Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Moving from Atlanta to Austin, Dallas or Houston, you choose!

Austin's traffic problems cannot be overstated. It is a horrible place for traffic. The population far exceeds the infrastructure at this point.

Otherwise, I would agree that it's a pretty nice place if you like cities. I'm not a city guy, though.

Austin's traffic problems cannot be overstated. It is a horrible place for traffic. The population far exceeds the infrastructure at this point.

Otherwise, I would agree that it's a pretty nice place if you like cities. I'm not a city guy, though.

peenie will probably have a hard time believing that the traffic is worse in both Houston and Austin that it is in Atlanta.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/10-cities-with-the-worst-rush-hour-traffic-115396182922.html

:thumbsup:

Houston has the best cost of living, the most diverse economy and people are a lot nicer than the snobs in Dallas.

You're kidding right? Out of those three Austin has the best traffic. Houston and Dallas are a nightmare for traffic. If I ever have to pass through those two cities during rush hour I just elect to stop for a few hours at a restaurant and wait. Austin I can at least get through in a decent amount of time

You're kidding right? Out of those three Austin has the best traffic. Houston and Dallas are a nightmare for traffic. If I ever have to pass through those two cities during rush hour I just elect to stop for a few hours at a restaurant and wait. Austin I can at least get through in a decent amount of time

What are you, stoned? Dallas traffic can be bad at times, but Austin is a focking nightmare 24/7.

What are you, stoned? Dallas traffic can be bad at times, but Austin is a focking nightmare 24/7.

You must be. Austin traffic can be bad but out of those three it is by far the best

You must be. Austin traffic can be bad but out of those three it is by far the best

I've lived in the Metroplex my entire life and have traveled back and forth, and in, Austin for 45 years. You are crazy.

Agree. You're insane, dude. Austin's population exceeds its infrastructure x 10. Austin may have the worst traffic problem on the planet.

In Texas, Austin has the worst traffic. I still think that LA and San Fran have worse traffic. DC is up there in my opinion depending on where you are. I think those places have it bad and I am used to Boston traffic.

It's gotta be where you guys are at then in Austin cause where I'm traveling it's bad but not Dallas or Houston bad

Nobody drives in New York, there's too much traffic.

I see a lot of people in Austin riding bikes. If I lived there I definitely would. San Antobio sucks for bikers though

I used to live in California. There has never, ever, never, ever, ever, ever, ever, been worse traffic than in Los Angeles.

God forbid you work outside of Los Angeles and have to drive in. It's absolutely unbelievable.

I moved within walking distance to my job so that I could stop commuting the total 64 miles to and from work (Woodstock to Atlanta) everyday.

I hate traffic and will simply commute to work. They have trains, right?

I can-not do traffic. It's a life waster.

I used to live in California. There has never, ever, never, ever, ever, ever, ever, been worse traffic than in Los Angeles.

God forbid you work outside of Los Angeles and have to drive in. It's absolutely unbelievable.

I moved within walking distance to my job so that I could stop commuting the total 64 miles to and from work (Woodstock to Atlanta) everyday.

I hate traffic and will simply commute to work. They have trains, right?

I can-not do traffic. It's a life waster.

Very limited trains in Houston and Dallas, there isn't one in Austin. Texas sucks for mass transit.

I moved to Houston from Germany, where trains are everywhere. I lived in the burbs, when I got my apartment, I asked them where the train stop was, might as well asked them if my second head was growing in, they looked at me like I was crazy.

Very limited trains in Houston and Dallas, there isn't one in Austin. Texas sucks for mass transit.

I moved to Houston from Germany, where trains are everywhere. I lived in the burbs, when I got my apartment, I asked them where the train stop was, might as well asked them if my second head was growing in, they looked at me like I was crazy.

:thumbsup:

And the only bus service that doesn't blow goats is the park and ride service to downtown.

I lived in Dallas/Plano for 12 years. Other than a higher than average number of hot chicks per capita, there's nothing spectacular about it.

The landscape is flat and dry, it's hotter than hades in the summer, and there are lots of fake plastic people.

The upsides are that you can play golf pretty much year round, the restaurants are pretty damned good and you've got the Mavericks, Rangers and Cowboys to root for.