might not be his. Anderson was a temporary in-game fix but there was a reason they didn't trust him earlier in the year.

This is why Ball will be a problem. He is very good at protecting Manning. Hillman royally screwed up against the Patriots. I think if Ball can show he can do what he did to start the year he will take over. Then when Hillman comes back the starting gig might not be his. Anderson was a temporary in-game fix but there was a reason they didn't trust him earlier in the year.

fwiw, the broncos never changed their depth chart. ball still listed 1st string... i hope there is some clarity by sunday as to who will start the game, because i HAVE to start either ball or anderson in one league

I thought that reason is he was concussed for a couple of games...

My point is Manning and Fox should know there is more to RB than their pass-blocking ability. You still want to be able to move the rock on the ground...but not at the speed of a rock moving on the ground.

I wasn't able to watch the Pats game to assess Hillman's pass blocking ability.

so - who do you all think starts and/or has the most fantasy value this weekend for the broncos?

i think i'd lean anderson since he has more big play potential

so - who do you all think starts and/or has the most fantasy value this weekend for the broncos?

i think i'd lean anderson since he has more big play potential

I would think Ball would start but CJ could see significant time, especially if Ball is not making anything happen. The broncos tend to start out conservative. That would be the guy who can protect Manning the best.

The hope is that Ball doesn't do anything and the game isn't an early blowout. If it is an early blowout they wouldn't have much reason to bring in the homerun hitting CJ other then garbage time.

• Like 1

Everyone forgets Ball missed TC with the appendix thing, very possible he had a slow start getting back into game shape.