Sign in to follow this  
DankNuggs

Least versatile condiment

They go well with a sammy :dunno:

:thumbsup:

They go great with cold sammies, not so much hot.

are pickles a condiment anyway?

ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, dressing etc. That is a condiment.

Pickles have been getting knocked hard here with the anti-tarter, anti-relish crow...

Shotsup gave the headsup on the grillos pickles.. get the hot ones, really good.

Fock no. Pickles are a topping, or even a garnish, not a condiment! Jesus people. :doh:

ranch dressing

blech!

Ranch dressing is the creamy child of a train run on a leprous cripple. Ranch dressing is disgusting, it’s a malapropism for pants messing, which, coincidentally, is what it looks like. People voluntarily cover their food in something that looks like peppered semen and tastes like jellied shame. Ranch dressing tastes like horseradish smells. According to the findings of a study that doesn’t exist, the average American will consume 4.6 gallons of the white unspeakable a year, while the accepted average amount for consumption by straight people 0.8 gallons a year, which means that everyone who likes ranch dressing should die of AIDS.

Well said

Fock no. Pickles are a topping, or even a garnish, not a condiment! Jesus people. :doh:

The origin of the word condiment is from the Latin condimentum, from condire "to pickle".

So not only are pickles condiments, they are the original condiment.

So fock off!!!

:angry:

Tartar sauce is the debbil's mucus.

if you eat fried seafood and do not use tartar sauce, you ARE the debbil.

The origin of the word condiment is from the Latin condimentum, from condire "to pickle".

So fock off!!!

Wow, this thread has gone classical language... Impressive!

Spes sibi quisque

So fock off!!!

Pfft, the Latins, what do they know? When was the last time you ate Latin food?

So fock off!!!

I think this warrants further discussion.

I say anything that is generally eaten as a stand alone item can't be considered a condiment.

Nobody eats spoonfuls of ketchup, mustard, mayo, tartar or cocktail sauce. Whereas olives, pickles, peppers and pickled peppers are often eaten straight outta the jar.

Onions really throw a monkey wrench into the mix since they're rarely eaten as a stand alone item. When chopped, they perform like a condiment and are usually available as hot dog fixins. But, they're used in so many other ways, both cooked and raw that they can't be considered a condiment.

if you eat fried seafood and do not use tartar sauce, you ARE the debbil.

Malt vinegar and salt with fish and chips. Cocktail sauce for the occasional fried shrimp or clam.

I say anything that is generally eaten as a stand alone item can't be considered a condiment.

Nobody eats spoonfuls of ketchup, mustard, mayo, tartar or cocktail sauce. Whereas olives, pickles, peppers and pickled peppers are often eaten straight outta the jar.

Onions really throw a monkey wrench into the mix since they're rarely eaten as a stand alone item. When chopped, they perform like a condiment and are usually available as hot dog fixins. But, they're used in so many other ways, both cooked and raw that they can't be considered a condiment.

If it can't be smeared, it is not a condiment IMO... Smearage is a requirement.

• Like 1

I am going to side with Frank on this one. You may choose to eat pickles and olives and anchovies, but they are meant to compliment food.

I am going to side with Frank on this one. You may choose to eat pickles and olives and anchovies, but they are meant to compliment food.

caramelized onions are a condiment? Timmy....you've gone off the deep end here... i'll throw out the buoy and tow you back in...

So fock off!!!

I think in this case, we have to go with the definition, not the origin. The definition I found is...

something (such as salt, mustard, or ketchup) that is added to food to give it more flavor

Either way, the ruling on the field stands. Pickles are in play!

Furthermore

If you're a minimalist, cocktail sauce and tartar sauce are actually extremely versatile, because it's 2 condiments disguised as 4. Let's say you like to put mayonnaise and relish on your burger. Boom, just use tartar. And then you've got it on hand for your fish. Ditto for cocktail sauce.

caramelized onions are a condiment? Timmy....you've gone off the deep end here... i'll throw out the buoy and tow you back in...

I am not Webster's on the condiment front, but sure, I can see caramelized onions as a condiment. Plain onions are not.

More on ranch...

If someone ate this horrific concoction in the 1800s they’d be burned at the stake for witchcraft and treason. Not even North Koreans would eat this , and North Koreans put sawdust in their bread dough to make it last longer and are led by a guy that looks like Psy after a stroke.

:lol:

Between this and the Star Wars draft... I think both my ovaries died.

Condiments are made, not grown.

Winnah!

All that spermicide hadn't killed them already?

• Like 1

Well at least some good came out of it.

fluff. is that a condiment? i couldnt stand the kids in grade school that brought that for lunch

They did years ago, ms. Fall out shelter uterus.

So if we pulled them out and put them on a sammich, would they be a condiment?

Got to be cocktail sauce - I could use tartar on a few different varieties of fish, crab cake etc. but cocktail sauce is only for cold shrimp cocktail.

Once you find a condiment that can only be used on 1 thing that's pretty much the winner.

fluff. is that a condiment? i couldnt stand the kids in grade school that brought that for lunch

when I ate fluff, it was mostly with a spoon right out of the vat.

Fock if that stuff wasn't impossible to detect on your face. is much easier.

when I ate fluff, it was mostly with a spoon right out of the vat.

Fock if that stuff wasn't impossible to detect on your face. ###### is much easier.

it was always the strange kids in school that had that sh;t. i guess they had it on sammich with peanut butter or something. that and nutella...always thought were focking weird

Uses for cocktail sauce:

On raw oysters.

With any fried seafood.

A topping for meat loaf.

Ingredient in BBQ sauce.

Ingredient in Steak sauce.

Combine with grape jelly and reduce. Add cocktail sausages or meatballs.

Combine with cream cheese and jumbo lump crab meat for a dip.

Not a bad addition to a bloody mary.

Combine with orange preserves or marmalade to make glazes for pork.

• Like 1

They did years ago, ms. Fall out shelter uterus.

:nono: Technically it's more of a fall in shelter. :ninja:

it was always the strange kids in school that had that sh;t. i guess they had it on sammich with peanut butter or something. that and nutella...always thought were focking weird

Was nutella around in the 70s and 80s?

Last time I touched fluff was probably 1985