Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Better Call Saul - Extended trailer

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

We went through breaking bad twice and got into Saul but am I crazy that the seasons were like really really spaced out? I don’t think we’ve all watched the last couple. I wasn’t even sure if it was still on the air

Totally spaced out. Seemed like years between 3 and 4 and then 4 and 5.

Season 5 was good though

21 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Totally spaced out. Seemed like years between 3 and 4 and then 4 and 5.

Season 5 was good though

Yeah I think we lost a little bit of interest because of that. Was hard to remember what happened. Maybe I’ll just binge it from the beginning

11 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah I think we lost a little bit of interest because of that. Was hard to remember what happened. Maybe I’ll just binge it from the beginning

Was thinking the same thing. I have forgotten a lot of what happened,. Sadly there isn't much of Kim Wexler being slutty

Recorded it. 2 1/2 hours for a show that I think lost its fastball. Kim is terrible. I’ll get around to it. 

Is Mike going to get the next spin off? Will he live long enough? 

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Is Mike going to get the next spin off? Will he live long enough? 

No.  Mike get's killed in Breaking Bad and we already know his whole backstory. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Recorded it. 2 1/2 hours for a show that I think lost its fastball. Kim is terrible. I’ll get around to it. 

You must be great fun at parties. I could see you and posty holding court :lol:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I said it was good at one time and that I would watch it. I always thought the Kim character sucked. Sue me. 

26 minutes ago, Horseman said:

No.  Mike get's killed in Breaking Bad and we already know his whole backstory. 

thanks for ruining it. I was going to watch after better call saul

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said it was good at one time and that I would watch it. I always thought the Kim character sucked. Sue me. 

She kinda cute tho.  Wish shed show a little more skin.  At least some underwear shots.  Shes too prudish

1 minute ago, edjr said:

thanks for ruining it. I was going to watch after better call saul

The ship sank at the end of Titanic as well.  Might as well ruin everything for you.

And Kevin Spacey was Kaiser Sose

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The ship sank at the end of Titanic as well.  Might as well ruin everything for you.

And Kevin Spacey was Kaiser Sose

I always knew Spacey was gay.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

She kinda cute tho.  Wish shed show a little more skin.  At least some underwear shots.  Shes too prudish

I think she’s very beautiful, albeit in an unconventional and perhaps slightly-mannish way :unsure:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Him and Posty would keep the party going till 2 am

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Him and Posty would keep the party going till 2 am

Ain’t no party like an HT party cuz an HT party don’t stop. 

18 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I think she’s very beautiful, albeit in an unconventional and perhaps slightly-mannish way :unsure:

I totally wood

23 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I watched the 2 1/2 hour opener and I kinda take this back now. Kim was pretty bad, they are stretching that character/actress way too far.

The whole thing actually felt a little off. Not bad, just very different. They totally try to keep you on your toes too whereas in previous seasons it seemed like everything was 100% telegraphed. 

Damn Kim is boring.  I wish I could fast forward through her parts like I did with Carmela on the Sopranos. 

I'm finishing up season 5 now and will dive into 6 shortly. I dig it, but it is not better than Breaking Bad. 

Kim gives me that Lexi Thompson vibe. I know Ed poops on Lexi, but I’m a fan. She’s number 2 after Charley Hull 

21 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Kim gives me that Lexi Thompson vibe. I know Ed poops on Lexi, but I’m a fan. She’s number 2 after Charley Hull 

That’s a good comparison. And I would poop on any of the above 💩

On 5/28/2022 at 8:04 PM, bostonlager said:

I'm finishing up season 5 now and will dive into 6 shortly. I dig it, but it is not better than Breaking Bad. 

Some spoilers in here.

I just started season 5.  I gotta say, as a huge Breaking Bad fan, I've been somewhat disappointed in this prequel.  The characters in BB were wonderfully complex -- good bad guys, bad good guys, people evolving or devolving.  In BCS they are just caricatures so far.  Jimmy is the lovable grifter who always means well, never cons a good person, and just wants to please his unpleasable brother.  Mike is the worst -- the omniscient security guy who is always one step ahead of everyone else, and never does anything bad or amoral.  Hell, he just finally killed someone and even that had a nobility because he let the guy save his wife where others wouldn't have.  Honestly my favorite character may be Howard; he's not nearly the doosh he seemed in BB and I'd like them to work him in more.  Nacho is interesting as well.  Speaking of which, Chuck was an... interesting story line.  And by interesting I mean kinda weird, but unique I suppose.

I'll watch it because I'm such a BB wonk and it is fun to see how they are tying things together.  But if I were just watching it standalone, I might have stopped by now.

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Some spoilers in here.

I just started season 5.  I gotta say, as a huge Breaking Bad fan, I've been somewhat disappointed in this prequel.  The characters in BB were wonderfully complex -- good bad guys, bad good guys, people evolving or devolving.  In BCS they are just caricatures so far.  Jimmy is the lovable grifter who always means well, never cons a good person, and just wants to please his unpleasable brother.  Mike is the worst -- the omniscient security guy who is always one step ahead of everyone else, and never does anything bad or amoral.  Hell, he just finally killed someone and even that had a nobility because he let the guy save his wife where others wouldn't have.  Honestly my favorite character may be Howard; he's not nearly the doosh he seemed in BB and I'd like them to work him in more.  Nacho is interesting as well.  Speaking of which, Chuck was an... interesting story line.  And by interesting I mean kinda weird, but unique I suppose.

I'll watch it because I'm such a BB wonk and it is fun to see how they are tying things together.  But if I were just watching it standalone, I might have stopped by now.

Stick with it, it links more and more with BB as season 5 and 6 progress. Personally I just think it gets better and better :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

Stick with it, it links more and more with BB as season 5 and 6 progress. Personally I just think it gets better and better :thumbsup:

Thanks, I definitely plan to.  Heck, I finished ep 1 from Season 5 today and it already has a different vibe, in a mostly good way I think.  Jimmy is now Saul, which frankly I didn't like how it was done -- I get the burner phone connection, but doing it the day he got his license back seemed forced.  Anyway, I kinda like this new Salamanca, although he is set up as the perfect foil for Mike (omniscient like him, senses every lie).  I'm interested to see what happens to him and leaves Tuco in charge; clearly not intelligence.  

BTW when I say "finished," I totally slow-watch these things.  I'm the anti-binger.  I started BB when I started chemo (a year ago this month) and only watched it during treatments (every 3 weeks) and treadmill at the gym (a few 20 minute sessions a week).  It took me about 6 months to finish.  BCS started after chemo (my immuno isn't long enough to watch anything, thankfully) but I have a rolling/stretching/hanging daily routine that takes about 10 minutes and I watch it during that. It might take me 4 days to finish an episode.  I'm not used to watching everything so quickly, I'm old school, get off my lawn. :D

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks, I definitely plan to.  Heck, I finished ep 1 from Season 5 today and it already has a different vibe, in a mostly good way I think.  Jimmy is now Saul, which frankly I didn't like how it was done -- I get the burner phone connection, but doing it the day he got his license back seemed forced.  Anyway, I kinda like this new Salamanca, although he is set up as the perfect foil for Mike (omniscient like him, senses every lie).  I'm interested to see what happens to him and leaves Tuco in charge; clearly not intelligence.  

Oooo yeah, you'll end up loving Lalo. He's a great villian. One of my favorite charcters on the show.

54 minutes ago, HTH said:

Just watched episode 57.

Yikes!

:shocking:

Right?! Wild midseason finale!

• Like 1

They aren’t sticking the landing. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Respectfully disagree. I think this has been the best season yet.

37 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Respectfully disagree. I think this has been the best season yet.

He lets Jimmy talk him into sending Kim, and you didn’t know what was up, that he just wanted the distraction? The gun in the tire well? He kicks the lamp and it explodes, then does a tuck and roll, grabs the gun and hits his target in the dark? Mike is the only reason to watch this at this point. The writing is So lazy and rushed.   I wish Kim and Jimmy would die. They suck. 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:31 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I liked the 1st half of this last season.

The chicken man/Lalo  segment was focking stupid. Even knowing who was coming out of there alive, that is how they did it?  

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I liked the 1st half of this last season.

The chicken man/Lalo  segment was focking stupid. Even knowing who was coming out of there alive, that is how they did it?  

Exactly. So lazy and obvious. Reminded me of the Adam West Batman show. 

On 7/14/2022 at 1:27 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

He lets Jimmy talk him into sending Kim, and you didn’t know what was up, that he just wanted the distraction? The gun in the tire well? He kicks the lamp and it explodes, then does a tuck and roll, grabs the gun and hits his target in the dark? Mike is the only reason to watch this at this point. The writing is So lazy and rushed.   I wish Kim and Jimmy would die. They suck. 

They forecasted it when he put the gun there.  Plain as day.  But yeah, it was a 240v twist lock plug.  Just stepping on it wouldn't have done anything, you could have driven over it with the excavator and it likely would have still provided power.  They should have had him knocked down to the ground or something happen where he could have undone the connection without Lalo seeing.

Still the best series on tv.  Normal people don't know those types of details.  

Oh look, Gus is gay. So edgy. At least Kim is gone. I hope. 

Yeah was not a huge fan of that episode, especially with so few left. Also it sucked that they had to recast the taxi driver character. The original actor brought much more to the character imo. The replacement dude did not have the same intensity, just seemed like a much whimper person.

23 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Yeah was not a huge fan of that episode, especially with so few left. Also it sucked that they had to recast the taxi driver character. The original actor brought much more to the character imo. The replacement dude did not have the same intensity, just seemed like a much whimper person.

The old lady was Carol Burnett

22 minutes ago, kutulu said:

They had to do a full black and white Gene episode. It shed a lot of light on what hes been doing and that he still got it, hes stil, Saul. I have a feeling that's the last we ever see of Gene though. The fact they did it this early means big things for the final 3 episodes. 

Last week's episode doesn't seem as bad after this week's, imo.

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

Last week's episode doesn't seem as bad after this week's, imo.

Agreed.