Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Green Bay, are we convinced they are for real?

Packer fans just can't accept reality. A Hof QB for the last 23 years and 2 Super Bowls to show for it. But when you play in a division like the NFC north it's easy to get a superiority complex.

Maybe during the regular season, sure.

1 Super Bowl in 7 seasons, 2 league championships in 7 years?

Not impressed. r

Yeah... Brady won a Super Bowl throwing for 140 yards and a TD... a terrible half for Rodgers. Congrats, I guess.

Great accomplishment! :doublethumbsup:

All dat guy does is win, guy!

Defenses, coaches, running backs, kickers.... many things win Super Bowls....

Is Steve Kerr the greatest NBA player of all time (5 rings, baby!) Is Luc Longley?

Probably in your book .... but not the rest of us.

How many times do we have to rehash this stupid argument?

Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brady

Brady has been a member of better teams.... as has John Paxson :music_guitarred:

Rodgers = Dilfer

1 Super Bowl in 7 years :lol:

Packer fans just can't accept reality. A Hof QB for the last 23 years and 2 Super Bowls to show for it. But when you play in a division like the NFC north it's easy to get a superiority complex.

The reality is that the NFL ebbs and flows. When Favre and the Packers were at their best, they had to deal with two extreme powerhouse NFL teams -- Dallas and SF (and you could argue Denver later). Both Dallas and SF completely annihilated the AFC Champions in the Super Bowls. If the Patriots had to go through the Packers, Cowboys, and San Fran every year, they would have never sniffed a Super Bowl berth no less championships.

The Patriots barely barely barely beat 3 crappy teams (all of them has LOSING records the next year)....

Looks like Seattle is following suit this year :doh:

Jake DelHomme is not Steve Young.

Congrats to the Pats for being above average during a weak time in the NFL

Rodgers' injuries and dropped onside kicks don't help, but Rodgers still has about 8-10 years left to make his mark.

Let's just wait and see :cheers:

:cry:

:music_guitarred:

You're still trying too hard.

• Like 1

They should have pulled the trigger on Marshawn. They'd have two or three trophies. There was a long discussion on this bored back in 2010 regarding this. The genius of Ted Thompson won out.

You're still trying too hard.

Really? Did they win another super bowl in the last 23 years I'm not aware of? Has the NFC north turned in to a juggernaut? Face facts little man. Even if you don't like them.

They should have pulled the trigger on Marshawn. They'd have two or three trophies. There was a long discussion on this bored back in 2010 regarding this. The genius of Ted Thompson won out.

Perhaps...but I don't think running game was what really kept them from winning (and they won one without him).

I don't think he makes Rodgers not break his collar bone, or tear up his calf last year.

Really? Did they win another super bowl in the last 23 years I'm not aware of? Has the NFC north turned in to a juggernaut? Face facts little man. Even if you don't like them.

Oof..just stop man...you are not good at this.

truth hurts, edwardo :lol:

Einhorn is Finkle, Rodgers is Dilfer. That must hurt bad,

1 in 7 :music_guitarred:

Bottom line without the fanboy bias... They are 6 - 0 and have a lot of key injuries going onto the bye. They should be better when they get back, but their schedule is also getting harder. The only thing they need to worry about is getting to the playoffs (which shouldn't be hard in the NFL North) and then getting home field advantage. They are at least a 10-13 win team this year if Rodgers stays upright all year.

After that, it is anyone's guess how the payoffs run out. We have seen undefeated Patriots lose in the Super Bowl, and teams get hot at the right time to win it all.

Basically, they are a contender and if they get hot at the end of they year, they can run it all... But that can be said about 3-5 other teams as well.

I really believe that they are 6-0

This is pure craziness. Clearly you need to take off the green and gold glasses friendo. They gave up 500 yards passing with zero picks. Every single team they have faced has averaged at least 4.5 ypc running the ball. A couple of them over 5 ypc. Yes they have the best QB in the game and theri passing offense is elite. Which gives them a better chance then most teams on any given Sunday. But to say this defense is anything but a sieve is lying to yourself.

You don't know wtf you're talking about. First, Rivers is really good, as is Allen. Second, they were missing their primary safety. No team's backfield is good without their starting safety. Third: the Packers are extremely versatile on D, including the ability to bend, but not break.

Green Bay's D has been ranked in the top 3 up to this point, but this game in particular did not have good offensive flow, and resulted in the D staying on the field for a lot longer.

San Diego scored 20 points. That's not incredible. Keep your analysis where the first four letters in that word are. Green Bay is 6-0 for a reason.

I had a feeling we would know a lot more about this GB team after these last 2 games.

Simply wasn't buying Lacy or that defense. Even greats like Rodgers look pedestrian when they aren't being protected.

I am really starting to get worried now. Our defense isn't the problem... we need more speed at WR and Rodgers shouldn't be throwing in a game that is only 18 to 10.

Green Bay going to need overtime, two missed Detroit XP's, and numerous injuries in the Lions backfield in the second half just to beat them at Lambeau. I think that qualifies as "not real".

I knew GB was overrated, just didn't realize to what extent.

It's time to hit the panic button.

There is a whole lot more wrong with this team than injuries. There's something wrong with the coaches.

I'd immediately take play calling duties away from whatever shthead they've given it to; give it back to McCarthy to create some semblance of normalcy.

At this point, I'd settle for a 6 seed playoff team. They suck bad at the moment.

Dominated only word I could come up with from the poor product that the packers put on that football field today .

The D is playing ok, but offense and special teams look sloppy as hell.

The D played ok this week against a bad team...but not the previous 2.

Offense is awful right now.

Perhaps...but I don't think running game was what really kept them from winning (and they won one without him).

I don't think he makes Rodgers not break his collar bone, or tear up his calf last year.

Just saw this... The only reason I referred to this 'what-if' is the lively discussion on this very bored at the time back in 2010. Ryan Grant had just went down for the season, and there was speculation of the team making a move. Marshawn Lynch was being pushed out of Buffalo in lieu of Fred Jackson and rookie CJ Spiller.

Packer homers were defending the "Ted Thompson way of doing things.' Building through the draft, NOT making big free agent splashes, NOT making trades and giving up precious picks. In the case of Lynch, it became a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder from Seattle. This vehemence grew to the point where Pack fans were even touting Brandon Jackson as a legit running back replacement for Grant lol...

Obviously you're happy with the way things turned out. I mean, a super bowl win means a lot to a team. It's not a reach to contend Lynch with the Packers would've meant AT LEAST one or two more rings. You referenced injuries to Rodgers, my God man Lynch couldn't have helped the team through that?

That's a loyal fan base there. But you pays your money you takes your choice.

By the way when are they going to give play-calling duties back to McCarthy?

Just saw this... The only reason I referred to this 'what-if' is the lively discussion on this very bored at the time back in 2010. Ryan Grant had just went down for the season, and there was speculation of the team making a move. Marshawn Lynch was being pushed out of Buffalo in lieu of Fred Jackson and rookie CJ Spiller.

Packer homers were defending the "Ted Thompson way of doing things.' Building through the draft, NOT making big free agent splashes, NOT making trades and giving up precious picks. In the case of Lynch, it became a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder from Seattle. This vehemence grew to the point where Pack fans were even touting Brandon Jackson as a legit running back replacement for Grant lol...

Obviously you're happy with the way things turned out. I mean, a super bowl win means a lot to a team. It's not a reach to contend Lynch with the Packers would've meant AT LEAST one or two more rings. You referenced injuries to Rodgers, my God man Lynch couldn't have helped the team through that?

That's a loyal fan base there. But you pays your money you takes your choice.

By the way when are they going to give play-calling duties back to McCarthy?

Lynch?? You mean the guy that can't play if he has a broken toenail? Or the guy who sometimes emerges from the locker room in the middle of the 1st qtr? Lynch to Green Bay would have brought zero additional rings. the guy is a .

i think the problem is the front office and even more than that McCarthy. He gets outcoached a lot. It's too bad A Rodgers career is being affected so negatively by those two.