Sign in to follow this  
TwentyFourSeven

Browns release Ben Tate

I just saw that too. Must have been some grumbling about being demoted. I would imagine that Indy kicks the tires on Tate. Must safer bet than Ray Rice.

Colts make sense, but I wonder if Tate makes it past the Raiders in the waiver claim process.

I think Crowell is a must add and Tate is a hold for now....see where he ends up. Indy would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Another washed up has-been at RB for the Hat Trick in Oakland? No thanks. Also good news for Terrence West fans.

• Like 1

Looks like I'll try to pick this guy up and play him instead of Ivory this week. Then I get Gordon back....

Starting 2 Browns players o.0

wtf is wrong with me?

Saw on Rotoworld

Hello Crowell!

Good move for the Browns

Is Crowell their guy or does this thing look like a full on committee with West? I lost Bradshaw and the hopes of Peterson, hurting bad at RB. Jonas is my other option even though I know it was a fluke.

I could see the Cards grabbing him.

Cards like the chiefs seem like a team that values chemistry. See how quickly they kicked a malcontentent like Dwyer to the curb. Can't see it happening.

Another washed up has-been at RB for the Hat Trick in Oakland? No thanks. Also good news for Terrence West fans.

Tate is far from a washed up, has been. Despite Cleveland relative success this year, their 3 headed rb monster wasn't really great for anyone. Tate has talent and I believe the decision to cut was due to him being malcontent not that his skill set has declined.

Tate is far from a washed up, has been. Despite Cleveland relative success this year, their 3 headed rb monster wasn't really great for anyone. Tate has talent and I believe the decision to cut was due to him being malcontent not that his skill set has declined.

Respectfully, I feel the direct decision to cut him stemmed from the play of Isaiah Crowell. Tate has never been a problem player, my guess is he expressed a little frustration at his role and they cut bait.

I can empathize with your disagreement. Calling a 26 year old 5th year vet 'washed up' is a bit harsh. But today's NFL is a young man's game, ESPECIALLY at the RB position. Older players still hanging on have a unique skill set, or have remained relatively injury-free, or are role players. Tate was expected to carry the mail in CLE, and none of those traits would apply. I really think his early season knee sprain just did him in, in a sense he needed to shake that label, and barring injury to any player he backs up will be a role player at best.

Cards like the chiefs seem like a team that values chemistry. See how quickly they kicked a malcontentent like Dwyer to the curb. Can't see it happening.

I don't disagree with your premise, but Dwyer abused his wife and then threatened to kill himself, and it was around the Rice stuff, so they cut him. They've been looking for a bigger back to take the load off of Ellington since.

I'm guessing Jags. To block Indy.

yup, gotta protect yourself for the playoff run!!!

dumbo