Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Steve Smiff

I didn't find a recent thread on Mr. Smith. The guys been around forever but he's pretty damn consistent with games played and catches. Does he have it for 1 more year as the primary WR in a young receiving core with a pass happy OC?

I just traded for him. Royal and T. Mason for Smiff. I needed a 2 for 1 to clear a roster spot so I could add a kicker.

Steve Smiff could have a career year.....seriously. He is in the perfect spot with little to no competition, Flacco LOVES him, he is savvy, and still has speed and hands. He is the kind of man who wants to go out on top, and will do everything in his power to accomplish that. He is a different cat.

Great value at his current ADP. Regret that I only own him in one league.

• Like 1

Yes. Yes he does.

That's one tough little SOB. The Chuck Norris of the NFL. Smitty goes out with a bang this year. I'll say 1150 yards receiving and 9 TDs.

Yes. Yes he does.

That's one tough little SOB. The Chuck Norris of the NFL. Smitty goes out with a bang this year. I'll say 1150 yards receiving and 9 TDs.

I don't know I'd give him 9 TDs but 1150 yards is certainly within his reach in that scheme. My own projection is 89/1175/5.

He started to wear down at the end of last season. 600 yards 4 TDs in Weeks 1-6 (6 games) then 500 2 TDs in Weeks 7-17 (10 games).

But they don't have many other receiving options. Perriman is behind where he should be and Aiken and Brown are hit and miss.

Although he is tough and Trestman helps. I like him early until Perriman eats into his numbers.

I don't think Perriman is going to be a factor at all. Hasn't played a single preseason snap so when he finally does come back he Still has to get up to game speed. Trestman's offense is gonna make Flacco better and Steve Smiff will be a target monster. His ADP was 8+ rounds. Who else in the 8th round is gonna see 160 targets. Great value

He started to wear down at the end of last season. 600 yards 4 TDs in Weeks 1-6 (6 games) then 500 2 TDs in Weeks 7-17 (10 games).

But they don't have many other receiving options. Perriman is behind where he should be and Aiken and Brown are hit and miss.

Although he is tough and Trestman helps. I like him early until Perriman eats into his numbers.

Agree , he did start to wear down last season and he will again . He should start out strong .

Steve Smiff could have a career year.....seriously. He is in the perfect spot with little to no competition, Flacco LOVES him, he is savvy, and still has speed and hands. He is the kind of man who wants to go out on top, and will do everything in his power to accomplish that. He is a different cat.

Great value at his current ADP. Regret that I only own him in one league.

This ^...

He'll be gold until he breaks down. If he does. Wouldn't start him in Week 1 though.

need a finisher. Not a sprinter. He's useless in the fantasy playoffs.

The season hasn't even started yet. You can't be looking at the playoffs yet. You're not going to make it there if you don't play to win games in the first half of the season. You take the best you can get out there now, and as players start breaking down, surprise stars will start popping up. You draft the best players to start your season and play the waiver wire hard to keep your momentum into the playoffs.

• Like 1

need a finisher. Not a sprinter. He's useless in the fantasy playoffs.

2013-2014 NFL Playoffs - 2 games - 12 catches, 219 yards, 2 TD's

• Like 1

Really like Smith this year, but not liking the week 1 matchup against Denver. Chris Harris won't allow him to get any separation.

Just an FYI on Denver CB Chris Harris: Harris was one of three corners to play more than 500 snaps in coverage and not allow a score in 2014.

Just an FYI on Denver CB Chris Harris: Harris was one of three corners to play more than 500 snaps in coverage and not allow a score in 2014.

That will definitely give Smiff the motivation he needs to destroy him.

If he comes out strong I am going to look to trade him .

Smiths first eight games last season in a non ppr he avg 11.4 points per game , the last eight he avg 6.3 per game , and avg 7.1 last half of you throw on the playoffs . So I hope he comes out swinging I'm going to trade him .

13 yards.

ouch

:shocking:

I was pissed at myself for not taking him at all. But he was probably covered by Talib all night, so I wasnt expecting a big game by any means.

Looks like his down slide is starting early this season .

Abdullah should have been on the trade block after last week , look for a buyer .

Abdullah should have been on the trade block after last week , look for a buyer .

Too late. Once someone has a bad game in the first few weeks they are kryptonite. FF players are so paranoid of busts that it's just what have you done for me lately and that's it. He still led the lions in carries and rush yards with 9. It's painful to see Theo Riddick catch so many balls and score but the lions are just awful. Their coaching, play calling, pretty much everything but their players are just terrible. With a better coach this team would be scary and hard to defend.

Topping his Week 2 10/150/0 performance, he went 13/186/2 in week 3. Any opinions on his value going forward? This is also a not so subtle trade advice question, but I posted it here because is it's a general question: What RB(s) would you give up for him?

I'll take it to the help board if most feel this is inappropriate for this board.

He's the kind of guy that I'm glad I traded for on the cheap because I'm in constant fear he will disappear. I'm honestly not sure I have a good answer for you.

I have him on three teams after this last game I'm going to shop him , can't see his value being any higher than this week .

I have him on three teams after this last game I'm going to shop him , can't see his value being any higher than this week .

This is his last season, his final hurrah. He may go down, but you're going to have to drag the mother off the turf on his shield.

• Like 1