Sign in to follow this  
NPNG

Mark Sanchez....

I have Brees and Sanchez at QB and I am weak at WR (Julio, V. Jackson, James Jones), maybe even RB2 (Jennings). If you trade someone like Brees to shore up some holes, is Sanchez good enough to win you anything? I think Kelly's system is probably good for at least 250 yards and 1-2 TDs a game.

I would have no problem going with Sanchez. I love the system and he has enough toys and a very good OL that is getting healthier. If you could strengthen your weaknesses with your surplus assets, that is what trade is all about.

See what you can get for Sanchez before dangling Brees out there. Brees has a cupcake schedule the rest of the way and might be able to win you a championship on his own.

What do you think about Sanchez for M. Bryant?

Need more facts, like how weak are you at qb? If weak, do it. If not weak, don't. I own both and plan on starting both.

I have Brees and Sanchez at QB and I am weak at WR (Julio, V. Jackson, James Jones), maybe even RB2 (Jennings). If you trade someone like Brees to shore up some holes, is Sanchez good enough to win you anything? I think Kelly's system is probably good for at least 250 yards and 1-2 TDs a game.

Oh my soul what ! No no no . Stick with Brees

No, no, no.

Amidst all the hoopla, Sanchez is completing less than 60% with 4 TD/ 2 INT. He completed 54% vs a bad Carolina D. Don't lose track of the fact that Car gave them 10 pts on their first 2 snaps (turnovers), Philly had an INT and punt return TD. The throw to Mathews was great, albeit long after the game was decided.

Beter to ask this question after he has to go on the road vs GB this week.

No, no, no.

Amidst all the hoopla, Sanchez is completing less than 60% with 4 TD/ 2 INT. He completed 54% vs a bad Carolina D. Don't lose track of the fact that Car gave them 10 pts on their first 2 snaps (turnovers), Philly had an INT and punt return TD. The throw to Mathews was great, albeit long after the game was decided.

Although I would never start Brees over Sanchez I think you are trying to make excuses for good fantasy performances in back to back games.

Completion percentage? LOL. Really? If he gives me 330 yards and 2 Tds and no Ints every week he can complete 20% of his passes. And don't forget he was 10 inches away from 3 Tds vs Carolina.

Didn't Carolina just hold Brees to 1 TD a couple weeks ago? Held Russel Wilson to 1 TD the week before that?

Although I would never start Brees over Sanchez I think you are trying to make excuses for good fantasy performances in back to back games.

Completion percentage? LOL. Really? If he gives me 330 yards and 2 Tds and no Ints every week he can complete 20% of his passes. And don't forget he was 10 inches away from 3 Tds vs Carolina.

Didn't Carolina just hold Brees to 1 TD a couple weeks ago? Held Russel Wilson to 1 TD the week before that?

I have no need to make excuses for him. To paraphrase, he is who he is, and I believe that opponents other than an unprepared Houston and a miserable Carolina will show that.

I have no need to make excuses for him. To paraphrase, he is who he is, and I believe that opponents other than an unprepared Houston and a miserable Carolina will show that.

He has obviously retooled his game and looks and acts like Brees all the way up until the snap. That is the point when he looks like the same old Sanchez (with better weapons). Any pressure at all and he made a bad throw. The Packers are going to slaughter him.

I'm thinking of rolling Sanchez out vs GB over Kaep vs Giants. But I think Sanchez could Show his true colors this week so I pussed out and put Kaep back in. I'll prolly switch it 10 more times before Sunday

Again with the excuses. He out scored a lot of good fantasy Qbs vs that same Carolina defense. Wilson and Brees owners can attest

Give him his props

Again with the excuses. He out scored a lot of good fantasy Qbs vs that same Carolina defense. Wilson and Brees owners can attest

Give him his props

You can slobber all over him after 6 quarters. I haven't seen anyone in the thread ask whether they should play him the last two weeks. In most leagues of which I'm aware, you try to select players based on what they will do, not what they have done. That was the question and what I addressed.

You can slobber all over him after 6 quarters. I haven't seen anyone in the thread ask whether they should play him the last two weeks. In most leagues of which I'm aware, you try to select players based on what they will do, not what they have done. That was the question and what I addressed.

What in the world are you talking about? That was a bizarro post

You either are a jets fan or upset you didn't get him on waivers or lost to him last week

Chip Kelly's system and his great weapons are going nowhere. He has guys that can go the distance on any slant, screen etc. his sheer volume of passes and scoring opportunities in that system are hard to ignore. I don't get the unreasonable analysis of yours. An absolute he sucks declaration despite the only evidence we have of him in a real offensive system with real weapons is he can do it. He looked like this in preseason. Like a new guy

forecast in green bay is supposed to be a high of 28 degrees. does sanchez historically play well in cold weather? maybe i should rephrase that, does he imlode at all in cold weather conditions?

No, no, no.

to me... the highlighted facts should have been a detriment to sanchez's overall statline... can you imagine what could have been if carolina kept pace, and the eagles were forced to open the offense up? I realize that could lead to an implosion, but the more opportunites he gets in this offense the better... fantasy-wise at least

I'm STRONGLY considering playing Sanchez instead of Rivers (vs OAK) this weekend - but I have the luxury in that league of not getting negative points for ints/etc.

Anyone agree with that move?

to me... the highlighted facts should have been a detriment to sanchez's overall statline... can you imagine what could have been if carolina kept pace, and the eagles were forced to open the offense up? I realize that could lead to an implosion, but the more opportunites he gets in this offense the better... fantasy-wise at least

You are correct I thought same thing. Defensive and ST Tds kill qb nights usually

I'm STRONGLY considering playing Sanchez instead of Rivers (vs OAK) this weekend - but I have the luxury in that league of not getting negative points for ints/etc.

Anyone agree with that move?

I would go rivers with SD getting their ship righted out of the BYE. I also favor the home team if stuck deciding between 2 players.

Sanchez looks good. No reason to fret putting him in there. As for Rivers, he should be okay too.

I think both will be good, but the factor I'm considering is that Rivers won't have to do that much against Oakland (I don't think), whereas I think Sanchez will have to throw all 4 quarters to keep up with Rodgers.

I think. :unsure:

What in the world are you talking about? That was a bizarro post

You either are a jets fan or upset you didn't get him on waivers or lost to him last week

Neither. A realist .

in a 2qb league I am debating between the dirty sanchez in the cold and snow or mettinberger against a pisss poor secondary in the steelers. Its a toss up as sanchez has the cold to deal with and metterberger has a coach who is obviously tanking the season to deal with.

in a 2qb league I am debating between the dirty sanchez in the cold and snow or mettinberger against a pisss poor secondary in the steelers. Its a toss up as sanchez has the cold to deal with and metterberger has a coach who is obviously tanking the season to deal with.

Dirt has spent his career in NY, the cold will be no different. It's not frozen tundra yet

I have a feeling Sanchez is going to remind everyone just how bad of a QB he is this week. Maybe not on the same level of butt fumble but I expect him to turn in a pretty bad performance this week.

I have a feeling Sanchez is going to remind everyone just how bad of a QB he is this week. Maybe not on the same level of butt fumble but I expect him to turn in a pretty bad performance this week.

i think the kid has learned to play within himself/Chip's system

he will be set up for nothing but success ... Kelly schemes to ensure that ... never discount a guy relishing a chance to rejuvenate himself in a qb friendly offense

325/3/1 today.

- but Pack win 41-27 :wave:

i think the kid has learned to play within himself/Chip's system

he will be set up for nothing but success ... Kelly schemes to ensure that ... never discount a guy relishing a chance to rejuvenate himself in a qb friendly offense

325/3/1 today.

I agree. The Sanchez doomsdayers are a reluctant bunch. They apparently have not been watching the past two weeks. This is a new system, one that is very qb friendly. I'm not sure why anyone would think a little cold air or the Green Bay packers defense would be so scary to him.

- but Pack win 41-27 :wave:

Anyone rolling with him in Fanduel? Was tempted too but these games that project to be a shootout can sometimes underwhelm mightily. :unsure:

I did. Him combined with upgrades at other spots is a bargain. I did last week too.

I did. Him combined with upgrades at other spots is a bargain. I did last week too.

I'm rolling with Rivers whose price seems down a bit. Versus Oakland..........

I am rolling with mettenberger on fanduel. He is facing a depleted steelers secondary and is at home in what could easily be a shootout.That combined with using hill and jonathan stewart allowed me to max out on wrs

I'm rolling with Rivers whose price seems down a bit. Versus Oakland..........

I will have to try one like that

Price of Dirty Sanchez - $6,900 versus Rivers - $8,400

I may have to rethink that.

Yeah rivers ends up with worse overall team

And mett for 900 less than Sanchez doesn't lure me in.

Yeah rivers ends up with worse overall team

And mett for 900 less than Sanchez doesn't lure me in.

Kelce and McKinnon in other spots helped save $$ towards WRs

Jordan Matthews is cheap helped me go gronk in a GREAT TE matchup!

• Like 1