Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Friday Music Thread- Great One Hit Wonders

- man, that 'Cool Like That' sh1t is as despicable as any scourge ever visited upon mankind.

FOCK that noise. jagoffs -

hth

- man, that 'Cool Like That' sh1t is as despicable as any scourge ever visited upon mankind.

hth

:huh: :blink: :unsure: WTF??? :dunno:

Young MC bust a move

His second album was titled 'return of the one hit wonder'

:huh: :blink: :unsure: WTF??? :dunno:

- taste is subjective, true ... but that is one fockin' miserable, ridiculous piece of garbage.

wtf kinda sick, delusional bastid would actually go outta their way to torture the ears with such tripe?

IT SUCK LIKE DAT

IT PIECE OF SH1T LIKE DAT

hth

hth

You ain't no cool cat homie

- taste is subjective, true ... but that is one fockin' miserable, ridiculous piece of garbage.

wtf kinda sick, delusional bastid would actually go outta their way to torture the ears with such tripe?

IT SUCK LIKE DAT

IT PIECE OF SH1T LIKE DAT

hth

I still have NO idea wtf you are trying to say. :dunno:

Going way back....

Robin McNamara- Lay a Little Lovin On Me

Mouth & McNeil- How Do You Do

Triumph - not a one hit wonder. Great band, saw them in concert a few times, but no hits.

Cage the Elephant - not a one hit wonder. a few hits the past few years. Most recent album is up for a Grammy.

Digable Planets - I love that song.

Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio

• Like 1

Scandal also had a hit with Goodbye To You a year or two earlier.

oops, my bad

- here are the forerunners of ABBA ... Edgar Allan Poe on drums .... BBC cameraman zooms on Bowie haircut chick's hot pants ... bunch of Brit kids 'dancing' about like zombies ... the vid should be in a time capsule of cheeeeeezy 70's goo -

Yaz was really just Vince Clark, who left Depeche Mode due to creative differences. He wrote and recorded the entire album, with the only instrument being his keyboards. He then hired vocalist Alison Moyet to lay down the vocals.

Yaz was really just Vince Clark, who left Depeche Mode due to creative differences. He wrote and recorded the entire album, with the only instrument being his keyboards. He then hired vocalist Alison Moyet to lay down the vocals.

I would've thought Only You would be much more popular.

My favorite musician would probably be classified as a One Hit Wonder;

Great song he also had Guitar Town which I like,just don't know if it charted.

Great song he also had Guitar Town which I like,just don't know if it charted.

:thumbsup:

One of my favorites. I looked and it did go to #20 on the pop charts, and #7 on the country charts. I was surprised it hit the pop charts. Copperhead Road went to #10 pop and never hit the country charts.

I would've thought Only You would be much more popular.

Only You is a much better song, but it didn't crack the top 40 in the US. Neither did Situation for that matter. But Situation went to #1 on the Billboard US Dance Chart. It might be a tossup. But I bet there's a large portion who never heard of either. I had Upstairs at Eric's both on vinyl and cd. Great album if you like new wave/synthesis stuff.

Are we just talking hits on the pop charts or any chart?

For instance this song was #1 on the pop charts, but he has had many other #1 hits on the jazz charts...

Only You is a much better song, but it didn't crack the top 40 in the US. Neither did Situation for that matter. But Situation went to #1 on the Billboard US Dance Chart. It might be a tossup. But I bet there's a large portion who never heard of either. I had Upstairs at Eric's both on vinyl and cd. Great album if you like new wave/synthesis stuff.

I still listen to it occasionally,also had their 2nd project at one time(lost in a fire) but damned if I can remember one song on it.

Are we just talking hits on the pop charts or any chart?

For instance this song was #1 on the pop charts, but he has had many other #1 hits on the jazz charts...

That would definitely qualify