Sign in to follow this  
BEARDWN34

Need advice on having 3 players from same team

I have Big Ben and L Bell as keepers and will have a chance to get A Brown in the draft, is this a good idea to have 3 from the Steelers or should I go for J Jones or Gronk for my #1 pick? Thanks

• Like 1

Depends on how good the eggs are .

I have Big Ben and L Bell as keepers and will have a chance to get A Brown in the draft, is this a good idea to have 3 from the Steelers or should I go for J Jones or Gronk for my #1 pick? Thanks

You'd have a stud rb, a stud wr and a very good qb to boot. Other than a bye week issue. What's the problem?

Not to mention, your other 2 alternatives, as great as they are, have injury histories.

I have done ended up this in the past.

But not with QB in the mix, or least as my #1QB.

Problem is, if a key part of that offense goes down. You are not negatively impacted at multiple positions.

Bigger issue, if you are limited to number of FA moves, or if the scraps left are sub par.

Do not go out of your way to do it.

But won't tell you to avoid it if it means to avoid best player available.

I like 3 of them...Ben is a bit tricky...unless you are giving up very little to keep him.

There are few teams where I don't mind having 3 guys at the right value. Consistent offenses and all.

Problem is...when that team hits a wall or just a tough defense you are in trouble. And if Ben misses any time...you lose value big time there.

Too risky for me most of the time.

I'd take Antonio Brown and try to trade Roethlisberger while his perceived value is high. You might be able to upgrade elsewhere and pick up a guy like Eli or something

• Like 1

You'd have a stud rb, a stud wr and a very good qb to boot. Other than a bye week issue. What's the problem?

Not to mention, your other 2 alternatives, as great as they are, have injury histories.

The biggest one being if a defense shuts down the Steelers during fantasy playoffs, that's a huge hole to climb out off.

But I don't worry too much about it. I'll take the top guy on the board. Maybe if they're nearly identical, I'll switch things up.

I rode Rodgers, Lacy and Nelson to the Championships last year. So there is a precedence.

If A Brown is the last remaining piece, yes, I would do it. Same with Bell. Roethlisberger, I might be a little more careful, but I like him too, not just as #1 in his position like A Brown and L Bell.

I say do it!

Thanks for the feedback! Still haven't quite decided yet but good points made by all the responses. Standard scoring so A Brown vs Gronk is about even on expected TD's this year with Gronk maybe having a bigger ceiling if he stays healthy. Brown had 33 red zone targets last year so I know the Steelers will give him the chances as well.

I had it the last 2 years when Denver were blazing.

2013 - I had Manning, J. Thomas and Moreno off the WW. They got me deep in the finals. Didn't work out when Manning played like crap late in the season though.

2014 - I had Manning, Montee Ball, and Thomas again. Didn't work out so well. Ball had 2 shitty weeks, then went down the whole season. Thomas had a few good weeks, then got ignored by Manning for a large part of the season. Scraped into the playoffs by working my ass off on the WW, lost first round.

I don't mind having a WR/QB or TE/QB from the same team if they hook up for regular touchdowns but not the RB on the same team as my QB.

It can make you and break you. When the Pats had that big year. A guy in my league had Brady, Moss, and Welker. He dominated all year long untill the Pats had one bad game in the fantasy playoffs, and he lost to an inferior team.

It can make you and break you. When the Pats had that big year. A guy in my league had Brady, Moss, and Welker. He dominated all year long untill the Pats had one bad game in the fantasy playoffs, and he lost to an inferior team.

Yea if there is ever a time to own three players from the same team that would have been it .

There where times in the eighties some one would draft both Rice and Montana . Rice back then was always picked in the top five . And just think how many points he would have scored if we had PPR leagues oh my .

Sometimes drafting an entire teams receiving corps is good. You always get as many receiving yards as that teams QB throws its a desperate strategy that sometimes works.

In your case go for it those are 3 studs

• Like 1

Think of each player as an individual commodity, not part of a team. It's fine to get those 3 guys. End of the day they are just a number on a stat sheet. Also lol no you dont "get all the yards the QB throws" when you draft a whole wr corps. TE, RBs, other wrs, that's just silly. I'd have no problems playing Ben, brown, bell but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it.

• Like 1

my rule for owning multiple players from the same team is it better be a top 3 offense. packers, steelers, colts fit the bill this year.

I remember that year, the only female in our league was a Patriots fan and was able to grab all three of those guys. Everyone dreaded playing against her and I had what I thought to be the misfortune of playing against her in the playoffs. I thought I didn't have a chance but as you said they had that one bad game and managed to win. Needless to say, I wouldn't be for having three players on the same team. You could dominate all season, end up in the playoffs, then have them take back everything they gave you when it counts the most. That could be said about any random 3 players, but it's much more likely to occur because of 1 bad game by that team.

Definitely roll of the dice could be big or a bust. I agree if it is a top 3 offense it could be profitable for you, but it may take only one injury or issue to de rail your chances. Pouncey is already gone. If Ben gets hurt, you lose your QB and then what happens to Brown with Vick throwing to him? If Bell goes down and there is no running game, does that hammer you?

I think if you can get Julio or Gronk I would diversify as those guys are not too far from Brown and may even end the season higher. If you have no other close options, go for all 3 Steelers. Possible to trade down a spot or two and pick up some value and take whoever is left of those 3 guys?

psst - super secret here:

never roster more than 2 players from the same team!

This is good advice I think.

psst - super secret here:

never roster more than 2 players from the same team!

My secret is...draft the players that will score the most points.

My secret is...draft the players that will score the most points.

122 posts since 2008. Average of 18 posts per year.

Gems like this post? Priceless.