Sign in to follow this  
Boilermaker04

Thursday Night Football expectations

Always perceived as a rough game on fantasy owners.

Who are you sitting for whom? Who are you starting on TNF?

I'm going back and forth with Maclin over Stevie Johnson. I think Maclin is going to be better by end of year but Stevie started out hot and I have concerns having a wr on kc.

I think Peyton and Sanders will get it together tonight.

They just had to knock some of the rust off in that first game.

You can bet Peyton has been working on that and won't let himself get away with misses like those passes last week.

I see Peyton and Sanders having a bounce back week right here.

I think both teams will be very conservative in the first half. Field Goal dual. 6-3 or 9-6 score. Then in the second half I expect them to loosen up a bit. I still don't think there will be a whole lot of offensive TD's. 1 Passing per team and I think Jamal Charles gets in the end zone and KC takes it at home. KC is way too tough at home and this Denver team is nothing like last year's team.

Last year - in KC, they proclaimed Brady was done, finished. They were wrong.

This year - in KC, they will proclaim Manning is done, finished. They will be right.

I'm going back and forth with Maclin over Stevie Johnson. I think Maclin is going to be better by end of year but Stevie started out hot and I have concerns having a wr on kc.

I have both Maclin and Stevie Johnson and might not start either this week. The DEN defense bottled up Steve Smith last week who runs a lot of short and intermediate routes, which is where you'd expect Maclin to be operating with Smith throwing to him. CIN is good at defending against WRs and teams have a tendency to throw to their RBs when playing CIN. Considering how Mariota destroyed TB last week, I'm thinking of tag teaming Brandon Coleman along with Brandin Cooks at my 2 flex spots, figuring that at least one of them should be able to go off. (of course, it will most likely be Cooks)

The theory that stats suffer on Thursday night in unfounded and not true. With that being said. I'm worried about Anderson tonight, no because it's Thursday but because of his injury.

I do think tonight will be a bit low scoring maybe 21-17 type game.

My predictions

Manning- 250 -2 tds

Anderson- 55 yds

Hilman-45 yds

Thomas- 80- 1td

Sanders- 100- 1 td

KC

Smith- 225 yds - 1 td

Charles- 90 total yds

Davi 30 - 1 td

Kelsey- 85- 1 td

Maclin- 75 yds

reports are saying manning will attempt 0 passes and just handoff all game. Hopefully they make it close enough for McManus to hit 5 60 yard field goals. While the defense holds down the fort and holds KC to 13

Baltimore exposed Mannings shortcomings. More of the same from this tough defense

The theory that stats suffer on Thursday night in unfounded and not true. With that being said. I'm worried about Anderson tonight, no because it's Thursday but because of his injury.

I do think tonight will be a bit low scoring maybe 21-17 type game.

My predictions

Manning- 250 -2 tds

Anderson- 55 yds

Hilman-45 yds

Thomas- 80- 1td

Sanders- 100- 1 td

KC

Smith- 225 yds - 1 td

Charles- 90 total yds

Davi 30 - 1 td

Kelsey- 85- 1 td

Maclin- 75 yds

For what it's worth, statistics on the subject

https://m.numberfire.com/nfl/news/3028/do-thursday-night-games-negatively-impact-fantasy-football-performance

I think Denver win, then they become everyone's fantasy darlings again...

McManus probably Den MVP. I'm tempted to start Efiert over Kelce and move jones to flex. Am I crazy? I hate Thursday night game.

35 minutes from kickoff, CJ is not in my lineup.

Thursday night road team history is awful, Arrowhead is a violent cauldron of noise. Doesn't bode well for a rebound for denverO.

If he blows up on my bench, I'll kick myself a little, but it will make me feel better about my 1st round pick.

I'll take my chances with Gore, JStew and Woodhead.

In any case, Kelce should ease my pain.

Thursday night road team history is awful, Arrowhead is a violent cauldron of noise. Doesn't bode well for a rebound for denverO.

If he blows up on my bench, I'll kick myself a little, but it will make me feel better about my 1st round pick.

I started CJ and benched Gore for Sankey Pankey. You should not be playing gore against the Jets. Risky.

Kelce will struggle more than cja if you ask me. Denvers d is legit

cj anderson breaks his ankle. Hillman comes in and is the next coming of Terrell Davis

cj anderson breaks his ankle. Hillman comes in and is the next coming of Terrell Davis

Hillman tried that last year then got injured lol good luck with that.

Not wanting to wish bad things on CJ, but I wouldn't be too upset if that happens.

As a Charles owner I expect him to lose two fumbles....oh good he did it...2 fumbles...check.

Jesus focking Christ.

I think Peyton and Sanders will get it together tonight.

They just had to knock some of the rust off in that first game.

You can bet Peyton has been working on that and won't let himself get away with misses like those passes last week.

I see Peyton and Sanders having a bounce back week right here.

Whaaaaaaeeeet? Ha ha Sanders = Peyton safety valve