Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Who are you avoiding?

We always have a lot of sleepers and target threads, but who are you avoiding entirely and why?

I'll start with a few

Foster-obvious on this one

Jonathan Stewart- continued injury risk who is pulled at the goal line

Peyton Manning- I don't trust his arm to get through the season

DeSean Jackson- too streaky to feel comfortable starting every week

CJ Anderson: Denver's RB situation the past few years means I'm not spending a first round pick on one.

DeMarco Murray: Too many strikes against him (too many carries, new team, new (not ungodly) line.

Peyton Manning: 4th is a little high for his risk.

TY Hilton: Too inconsistent and too many mouths to feed in Indy

Julius Thomas: I think Manning made him.

All the top rbs and wrs. They are all busts, or at least the ones you pick will. Just take Luck and Gronk then get lotto tickets like CJ, Hill and ODB last year who are the ones that really win your league. Or you could draft normally and then just eventually lose in the playoffs to the guys who lucked into those type of guys anyway. Yes im bitter.

• Like 1

Not touching Odell I would rather Grab A.J.Green, Jordy, Calvin etc.

Not touching Forte. New coach,getting old and a weak team.

Not touching JStew Carolina backs loose TD's to Cam.

Not touching Maclin. He's a Andy Reid receiver nuff said.

Not touching Cam he just sucks.

DeAndre Hopkins - With Foster out and a crappy QBs I am avoiding all Texans. JJ Watt will be the TD leader on that team! Only saving grace is they play in the AFC South.

Idk about Demarco. He is built for Chips system, and Chip payed him a lot of money to make that run game a power run game. He did have a lot of carries, but he is still pretty young without a ton of miles.

We always have a lot of sleepers and target threads, but who are you avoiding entirely and why?

I'll start with a few

Foster-obvious on this one

Jonathan Stewart- continued injury risk who is pulled at the goal line

Peyton Manning- I don't trust his arm to get through the season

DeSean Jackson- too streaky to feel comfortable starting every week

Stewart will get touches and is worth a low 4th high 5th rounder as rb2; want nothing to do w/ Peyton; prophetic on Desean with his sep shoulder. Brees not worth his adp; Gore in a good spot but still not touching.

Stewart will get touches and is worth a low 4th high 5th rounder as rb2; want nothing to do w/ Peyton; prophetic on Desean with his sep shoulder. Brees not worth his adp; Gore in a good spot but still not touching.

Cant count how many times Stewart has been touted as a nice 4th-5th round value and fallen on his face. Hes 3rd in line for Goal line work and injury prone. Hes a prime candidate for my patented "leave off the list altogether" strategy. I dont want to draft him even with the last pick of the draft cuz ill be tempted to start him and get burned. Never again.

Not touching

CJ Anderson

Hill

Manning

Forsett

Hyde

Ellington

Ingram

I wouldn't touch Ingram rather draft Khiry round 10-11 and just wait until week 6 or so

Also Hyde I am not touching bc SF Oline is bad, there D is mediocre, and I don't even know who SF's OC is. Forget those two.

Ellington no way. Good luck predicting which 3 games to use him in for the season

Those 3 are definite DND for me

Cant count how many times Stewart has been touted as a nice 4th-5th round value and fallen on his face. Hes 3rd in line for Goal line work and injury prone. Hes a prime candidate for my patented "leave off the list altogether" strategy. I dont want to draft him even with the last pick of the draft cuz ill be tempted to start him and get burned. Never again.

Exactly. A perennially injured RB who can only do his damage in yardage totals. He's going around the same area as Yeldon and Joique. I'm not crazy about either but I'd gladly take them over JStew.

Exactly. A perennially injured RB who can only do his damage in yardage totals. He's going around the same area as Yeldon and Joique. I'm not crazy about either but I'd gladly take them over JStew.

Joique seems to get dinged up a lot also. I like zenner as a late round flyer since i dont believe abdullah is a back who can carry the load.

Just take Luck and Gronk then get lotto tickets like CJ, Hill and ODB last year who are the ones that really win your league.

Not sure that you are being sarcastic or not, but this is exactly the type of strategy that wins leagues.

I think it's sarcasm because the reason they are called lottery tickets is because they rarely hit.

Well balanced team with depth at RB will always be my philosophy. That gets me into the playoffs and then it's all a craps shoot.

No Jags - EVER!

No Texans this year

No Redskins. Yeah, and that's my homer team. Just don't draft any. I don't believe in the coach and RGIII can only play in a pistol offense and our coach can't coach that because he's not too bright.

I don't get why people wouldn't take Ingram. I had him last year and he was just fine. They lost PT and Graham so he might get more runs and or receptions and time. He was pretty good at his adp last year and I'd be happy to have him again at the right spot.

I don't get why people wouldn't take Ingram. I had him last year and he was just fine. They lost PT and Graham so he might get more runs and or receptions and time. He was pretty good at his adp last year and I'd be happy to have him again at the right spot.

I've got no issues with Ingram this year. He will be kept in my main money league so it's a situation where he's in the back of my mind for my other leagues.

I think it's sarcasm because the reason they are called lottery tickets is because they rarely hit.

Well balanced team with depth at RB will always be my philosophy. That gets me into the playoffs and then it's all a craps shoot.

Mocked with a guy who did zero rb strategy today. He ended up taking 4 wrs in a row with cooper being his 4th. Tevin Coleman was his rb1, Romo was his QB, and his TE was just ok. I dont like that strategy at all. It goes against what i believe in a well balanced team, drafting value, not just a position the first 4 rounds.

Not sure that you are being sarcastic or not, but this is exactly the type of strategy that wins leagues.

Not sarcastic at all. Just the routine zero rb strat of trying to bust proof the top of the draft and hit pay dirt via volume of WR/rb picks. No backup te, no backup qb, no k or Dst, just WR/rbs. It's my preferred strat for back of rnd 1 drafting. Early I still take RB and then WR or qb if one of the 2 fall.

Mocked with a guy who did zero rb strategy today. He ended up taking 4 wrs in a row with cooper being his 4th. Tevin Coleman was his rb1, Romo was his QB, and his TE was just ok. I dont like that strategy at all. It goes against what i believe in a well balanced team, drafting value, not just a position the first 4 rounds.

That's bad and too long to wait for an rb. You can get a far better rb1 than Coleman with zero strat. You can start taking rbs in rnd 3 preferably and get solid guys like Morris, Hyde, Gordon, Gore etc. rnd 4 if a WR fell to you but with Coleman his rb1 he is in trouble. I'd be ok with a stable of something like Joique, Mason, Jennings, ivory or something like that.

It pains me to say, but I'll be avoiding Forte and Brees. I will let other owners overpay for their "name" guys and go after better value. These guys have won many owners many championships, but that ship has sailed already.

I've seen Forte drop to mid to late 2nd round in a lot of drafts. It will be really hard to pass on him at that ADP no?

Forte is being really undervalued. Everyone thinks because trestman left he wont catch passes. He was a 60 catch guy before that, and the offense will run through him

Forte is being really undervalued. Everyone thinks because trestman left he wont catch passes. He was a 60 catch guy before that, and the offense will run through him

Especially now since the ball hog Marshall is gone

Especially now since the ball hog Marshall is gone

Here's my problem with this...because I've actually seen this as a common argument why Forte will continue a bulk amount of catches.

B-Marsh left the Dallas game in the 1st half. During the last five games of the Bears season last year, Forte hit 100 yards from scrimmage ONCE. His YPC was under 3.0. He totaled just two touchdowns in those final five weeks.

Now what exactly has happened in this offense that improves from that slop at the end of the year?

Here's my problem with this...because I've actually seen this as a common argument why Forte will continue a bulk amount of catches.

B-Marsh left the Dallas game in the 1st half. During the last five games of the Bears season last year, Forte hit 100 yards from scrimmage ONCE. His YPC was under 3.0. He totaled just two touchdowns in those final five weeks.

Now what exactly has happened in this offense that improves from that slop at the end of the year?

One thing is Alshon should be healthy. I think he will make defenses more honest. I hope Gace will have the offense running more smoothly. Maybe by having Cutler roll out of the pocket more. Every OC that comes in says they will incorporate roll outs and then never does.

CJ Anderson: Denver's RB situation the past few years means I'm not spending a first round pick on one.

DeMarco Murray: Too many strikes against him (too many carries, new team, new (not ungodly) line.

Peyton Manning: 4th is a little high for his risk.

TY Hilton: Too inconsistent and too many mouths to feed in Indy

Julius Thomas: I think Manning made him.

You may be right about CJ Anderson. I'm not fully sold on him yet. Denver is still a passing offense, and the line could be better.

Murray I'd avoid in the first round and the early 2nd, but if he slips to late 2nd or early 3rd I may give it a go (unlikely)

Hilton seems to be underrated every year. every year he performs. I'm not too worried about him.

You may be right about julius. hes a good player, but I cant see him putting up the numbers he did in Denver.

Everyone is down with Hyde but I think he will get a ton of work with a low YPC average. I bet he will rack up yards and TDs quietly. What other choice does San Fran have but to see what they got in him and rebuild.

Everyone is down with Hyde but I think he will get a ton of work with a low YPC average. I bet he will rack up yards and TDs quietly. What other choice does San Fran have but to see what they got in him and rebuild.

If their defense is as bad as i think it will be, they arent going to be running the ball every game down 20 points just to see what they have in Hyde.

What other choice does San Fran have but to see what they got in him and rebuild.

Kendall Hunter

Yea your right Boldin and Torrey Smith are a better option to lose by 20 than 40.

I see a theme with your posts....

You can't handle any other opinions but your own. Surely you understand that ALL of us are making our best guesses?

Yea your right Boldin and Torrey Smith are a better option to lose by 20 than 40.

See we agree! Boldin and Smith are receivers, which is usually the position that benefits when a team is trying to make up a large deficit quickly. I knew you had some common sense in ya.

Guys I am, and am not, going after:

Forsett - I think you will see more receptions out of him this season. The line is about the same and their new Coordinator made Forte, and every rb prior to him, a top 5 fantasy RB. I think he's a steal for where he's going.

Big Ben - You are seeing this team change.... They still don't have solid play in the Secondary and can be torched for points. He will throw more often than usual and I see him as a top ten fantasy QB in 2015, that's enough for me to wait on a QB (If I can't get to Luck early).

Allen Robinson - I loved him coming out of college and can see him being a 1,000 yard WR this season. Obviously that's not great, but I view him as a much better option than what other people are drafting around his ADP. His ceiling is very high and his floor pretty low with Lee unable to stay on the field.

Amari Cooper - I'm not high on rookies too often, but he's Pro-Ready. He could step in as a legit WR2 this season. For the record, I also drafted Beckham Jr. last season.

Joseph Randle - He has talent. He had talent in college. It's his screwball attitude that slows him down. He's no burner, but he can run between the tackles very well and if they give him the ball, I see him being just as good as Murray, minus a few hundred yards. lol Still a nice choice though.

Forte - I'm not taking him at his current ADP. That line sucks. The team fell apart last season and Forte isn't getting any younger. I still think he's in for a nice season, I just won't take him early.

J. Bell (Detroit) - I'm a bigger fan of Abdullah than I am of Bell. Bell has zero big game potential. He's also hampered by injuries pretty frequently. I don't want to deal with an injury plagued RB in a time share.

Adrian Peterson - If I can't have Bell at number one, I want Charles/Peterson at my number two. Likely Peterson. They have a defense that is highly underrated and in the second year of Norv's offense, when the players tend to take off more....

C.J. Spiller - I'm targeting this guy pretty often. I think his receptions could bring him to the RB2 category in PPR Leagues. Coach knows how to use players like him and I'm betting he's used more as a receiver out of the backfield than a RB.

Nick Foles - Did I need to add him? I'm a Rams homer and our line is BAD. 3 rookies, one second year guy, and one guy who misses an average of 3/4 games per season. Welcome to St. Louis Foles. We'll see you carried out on a stretcher soon.

Russel Wilson - I think he's actually underrated this season. Losing Unger is going to hurt the run game some. He was a top 3 Center. Adding Graham, who may only see 60 receptions, to go with more rushing yards for Wilson, should equal a pretty nice fantasy season.

I'm a Jarvis Landry fan in PPR leagues as well. He does nothing but catch his 5 passes for 50/60 yards per game. Although not great, he's consistent. You need ten points, he'll get you ten to twelve. You need twenty points, he'll get you ten to twelve.

Gronk - I'm officially targeting him in all my leagues. If Brady is suspended the first 4 games, he will be the main focus. Once Brady is back, he'll definitely be the main focus.

Ryan Tannehill - I think he's pretty underrated right now. He could be another guy that surprises and finishes in the top ten. Granted, his success has come mostly against below average defenses, but I'll take a flier on him before most.

Kevin White - I'm not touching him in redraft. I don't see him being a starter as a rookie, nor do I see him having the success as a rookie that some guys drafted below him may have.

Gurley - The Rams drafted him for next year and beyond. They'll go slow with him and see how his knee fares. In redraft, I'll let someone else take him unless he falls wayyyyyyyy down the board. Our line combined with his knee issue = serious letdown.

TJ Yeldon - I like Yeldon. He's going to have some great games in 2015, barring injury. His division sucks against the run, outside of Texas.

Arian Foster - Depending on where he falls, I may take a shot on him now. Each time this guy comes back from an injury, he lights it up. The only problem is if the Texans are already out of it when he returns, they may not want to push him. Depending on where he's taken, it's a high risk, high reward, type of pick. I'd be more comfortable taking him than Todd Gurley in a redraft.

Sneaky guys - Leonard Hankerson in Atlanta and the rookie in Baltimore at WR. Can't spell his name off the top of my head. Perriman? By mid-season, I expect him to be a part of that offense. Gore in Indy. Sure, he's old, but look what mediocre (at best) RB's have done playing with Luck...... A 50+ reception season with 1,200 yards rushing would put him in a damn good spot for where his current ADP is. Andre Johnson is another guy I really like. He could finally hit the TD marks he couldn't hit while playing with crappy QB's in Houston. He's being undervalued, in a big way in my mind, in 2015.

• Like 2

I'll be much more generic here...

Old guys: Every mock draft I've done this season I face two points where Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston and Roddy White are just sitting there, many, many rounds into it and EVERY time I find myself searching for the Charles Johnson, Nelson Agholors and Allen Robinsons of the world. Same with the RBs when Gore and Stewart, I start looking for Yeldon, Abdulah and Gurley. Seems like every time I've gone against my distrust of old guys and drafted one thinking "well, he's just going to be my backup" and then I actually need them about when their old freakin legs go out and they don't do crap. Peyton Manning, Brady and Brees come to mind. I'm not going to go too early on young guys, but I'm not counting on the old legs when I need them.

Brittle guys: Desean Jackson can't make it out of training camp without playing one game before he hurts himself, same with Arian Foster. Darren McFadden had a PRIME opportunity to live up to that 1st round talent but his rubber bands for hamstrings can't make it one week in training camp. Keenan Allen has the opportunity to be THE man in San Diego and I don't trust him any farther than I could throw him becuase he will get hurt. Same thoughts on Bradford and Palmer at QB. If you combine the stats of the Eagles QB's from last season they are a top 10 QB, which bodes well for Bradford. Carson Palmer was on a top 5 pace before getting hurt. Both have to prove it to me before I invest.

Second fiddles WR's auditioning for 1st chair: I am wary of guys like Alshon Jeffrey and DeAndre Hopkins. I say this with the feeling that Alshon Jeffrey may lead the league in targets this year. But both have bad offensive lines, worse QB situations and little-to-no experience in have top corners or double coverage against them because they HAD studs across from them last year. Both those guys will likely be OK, but it's going to take some time for them to adjust to the new pressure of being the go-to guys.

Good RB + bad QB/bad offense/new offense: Matt Forte, please step to the head of the class. Carlos Hyde comes to mind, as does Chris Ivory to a certain extent. Gurley does as well. Forsett does too. The answer against this Marshawn Lynch, but he's a freak who seems to get strong the more he's battered around. It changes some if they are 3 down backs (like Forsett) and in PPR scoring, but on the whole I want a guy who has both good QB and good receiving options around him.

All this isn't to say I have any of these guys on my DND list, or that I'm avoiding them. I'm merely discounting their value a bit as I look at my next pick.

• Like 1

Good RB + bad QB/bad offense/new offense: Matt Forte, please step to the head of the class. Carlos Hyde comes to mind, as does Chris Ivory to a certain extent. Gurley does as well. Forsett does too. The answer against this Marshawn Lynch, but he's a freak who seems to get strong the more he's battered around. It changes some if they are 3 down backs (like Forsett) and in PPR scoring, but on the whole I want a guy who has both good QB and good receiving options around him.

Just a nitpick here, Marshawn plays on one of the best teams in the league with one of the best qbs in the league who was a top 3 Fantasy scorer last year. Just sayin he doesnt fit this example. Id say Arian Foster of last year fits that example much better. Terrible qb, losing team yet still dominates. Great insight on the whole tho.

I see a theme with your posts....

You can't handle any other opinions but your own. Surely you understand that ALL of us are making our best guesses?

This whole time I thought the opposite, I was under the impression the site was for about 12 guys who want to see how many times they can post with main and other ids. I have been playing since around 1991 and maybe every time I post I should not feel such onslaught of people trying to protect it. Ill try to refrain and get with the program if I don't get bored. Even my sarcasm at least had insight that a few might ponder.

Just a nitpick here, Marshawn plays on one of the best teams in the league with one of the best qbs in the league who was a top 3 Fantasy scorer last year. Just sayin he doesnt fit this example. Id say Arian Foster of last year fits that example much better. Terrible qb, losing team yet still dominates. Great insight on the whole tho.

I wasn't giving Wilson enough credit in that statement, as he takes a tremendous amount of pressure off Lynch on his own, even with a sub-par cast of wideouts (which admittedly just got better with Graham). It wasn't so much a criticism of Wilson as QB or the coaching staff, they are just very reserved in their play calling and are a run-first kind of team.

Beyond that, some guys just defy the norm, and that has to be taken into account as well. Marshawn, Adrian Peterson and possibly even Frank Gore. I was reading that Gore has actually had better stats since he turned 28 yrs old AND got stronger over the 2nd half of last season as San Fran's offense got even worse. Some guys are just warriors. Now he gets to go to maybe the best young QB in the league, with a loaded pass catching core, and gets to use his hands as a receiving back again. If he holds up, he could be in for huge numbers.

I also neglected to put McCoy on my "lowered expectations" list. As I mentioned, it was as if Chip Kelly didn't get good QB play of his cast of QB's last season, but McCoy still couldn't produce. Now in Buffalo behind a worse line, with a much worse QB situation and not very good WR core, I don't see him playing up to his draft day cost.

This whole time I thought the opposite, I was under the impression the site was for about 12 guys who want to see how many times they can post with main and other ids. I have been playing since around 1991 and maybe every time I post I should not feel such onslaught of people trying to protect it. Ill try to refrain and get with the program if I don't get bored. Even my sarcasm at least had insight that a few might ponder.

I agree that often times there is an agreement on many players within this group but where I disagree is the way you seem bent out of shape when it differs from your opinion.

You ask questions and then minimize the opinions that aren't in line with yours.

Just an observation.

I agree that often times there is an agreement on many players within this group but where I disagree is the way you seem bent out of shape when it differs from your opinion.

You ask questions and then minimize the opinions that aren't in line with yours.

Just an observation.

I agree with what you said gator. I would look into my take on Hyde reds. Dont mean i am right. I could be dead wrong. But it was a different view than most have on Hyde. Thats what you want right?

I agree with what you said gator. I would look into my take on Hyde reds. Dont mean i am right. I could be dead wrong. But it was a different view than most have on Hyde. Thats what you want right?

Yep, I'm high on Hyde breaking out but that's only going to happen if they play better than they look on paper. I'm banking on the niner team scrapping together a surprising 8-8 season or so.