Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

The ***Official*** Super Bowl XLIX Thread

The only good thing about that game was I had 4 and 4 in a $40 a square pot. :banana:

As a person who didn't have a dog in the fight as not a fan of either team, it was a very entertaining game. High caliber football all the way up to the botched play at 2nd and Goal at the one. It's why that play was so awful. All these great plays from both teams, then the ultimate dummy mistake at the very end. It's like the LOST TV series. Fantastic, then just a dud ending. I'm not trying to take away anything from that back up safety who intercepted the ball. He was in tears and it was awesome for him, not a Pats fan at all, but it was hard not to be happy for that kid. However after the game, as person just watching, it simply felt like the Seahawks lost the game away, not that the Patriots won it. Ugh. As a football fan you just hate to see an epic game like that end on one team just giving it away.

Pretty stupid post IMO. Malcolm Butler made an amazing play to jump that route and secure the game-winning INT. Give him some credit

If SEA doesn't have the second luckiest catch in the history of football, they aren't even close.

And that's how ALL these games go - so you can't pick and choose which anomalies to accept - they all count and someone wins, someone loses.

Of course, but my point is that all those catches and plays were done by the players. It was great game of hard tackles, great throws, great catches (i.e. Shane Vareen who was the MVP if you ask me) and so on. It's the reason the air felt let out of the balloon when the deciding play was a bonehead mistake by a coach.

I'm just telling how casual NFL fan who I was watching the game with and talked to today at work felt.

Look, Butler made a fantasic play....but it was a play that never should have happened. Everybody watching the game knows this.

It shouldn't take anything away for the win. The Pats won. Brady played well. Edleman and Vareen played lights out. You should be happy.

I'm just saying, watching an epic game end by a bonehead coaching decision is a "ugh" and "blah" ending that just leaves some sort of weird let down.

I'm actually glad New England won. I was pulling for Seattle going in. Everyone knows how I feel about the Patriot organization. Always looking for an edge. even if they have to push or even break the rules. Despite the fact that I hate Sherman and Lynch, I still was hoping Belichick and Brady got beat again for the third straight time.

But as the game progressed, and Baldwin pretended to pee on the ball, and Sherman did his "24" routine, and then the Seahawks started that fight at the end, I just realized that I can never root for a team of thugs and idiots again. The Patriots may not be totally above-board, but at least they have sportsmanship and class on the field. Seattle plays like they were assembled from a band of convicts who have no social skills. Russell Wilson aside, the entire roster of the Seahawks would all be in prison if it weren't for their natural talent.

• Like 1

Of course, but my point is that all those catches and plays were done by the players. It was great game of hard tackles, great throws, great catches (i.e. Shane Vareen who was the MVP if you ask me) and so on. It's the reason the air felt let out of the balloon when the deciding play was a bonehead mistake by a coach.

I'm just telling how casual NFL fan who I was watching the game with and talked to today at work felt.

Look, Butler made a fantasic play....but it was a play that never should have happened. Everybody watching the game knows this.

It shouldn't take anything away for the win. The Pats won. Brady played well. Edleman and Vareen played lights out. You should be happy.

I'm just saying, watching an epic game end by a bonehead coaching decision is a "ugh" and "blah" ending that just leaves some sort of weird let down.

Isn't Malcolm Butler a player? Did I miss something?

And it's pretty focking stupid anyway. You can play the ifs ands or buts game all day. What if Brady didn't throw that first pick? What if Kearse catches that pass that he nearly had? What if Kearse DOESN'T get that ridiculous circus catch? What if Jeremy Lane didn't get knocked out of the game for the Seahawks? It goes on and on and on - you can't just cherry pick a play :doh:

As a person who didn't have a dog in the fight as not a fan of either team, it was a very entertaining game. High caliber football all the way up to the botched play at 2nd and Goal at the one. It's why that play was so awful. All these great plays from both teams, then the ultimate dummy mistake at the very end. It's like the LOST TV series. Fantastic, then just a dud ending. I'm not trying to take away anything from that back up safety who intercepted the ball. He was in tears and it was awesome for him, not a Pats fan at all, but it was hard not to be happy for that kid. However after the game, as person just watching, it simply felt like the Seahawks lost the game away, not that the Patriots won it. Ugh. As a football fan you just hate to see an epic game like that end on one team just giving it away.

That's not how I felt. Going in I didn't care who would win. I found the game tight and well played, the ending equal parts exhilarating and tragic and surely memorable. I don't feel cheated in the slightest. I was wholly entertained.

I did have a rooting interest but it was FF related, not contingent on the W/L. And that roller coaster of emotional investment also helped.

I was wholly entertained.

Whoever said anything contrary to that? It was an EPIC game and extremely entertaining.

The small party I was with were going grazy as Brady marched them down and scored. Then Russell threw that pass to Lynch before the two minute timeout. Then the long perfect pass and bobbled catch. We were going crazy and saying "can you believe this game?". Then they line up at the one and threw pass, to the middle of the field, for a pick. The whole room just looked at each other and said "Can you believe they did that?" "That was so stupid" "WTF????" and the air went ouf of the balloon in the room. It was a weird, letdown ending to a fantastic game.

BTW Tom Brady's fourth quarter stats:

13/15, 124 yards, 2 touchdowns

A living legend puts together one of the best quarters of his career to lead his team to a dramatic come from behind victory...and KSB is unimpressed! :lol: :doh:

I'm actually glad New England won. I was pulling for Seattle going in. Everyone knows how I feel about the Patriot organization. Always looking for an edge. even if they have to push or even break the rules. Despite the fact that I hate Sherman and Lynch, I still was hoping Belichick and Brady got beat again for the third straight time.

But as the game progressed, and Baldwin pretended to pee on the ball, and Sherman did his "24" routine, and then the Seahawks started that fight at the end, I just realized that I can never root for a team of thugs and idiots again. The Patriots may not be totally above-board, but at least they have sportsmanship and class on the field. Seattle plays like they were assembled from a band of convicts who have no social skills. Russell Wilson aside, the entire roster of the Seahawks would all be in prison if it weren't for their natural talent.

:thumbsup:

A living legend puts together one of the best quarters of his career to lead his team to a dramatic come from behind victory...and KSB is unimpressed! :lol: :doh:

Down by 10 against the best defense in the league. Don't forget those parts. TFB. :thumbsup:

Whoever said anything contrary to that? It was an EPIC game and extremely entertaining.

The small party I was with were going grazy as Brady marched them down and scored. Then Russell threw that pass to Lynch before the two minute timeout. Then the long perfect pass and bobbled catch. We were going crazy and saying "can you believe this game?". Then they line up at the one and threw pass, to the middle of the field, for a pick. The whole room just looked at each other and said "Can you believe they did that?" "That was so stupid" "WTF????" and the air went ouf of the balloon in the room. It was a weird ending to a fantastic game.

Lol I missed all of that. I left midway through the 4th to teach my class and thought for sure the game would be over when I got back. Instead, I saw Seattle was down 4 with the ball on the one, 2nd down... I was trying to get updated on everything -not caring who would even win- doing math on Geek Club Playoff sure that I needed a Marshawn TD, blown up when I didn't get on, estimating I'd lost, then knowing I did after crunching the #s. Then realizing that Lynch actually had a reception in there that I hadn't noticed (and still haven't seen the highlight) and that I'd won after all.

Then they threw pass, for a pick... and the air went ouf of the balloon in the room.

that's not what happened to the air in my balloon! I'm sorry you weren't rooting for NE

he's a clown

that's now what happened to the air in my balloon! I'm sorry you weren't rooting for NE

Of course not, I'm speaking about casual / neutral NFL football fan. I'm sure Patriot fans were going crazy as you should have been. BTW I really didn't care who won that game, I just wanted to be entertained. I dislike the Seahawks as much, if not more than the Patriots.

However this game will be defined by that coaching decision. It just will. And it was a "WTF, how stupid was that?" moment.

that's not what happened to the air in my balloon! I'm sorry you weren't rooting for NE

We've all become gauge-wielding air pressure experts by this point. My balloon popped.

Of course not, I'm speaking about casual / neutral NFL football fan. I'm sure Patriot fans were going crazy as you should have been. BTW I really didn't care who won that game, I just wanted to be entertained. I dislike the Seahawks as much, if not more than the Patriots.

However this game will be defined by that coaching decision. It just will. And it was a "WTF, how stupid was that?" moment.

Same here. As soon as that play happened our immediate reaction was, WTF!? How can you call that play/make that pass? It was a great play by the DB....but for some fans without a rooting interest, the bad call overshadowed the great play.

Patriot fans can't just root for their team. They whine when you don't root for them too. Thus one of the reasons they're hated.

Same here. As soon as that play happened our immediate reaction was, WTF!? How can you call that play/make that pass? It was a great play by the DB....but for some fans without a rooting interest, the bad call overshadowed the great play.

Patriot fans can't just root for their team. They whine when you don't root for them too. Thus one of the reasons they're hated.

you mad bro ?

:lol:

Malcom Butler played 0 plays against the Ravens and only 14 against the Colts.

About time Bill got his head out of his arse and took Arrington out.

WOW he blows.

My rooting interest was having 2 in a $250 quarter pot,stupid play or not that 28-24 final put a little extra jingle in my pocket today. :thumbsup:

Oh and congrats Pats fans,it must be focking nice,I hope I can experience just one someday.

Maybe you'll remember it that way, but that's unfortunate for you :dunno: