Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

Just read where Adam Schefter is reporting that the league is finding it difficult to obtain evidence that the patriots altered the footballs during the game

yeah, this will go away soon

we all need stories like this one to have something to chat about until the sb

dwayne allen said the pats could have beaten the colts if the ball was a bar of soap

Arron Rogers "I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even GO OVER what they allow you to do and SEE IF the officials take air out of it"

If ....not when :doh:

:doh:

You think this would have been an issue with NE had they submitted balls to refs before the game, and then played with what they got back?

You cannot differentiate submitting massaged balls for approval, and screwing with balls that were approved?

:nono:

:doh:

You think this would have been an issue with NE had they submitted balls to refs before the game, and then played with what they got back?

You cannot differentiate submitting massaged balls for approval, and screwing with balls that were approved?

:nono:

how do you know that is not what happened ?

quieted down the deflated packer fans anyway

My GOODNESS drobeski...you're mighty anxious to have this go away, aren't ya? :lol:

how do you know that is not what happened ?

good grief. You'd hide in your own balloon knot if it meant avoiding the obvious, wouldn't you? :lol:

Indy balls had the proper air in them. Patriots balls did not. Do the math.

No, on second thought, don't do the math. Let someone who can do math do the math.

Sounds like it was Brady. http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/01/22/report-tom-brady-tells-teammates-behind-closed-doors-he-prefers-footballs-a-certain-way/

Again does no one else find it little odd that the Ravens did not say anything when they played? BECAUSE DEFLATING THE BALLS DOES NOT MEAN SH!T

Just read where Adam Schefter is reporting that the league is finding it difficult to obtain evidence that the patriots altered the footballs during the game

Knock me over with a feather. Like Masterminds said; this could have been done far more cleverly - but we all know that they were manipulated, and that's the point.

Whatever happens from here, I'm fine with the Karma that has been established.

good grief. You'd hide in your own balloon knot if it meant avoiding the obvious, wouldn't you? :lol:

Indy balls had the proper air in them. Patriots balls did not. Do the math.

No, on second thought, don't do the math. Let someone who can do math do the math.

This is the one report I've seen that claims Indy's balls were also tested at the half and found in compliance;

ESPN Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City reported that the Patriots' footballs were tested at the half, reinflated at that time when they were found to be low, then put back in play for the second half, and then tested again after the game. The report did not reveal the results of the test following the game. All of the balls the Colts used met standards, according to the report.

Subsequent reports have said that the Patriots balls were NOT put back into play, but rather that they used backup balls in the second half, which I would say brings the accuracy of the whole report into question. Not that anyone really cares about accuracy.

Sounds like it was Brady. http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/01/22/report-tom-brady-tells-teammates-behind-closed-doors-he-prefers-footballs-a-certain-way/

Again does no one else find it little odd that the Ravens did not say anything when they played? BECAUSE DEFLATING THE BALLS DOES NOT MEAN SH!T

Why the rule, then? :dunno:

Why do it, then? :dunno:

Because Brady is a 7th round draft pick with the hands of a teenage girl, and the same taste in footwear. :first:

Explaining the Ravens is simple. They didn't want to be petty and a narc, but they also wanted to warn Indy. Karma, she be biotchy.

• Like 1

So mensas whole integrity charade goes out the window when Rogers over inflated balls do not get deflated by the refs. :lol:

big whoop, no different than rogers preferring his over inflated.

Because Brady is a 7th round draft pick with the hands of a teenage girl, and the same taste in footwear. :first:

Explaining the Ravens is simple. They didn't want to be petty and a narc, but they also wanted to warn Indy. Karma, she be biotchy.

Exactly the Ravens are rats and just want to see Pats get in trouble. Again if the Ravens thought it gave the Pats any advantage they would have said something then. So they are rats or complete idiots actually both

Thats like saying we knew the pitcher was doctoring the ball vs us but didnt say anything and told their next opponent to watch out for it because we saw them doing it. STUPID

So it was Brady the whole time.

BAN HIM IN THE SUPERBOWL GAME. LET JIMMY RUN THE SHOW. :banana:

Imagine if Jimmy goes bonkers and win the superbowl? How fitting.

even funnier is the eagles being 9-3 and missing the playoffs :lol:

The Eagles have never gone 9-3, so not sure what you are talking about.

Face it: your team is a bunch of cheaters that can't win unless they are breaking the rules. They shall now be known as the New England Asterisks.

The Eagles have never gone 9-3, so not sure what you are talking about.

Face it: your team is a bunch of cheaters that can't win unless they are breaking the rules. They shall now be known as the New England Asterisks.

The Eagles were 9-3 after beating the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, then went 1-3 to miss the playoffs. HTH.

Maybe because they didn't :dunno:

This is the one report I've seen that claims Indy's balls were also tested at the half and found in compliance;

Subsequent reports have said that the Patriots balls were NOT put back into play, but rather that they used backup balls in the second half, which I would say brings the accuracy of the whole report into question. Not that anyone really cares about accuracy.

But see that doesn't actually say Indy's balls were tested at the half. It says they "met standards"--but when? Could well be before the game

BAN HIM!

The Eagles were 9-3 after beating the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, then went 1-3 to miss the playoffs. HTH.

Thanks, got it, I am slow at times.

Not an Eagles fan so much anymore, they lost me when they let Reggie walk. This is the first year I didn't have any Eagles players on any of my fantasy teams.

I spend a good bit of time on fantasy and more money than I should on fanduel. To think the whole thing is rigged by a bunch of cheaters definitely has me rethinking how much time I spend on pro football in the future.

You would think the balls would be just a tad warm if you did that. But pretty damn good idea. :thumbsup:

True. It would depend on the timing of when the hot air is put in the ball and when it is touched as well as the heat transfer properties of the rubber and leather that the football is made of.

Yeah I think there were faulty balls only affecting one team. Where would evidence be? It's a stinking 1.5 inch $1.00 needle from Kmart.

Needle in a haystack.

http://i.imgur.com/XUX0Nx3.jpg

• Like 1

OK I figured Brady was gonna say he had them worked the way he instructed equipment guys. Don't see any reason he would get up and flat out lie to everyone.

Why has league not questioned him? So what happened? Would the league now admit the refs OKd the balls without checking the specs?

OK I figured Brady was gonna say he had them worked the way he instructed equipment guys. Don't see any reason he would get up and flat out lie to everyone.

Why has league not questioned him? So what happened? Would the league now admit the refs OKd the balls without checking the specs?

Honestly? I think that's exactly what happened. The refs didn't do a good job of checking the bald prior to the game. Probably did a "feels good to me" test on them and that was the end of it

So mensas whole integrity charade goes out the window when Rogers over inflated balls do not get deflated by the refs. :lol:

Wut? Are you smokin', sunshine?

I know...to NE fans, integrity is a charade. I'm sure that's why you guys feel like you can get away with this sort of crap.

I think that if the balls are submitted to the refs for approval, and they get approved, then the standard is that you're playing with what was approved. Everyone does that.

What happened with NE isn't even nuance, so you really don't have an excuse for being obtuse. NE altered balls after the refs had approved the balls. They were altered because - apparently - it was known that Tom Brady has itsy teensy tiny mitties, and he can't grip a man sized ball. :lol:

Now be a good fella and go play in traffic. :lol:

Thats like saying we knew the pitcher was doctoring the ball vs us but didnt say anything and told their next opponent to watch out for it because we saw them doing it. STUPID

Possible, but it is also possible that they had no evidence other than what they personally experienced, and wanted to prepare Indy to catch NE in the act, as they apparently did.

Wut? Are you smokin', sunshine?

I think that if the balls are submitted to the refs for approval, and they get approved, then the standard is that you're playing with what was approved. Everyone does that.

What happened with NE isn't even nuance, so you really don't have an excuse for being obtuse. NE altered balls after the refs had approved the balls. They were altered because - apparently - it was known that Tom Brady has itsy teensy tiny mitties, and he can't grip a man sized ball. :lol:

Now be a good fella and go play in traffic. :lol:

We don't know that they were manipulated after they were approved. Not trying to defend anyone here but if the nfl is having difficulty gathering evidence isn't it likely that the refs didn't do a good job of checking the balls? Maybe they just did the "these seems good" test without really thoroughly checking them? That's also a possibility. I'd say just wait for the results to come out. If they do find evidence they manipulated them then call them cheaters

We don't know that they were manipulated after they were approved. Not trying to defend anyone here but if the nfl is having difficulty gathering evidence isn't it likely that the refs didn't do a good job of checking the balls? Maybe they just did the "these seems good" test without really thoroughly checking them? That's also a possibility. I'd say just wait for the results to come out. If they do find evidence they manipulated them then call them cheaters

Hold on - I'd read that the balls were definitely changed after the refs had approved them, but they simply couldn't find evidence of who tampered with them. Where are you reading something different?

Yeah, I'm sure the refs are gonna half-ass their job for the AFC Championship game. :doh:

Face facts, the Cheatriots have a history of cheating. They got caught again. Deal with it

Hold on - I'd read that the balls were definitely changed after the refs had approved them, but they simply couldn't find evidence of who tampered with them. Where are you reading something different?

I hadn't read they were definitely changed after they were approved. Only that it "must" have happened. They haven't really seem to check if the inspection was done properly. That's what I'm wondering. Naturally a ref would say of course we did it properly but they need to investigate all angles here if they can't locate evidence they were altered after the inspection

I must say, hats off to the Seahawks and their fans for remaining above the fray in all this. Far, far classier than the Ravens and Colts in that respect (and probably all others) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I must say, hats off to the Seahawks and their fans for remaining above the fray in all this. Far, far classier than the Ravens and Colts in that respect (and probably all others) :thumbsup:

true dat :cheers:

Well, the Seahawks have the opportunity to take a far more meaningful shot at NE.

So did the Colts and the Ravens :lol:

Now the Colts guy who made the INT said he never said the ball felt differ? Something smells like BS here? Witch hunt?

Now the Colts guy who made the INT said he never said the ball felt differ? Something smells like BS here? Witch hunt?

Where did he say that? Cause if he's now changing his story then it really does sound fishy