Sign in to follow this  
thisdman

Not buying CJ Anderson

Can't do it, at least not in round 1. I know he was great after week 10 last year but I can't get past what happened in weeks 1-9. He was beaten out in camp by Ball (kinda sucks) who goes down with a groin in week 5. Wait he wasn't just beat out by Ball he was beat out by Hillman too. If you remember after Ball went down Hillman came in and was killing it until week 10 when he got hurt. Then they go to Anderson. Last season he was evaluated by the same staff to be their 3rd string guy and hardly sniffed the field until 2 guys got hurt. I don't trust him, I'll pass.

Broncos have a new coach .

I agree with all that was posted above. If Hilman doesn't go down he would have continued to put up very good numbers. We wouldn't know about CJ and Hilman would be the first round pick.

I also don't trust this OL at all. I know Kubiak is supposed to be the OL guru but I think this OL is a year away at best. Just too risky for a first round pick in my opinion.

Disagree.

You may not be able to trust which one it's gonna be, but you want the Den RB. Period. So draft CJ and then draft Hillman late. Period. We all know Ball isn't gonna be "the guy" there, but one of the other two will be. And the Den RB rocked last year.

Hillman could be the better value pick . It's going to be interesting . I still think it will be Anderson but Hillman is going to see his share of the load also . So I do agree that Andersons draft value right now is to high and Hillman is the better value .

I heard the same thing before Foster became a household name.

But Foster wasn't a first/early second round pick the year he broke out. Anderson requires a much, much bigger investment.

Hillman could be the better value pick . It's going to be interesting . I still think it will be Anderson but Hillman is going to see his share of the load also . So I do agree that Andersons draft value right now is to high and Hillman is the better value .

It will only be value if you foresee a change or injury. No different than any RB in the league.

Can't ever see a injury that can happen anytime , I just think that Hillman will be on the field more than we think he will be .

- look, we all can talk "new coach" until we're blue in the damn face, but it's Peyton making the final calls there, as far as the offense is concerned ... he needs that comfort level in the backfield ... and both CJA and Hillman proved trustworthy last year.

but it's been a constant state of flux recently, no? McGahee, Moreno, Ball, Hillman, CJA ...

i've already stated on this bored that CJA is some prime fool's gold this year ... props to the dude for ringin' the fockin' bell last year, but not seeing a 2015 repeat :nono:

the kid Hillman is gonna crash an awful lot of fantasy foosball parties this season, and can be had in rd. 14 :banana:

V A L U E

HTH -

:wave:

I heard the same thing before Foster became a household name.

Except... no... Steve Slaton was the 1st round pick that year!! Foster wasn't even drafted by anyone then.... All of us who bought into the Slaton maddness got burned by week 3. This is exactly why I won't touch CJ in the 1st round. If by some miricle he drops well into the 2nd, then sure, it's worth the risk given the upside, but any of those Bronco RBs could be the bellcow this year... and heck... it might be some kid on the practice sqad right now!

Broncos had to give Ball a chance last year, he was a 2nd Round Pick. Hillman only has value if CJ gets hurt.

gee, that's interesting, cuz, ya know ... last year when Ball went down it was Hillman who got the call, and was very productive in his stint as featured back ... CJA only got burn cuz Ronnie went down.

and there's this:

Ronnie Hillman broke out for 54 yards on eight carries in Saturday's preseason game against the Texans.
That gives Hillman 120 yards on 16 carries this preseason. As good as he's looked with the ball in his hands, Hillman has been even better in pass protection, routinely laying defenders out to give Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler more time in the pocket. He's surged past Montee Ball and is now in the driver's seat for backup carries behind starter C.J. Anderson. Aug 22 - 11:10 PM

- look, we all can talk "new coach" until we're blue in the damn face, but it's Peyton making the final calls there, as far as the offense is concerned ... he needs that comfort level in the backfield ... and both CJA and Hillman proved trustworthy last year.

but it's been a constant state of flux recently, no? McGahee, Moreno, Ball, Hillman, CJA ...

i've already stated on this bored that CJA is some prime fool's gold this year ... props to the dude for ringin' the fockin' bell last year, but not seeing a 2015 repeat :nono:

the kid Hillman is gonna crash an awful lot of fantasy foosball parties this season, and can be had in rd. 14 :banana:

V A L U E

HTH -

Different philosophy this year with Kubiak.

I hope CJ falls to me.

gee, that's interesting, cuz, ya know ... last year when Ball went down it was Hillman who got the call, and was very productive in his stint as featured back ... CJA only got burn cuz Ronnie went down.

and there's this:

Ronnie Hillman broke out for 54 yards on eight carries in Saturday's preseason game against the Texans.

That gives Hillman 120 yards on 16 carries this preseason. As good as he's looked with the ball in his hands, Hillman has been even better in pass protection, routinely laying defenders out to give Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler more time in the pocket. He's surged past Montee Ball and is now in the driver's seat for backup carries behind starter C.J. Anderson. Aug 22 - 11:10 PM

This makes my balls tingle. I was actually given a little bit of shlt for taking Hillman in the 10th round yesterday. I knew i would be able to land all of my sleepers the rest of the draft so i figured why not take the back who had the most amount of upside if he gets the chance.

I know its not Kubiaks style, but the team should really go with a full blown rbbc. Both backs work well in the system. There is no reason to feature one over the other.

Go by preseason stats, see where that gets you.

Even if CJ gets hurt, Hillman cant handle full workload.

Like last year in his "stint" he couldn't stay healthy. Missed 16 games in 3 years.

Like last year in his "stint" he couldn't stay healthy. Missed 16 games in 3 years.

Nobody is saying follow them like gospel. It is always nice however to see a player get a lot of love with the first team with good success.

see, here's where you fail in your assesment ... no one is pimpin the kid on preseason stats ... we all know what he's capable of, he showed it last year.

the reason I posted the roto blurb was for the PASS PROTECTION PRAISE ...maybe you need to get a better grasp on who really runs that offense ... like I said earlier, it's Peyton Manning as offensive coordinator, don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise. to that point, the MOST IMPORTANT thing a Peyton rb needs to do is PASS PROTECT, and reading that Hillman is laying people out is 1,000 times more encouraging than any fockin 'stats'

it won't take a CJA injury for Hillman to see increased playing time/touches ... all it will take is one blown assignment in protecting Peyton, and it'll be "OMAHA OMAHA GET ME FOCKIN' RONNIE OUT HERE BEFORE CJ GETS ME KILLED!!!!"

HTH -

V A L U E

HTH -

True that about Manning it is his team .

Not to sure he will need to handle being the number one all season , what I I'm saying is I do see Hillman getting more work than most think he will , I think Anderson value being a first round pick is to high for me and I like Hillman value late in the drafts I have done and mocks that I have done . Manning trust Hillman also makes it Evan more of a possibility he gets more playing time .

Hillman already moving up the boards in mocks. It just seems impossible to keep sleepers asleep since the advent of the interweb-net.

Except... no... Steve Slaton was the 1st round pick that year!! Foster wasn't even drafted by anyone then.... All of us who bought into the Slaton maddness got burned by week 3. This is exactly why I won't touch CJ in the 1st round. If by some miricle he drops well into the 2nd, then sure, it's worth the risk given the upside, but any of those Bronco RBs could be the bellcow this year... and heck... it might be some kid on the practice sqad right now!

That's not true. Foster went in the RD5-7 range (I grabbed him in RD6). There was plenty of buzz around Foster after he closed strong his rookie year and had a great camp.

Everyone knows pass protection is crucial especially with Peyton but those who think Hillman pass protects, is durable or runs anywhere near CJ is in for a rude awakening.

What was Hillman's stint as a starter compared to CJ? Please post those stats.

Everyone knows pass protection is crucial especially with Peyton but those who think Hillman pass protects, is durable or runs anywhere near CJ is in for a rude awakening.

What was Hillman's stint as a starter compared to CJ? Please post those stats.

- hey, here's an idea ... GO FOCKIN GOOGLE IT YOURSELF

HTH -

Does anyone here have Forsett ranked above Anderson? I have a draft in a couple hours and because it's a keeper league I will most likely be faced with Anderson or Forsett as options for pick 6. Praying Forte or Murray or there so I don't have to make that decision.

Guys that cover the Broncos have been high on Anderson since the very beginning...when he was on the practice squad. Saying he was by far the most talented back on the roster but for some reason, he wasn't given a chance. I think it's probably a combination of John Fox not liking to play rookies and pass protection. I think Anderson built up enough equity with his performance at the end of last year to have garnered Peyton's trust. Anderson is a beast. Size, agility, and power. Kubiak scheme should be ideal for him. Concerns of Oline problems are real but that is somewhat mitigated by having Peyton Manning under center. I think CJ ends as top 5 back

Does anyone here have Forsett ranked above Anderson? I have a draft in a couple hours and because it's a keeper league I will most likely be faced with Anderson or Forsett as options for pick 6. Praying Forte or Murray or there so I don't have to make that decision.

I have Forsett above Murray, Forte and CJ

:bandana:

I agree there's a high chance of fockery in Denver like there is every year. I could pull up plenty of talk last year saying Ball was great and CJ just wasn't ready to be an nfl running back. Now our nice cozy rose tinted glasses are on and CJ is Jim Brown all of a sudden. Like I told people last year in my Ball is a bust thread, they love playing mind games over there. Hillman could easily be the guy. Who's behind Ball? That guy could even go for 1200yds this year as far as we know.