Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Donte Moncreif the new #2 in Indy

Should have just resigned Wayne and kept the locker room intact. If your going to pay a wore-out receiver might has well be your own HOFer.

Looks official. AJ is done.

No question it sure does look like it .

There is that one last hurdle....the coach Pagano hurdle. It was so obvious last year that the torch should have been passed to Moncrief and yet Wayne got the playing time (this also happened with T-Rich vs Bradshaw some). When Hilton is fully healthy there's still that 'Pagano' chance we see more of AJ than Moncrief.

There is that one last hurdle....the coach Pagano hurdle. It was so obvious last year that the torch should have been passed to Moncrief and yet Wayne got the playing time (this also happened with T-Rich vs Bradshaw some). When Hilton is fully healthy there's still that 'Pagano' chance we see more of AJ than Moncr

It should help that they are 0-2

Moncrief is the best all around WR on the team .But, since the Colts play bowling pins over the next 3 weeks the suck ass staff most likely will not notice it. Can see it now, Luck chucks it all over the place and they beat up this the division and "all is well". This team needs someone, and I think it`s Moncrief, to step up and play hard with some attitude because everyone knows it sure isn`t that Defense !

AJ was done 2 years ago. Anybody who watched him in Houston could have seen that. No gas left in his tank.

As long as TY Hilton is banged up, Moncrief is the #1 in Indy as far as I'm concerned. His game looks similar to Hiltons though.

I thought I overbid on him last week spending 25% of my budget but I had to replace dez and to see him get all these targets in a good offense plus how AJ looked I saw at least WR2 capability. excited to have him, definitely helped me win this week.

AJ was done 2 years ago. Anybody who watched him in Houston could have seen that. No gas left in his tank.

As long as TY Hilton is banged up, Moncrief is the #1 in Indy as far as I'm concerned. His game looks similar to Hiltons though.

His game does look similar but he has 5 inches on him. So those corner fades to 5'9" Hilton covered by Darelle Revis really should be going to Moncrief.

I am a McCoy owner, but badly want to pick up Moncreif, would you drop Karlos Williams for him?

Knowing my luck, McCoy goes down next week and someone claims Williams.

Looks official. AJ is done.

You know who else was done at this point last year? Larry Fitzgerald.

IMHO, there's a big difference between being "done" and not being used in a way that makes sense. We already knew AJ was in decline, but it seems like the Colts' answer to all the blitzing they are seeing so far is throwing it deep. Go four-wide and reduce the number of blitzers or use more two-tight packages to give Luck more blockers; I'm not seeing much of either one.

Can you honestly tell me that over the course of one offseason, AJ has gone from a player capable of catching 85 balls (while averaging about 11 YPC) from four different below-average QBs in Houston to a bit player that averages 7.3 YPC with the best quarterback he's ever played with? I have yet to see AJ run a single slant or curl - the kind of underneath routes that most play-callers would use a 6-3, 230-pound receiver for.

I'm not going to suggest that Moncrief isn't the most talented receiver on the roster, because he is. I'm just not buying AJ is done yet. Despite 17 targets, it doesn't look like he has any chemistry (yet) with Luck. That's my biggest concern.

AJ is simply now a nice sizeable possession wr. He's just not the "run and I'll chuck it up" monster he was a couple years ago. He can still be used to effectiveness in all areas of the field as a chain mover. Not a star, not a JAG, he's in between. Can still catch even tho he dropped some. I think logically hands are the last thing to go. Quickness, speed, jumping then hands I'd say in order of skill deterioration. Moncrief is sort of like a poor mans D Thomas.

AJ is simply now a nice sizeable possession wr. He's just not the "run and I'll chuck it up" monster he was a couple years ago. He can still be used to effectiveness in all areas of the field as a chain mover. Not a star, not a JAG, he's in between. Can still catch even tho he dropped some. I think logically hands are the last thing to go. Quickness, speed, jumping then hands I'd say in order of skill deterioration. Moncrief is sort of like a poor mans D Thomas.

I think I can agree with most of that. I don't regret drafting/ranking AJ where I did; he's still got more in his "toolbox" than Reggie Wayne did last year and I suspect once the Colts' coaches (and/or Luck) realize just how bad the o-line really is, they'll make more of an effort to throw it underneath. I drafted AJ with the "knowledge" Indy knew how important it was to get a solid possession receiver; apparently, I gave the Colts too much credit.

AJ will have his games... I still think that he should be a viable redzone target and get about 6ish receptions for 70ish yards per game with a TD sprinkled in there...

there is no way the colts can keep going at this pace, as someone mention they either need to go 4 wide OR roll some 2 TE 2 WR sets with the intent of quick release to keep luck off of his back. In this scenario i think AJ remains in the starting lineup simply for some veteran leadership on this young team.

still a little bummed i drafted him though... he was on my avoid list then fell to the 5th where i felt obligated to take him... psssh

I dropped AJ for Moncrief this week. Too bad; I was hoping the TDs would finally come his way, unlike in Houston. Age appears to have just caught up with him.

I dropped AJ for Moncrief this week. Too bad; I was hoping the TDs would finally come his way, unlike in Houston. Age appears to have just caught up with him.

Did the same with two of my teams , and I feel like I'm walking on sunshine for doing so .

I think it's time to sit Devante Adams down and pick this guy up.

Dropped Jimmy Graham for Moncrief last night. (TE are considered WR in this league)

Feeling good about it going forward.

My WRs have gonna from Julio Jones, Jeffery, and Adams

To

Julio Jones, Moncrief, and Allen Robinson!!

I probably should give Adams one more shot and see if Robinson can put up some decent numbers a 2nd week in a row.

Did the same with two of my teams , and I feel like I'm walking on sunshine for doing so .

Walking on sunshine???

Dropped Jimmy Graham for Moncrief last night. (TE are considered WR in this league)

Feeling good about it going forward.

did your cat give you this advice???

My WRs have gonna from Julio Jones, Jeffery, and Adams

To

Julio Jones, Moncrief, and Allen Robinson!!

I probably should give Adams one more shot and see if Robinson can put up some decent numbers a 2nd week in a row.

LOL. Dez, Antonio, and Hopkins...

...to Antonio, Tyler Lockett (with return yardage) and Crabs.

did your cat give you this advice???

It said that my move was purrrfect.

Also, whassup, shithead? Long time :cheers:

It said that my move was purrrfect.

Also, whassup, shithead? Long time :cheers:

still creepin around the site a little bit... i've been missing the 'tale of sux' and his adventures nailing geekclub females