Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Josh Gordon News

With that said.... Are you benching him this week, and if so, who are you benching him for?

I think I have no choice but to bench him, but I have Jordy, AB and Julio instead. In another league, however, the question is much more serious: I am thinking about benching him for Kenny Stills @ CHI.

Gordon will hit my bench now.

I'll start Dez, AJ Green, and Emmanual Sanders in one league. And, Julio, Alshon, TY, and Beckham in another.

“I think we wanted to get Josh’s reps down a little bit and kind of balance it out a little more,” coach Mike Pettine said. “Get Travis and Gabriel, get their reps back up a little bit.”

They lost by a point and they had their best player on the sideline for most 3rd downs.

Pettine has done really well with his ragtag band of misfits but when he gets a real elite skill position player he just hasn't known what to do with him.

I'll be stressing over him or Hopkins. I already know whoever I pick will be wrong

Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this but I may have to bench gordon too. Evans or Benjamin.

Well I held onto him all year only to have him and Graham do zilch in a must win game to get me to the playoffs. Zero running back draft ... what a crock of garbage.

Thinking of playing Ashlon over Gordon... New qb, hasn't gotten it together yet...Tough to put all faith (lately) in him especially during playoffs. If I didn't have Beckham as well on my roster,Gordon's in.

I have to start one of him, Roddy White, or Sammy Watkins

I'm leaning Gordon. White prob has the lowest floor and lowest ceiling but Gordon is the only one who can single handedly win me the game. Tough call. I'd sit Gordon if I had options like those of u in this thread have tho

To above poster, with Marshall out id definitely go alshon over Gordon.

It comes down to Gordon or Mike Evans for my flex, comfortably starting Dez and OBJ over both. Hard to bench Evans right now, not sure how I feel about Glennon possibly coming back though. The Bengals are tough against the pass too

It comes down to Gordon or Mike Evans for my flex, comfortably starting Dez and OBJ over both. Hard to bench Evans right now, not sure how I feel about Glennon possibly coming back though. The Bengals are tough against the pass too

Good grief...People are STILL debating wether to start Evans!? The debate is Evans over ODB or Dez, those are 2 players with similar production. Gordon is not in the conversation. such disrespect to what is shaping up as one of the great rookie wr years in recent memory.

I have to start one of him, Roddy White, or Sammy Watkins

I'm leaning Gordon. White prob has the lowest floor and lowest ceiling but Gordon is the only one who can single handedly win me the game. Tough call. I'd sit Gordon if I had options like those of u in this thread have tho

To above poster, with Marshall out id definitely go alshon over Gordon.

Roddy, then Watkins, then a free agent, then Gordon. You get the memo that he sucks and the browns havent thrown a td in like a month? Johnny will be busy scrambling and checking down, zippo for Gordon. Watkins is in another league and Roddy may get extra looks if Julio is dinged up.

Benji with Anderson throwing to him or Gordon with Johnny Football?

I would have never thought I would be dealing with this dilemma come week 15. Really goes to show FF is mostly luck.

Benji with Anderson throwing to him or Gordon with Johnny Football?

I would have never thought I would be dealing with this dilemma come week 15. Really goes to show FF is mostly luck.

I have the same two options in 2 different leagues, and I am rolling Benjy. Can't believe I'm saying that, but Gordon has to show me something before I can play him next week for the Ship. Anderson has shown this season that he likes to throw to Benjy, so taking my chances. May get burned....but just have to make informed decisions and roll with it.

Currently Gordon is benched in both my leagues where I own him. ODB seems like a no brainer but Evans and Gordon is close. Currently going with Evans

Dude was over thrown when he was wide open would have made his game way bigger if he caught that ball and the late ball he miss by inches.

Cincy is tough against the pass. That's going to make the first read - likely Gordon - not easy. The second read - likely Cameron - is going to be far easier.

I don't think much of Manziel; at least not what I've seen so far. I think the pro game hasn't even gotten close to slowing down for him. I think he looks for his first read, and if it isn't blatantly obviously open, he's going to quickly look for Jordan Cameron, and either complete a short pass there, screw up, or take off running.

I think Pettine knows this, and will hand off a ton because of it. I think for these reasons Josh Gordon is not a good play this weekend, and nearly all of his production (I estimate 5-55) will come in the second half, when CLE is down by 10+ points.

That is my view, and for that reason he's benched.

im thinking of benching him(he is my wr3) for jordan matthews, martavis bryant or even marquise wilson.

these are the games where we all question gordon, johnny fagball and the browns coaching and end up watching gordon go off for 212/2

these are the games where we all question gordon, johnny fagball and the browns coaching and end up watching gordon go off for 212/2

Man, I hope you're right as i don't have any other options.

- Flash celebrates the benching of the sad sack fockin' schlub, and the promotion of $$$ JFF $$$, by going the fock OFF.

bench this kid at your own peril.

he's on a mission to prove a point.

hth.

- Flash celebrates the benching of the sad sack fockin' schlub, and the promotion of $$$ JFF $$$, by going the fock OFF.

bench this kid at your own peril.

he's on a mission to prove a point.

hth.

I am honestly at a loss as to what to do with Flash this week. We KNOW what he is capable of, and he's had 3 weeks to shake the rust off and get back into game shape. Manziel can buy time for Flash to get open....Cambell did this successfully last year.

I held him all of this time because of his unquestioned upside, and it seems ludicrous to sit him when you need him the most. Blow-up players are who wins championships, and he is that type of player. Lotta red flags too, though.

Decisions, decisions.......

I am honestly at a loss as to what to do with Flash this week. We KNOW what he is capable of, and he's had 3 weeks to shake the rust off and get back into game shape. Manziel can buy time for Flash to get open....Cambell did this successfully last year.

I held him all of this time because of his unquestioned upside, and it seems ludicrous to sit him when you need him the most. Blow-up players are who wins championships, and he is that type of player. Lotta red flags too, though.

Decisions, decisions.......

all of my hyperbolic shtick aside ...

gist of my post was that Flash lobbied hard for JFF, and finally got his wish.

gotta think he finds that gear that seemed to be (strangely?) missing vs. Indy.

let's just say that i think he was not terribly upset at the Brownies offensive ineptitude (which he helped contribute to) last week.

all of my hyperbolic shtick aside ...

gist of my post was that Flash lobbied hard for JFF, and finally got his wish.

gotta think he finds that gear that seemed to be (strangely?) missing vs. Indy.

let's just say that i think he was not terribly upset at the Brownies offensive ineptitude (which he helped contribute to) last week.

Really?

This puts a whole new spin on the Gordon shittitude. You have a link which discusses this lobbying??

Really?

This puts a whole new spin on the Gordon shittitude. You have a link which discusses this lobbying??

just recall hearing around draft time how Flash was hoping they selected a qb, and that he had the hots for JFF

one of the draftnik dooshes (Kiper or the like) was jazzing it up a few days prior to the draft

just recall hearing around draft time how Flash was hoping they selected a qb, and that he had the hots for JFF

one of the draftnik dooshes (Kiper or the like) was jazzing it up a few days prior to the draft

That gives me a little more faith in Gordon this week. If he was pushing for JFF you know he is going to do everything possible to make him have a big day.

Yeah, I'm actually reconsidering Gordon this week. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

This.....x100.

May just have to roll.

Circumstance may make the decision for me. It sounds like Julio is gimpy enough to be sat. Dammit. :wall:

Clayton opining that Julio sits -

MUTHAFUKKKKKKK

hell, wish I had Flash as a fall back ... I have to use Landry

MUTHAFUKKKKKKK

I don't know. I'm liking Douglass over Flash this week in PPR.

MUTHAFUKKKKKKK

I think Clayton was totally speculating, didn't sound like he talked to anyone etc.

I have read that Julio is running on side and working with trainer this week.