Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

L.Murray how do you feel about him?

I seen ff rest of the way ranks has him as the 5th back and I've seen him ranked 12th on another rest of the way rankings. Is this guy actually a top RB? I just traded Watkins and Hill for him. I'm not sure what I'm getting with this kid. It's not often a player has me confused but I just can't figure this kid out.

I seen ff rest of the way ranks has him as the 5th back and I've seen him ranked 12th on another rest of the way rankings. Is this guy actually a top RB? I just traded Watkins and Hill for him. I'm not sure what I'm getting with this kid. It's not often a player has me confused but I just can't figure this kid out.

Meh.. I know what you're saying, the guy has skills, he's not one of those "random" backs.. But the offense isn't around him.. It's around Carr and Cooper.. He'll get "touches" but you'll wonder game by game whether they're going to get him 20+, if the O-line will hold that day, where will Oak go with the ball.. Basically he's a good back and perfect compliment to open up Oakland's offense for the passing game, imo. Murray will be used but he won't be their focal point (not that he couldn't be, he just isn't right now).. T2 max ..

Well, I have him in one league with AP, Ivory and he as my "go to starters" and he's been OK but just doesn't get the work I expected this year. He's a gifted RB; has size and speed but his ceiling seems to be about 15 - 20 points on a GREAT day. Had 82 yards and a TD (the TD was on like the third play of the game) but in a game where the Raiders controlled the game; he wasn't just being force fed touches like I would have expected. I would consider him a decent RB2 or Flex; would not want to count on him as my RB1 however.

People need to understand this football team is going through growing stages, and normal expectations and parameters just don't apply. Lord knows FF is a crap shoot as it is.

Yesterday the Raiders played excellent football in fits and spurts. In other words drives stalled due to missed assignments, penalties, poor passes etc. So although they were up early and in position to grind the ground game, the execution of such was an entirely different matter. Murray had a couple mid size runs of 10 yards or more called back, and they spelled him plenty. The plan is to keep him fresh, but Taiwan Jones had runs where he was galloping through gaping holes. The line for Jones was 3-30 and obviously those yards may have been Murray's.

One drawback of the kid's pre-season prognosis was the simple fact he plays for the Raiders. Yesterday was a good example of this. But be for warned this team is making solid progress. They're not the crash test dummies of years past. This passing game is legit, the defense is stout against the run, the offensive line is NFL caliber, and we have a true QB. Those who follow the team may have seen our rookie TE really start to get involved which is HUGE for this team.

Murray ran strong, and hit the creases hard. The bye week let him heal up some from a shoulder ailment. He's a true bellcow back. But most significantly the team is beginning to round into form as a legit NFL level club.

• Like 2

If he hangs onto the ball he needs to get the ball more.

I'm pretty confident in him the rest of the year....After this week. Not starting him against the Jets.

I agree with the prior poster, play him when good match up.

• Like 1

I need to play him I have no choice at this time .

I need to play him I have no choice at this time .

I know they're playing the Jets, but the Raiders are a lot different team at home.

People need to understand this football team is going through growing stages, and normal expectations and parameters just don't apply. Lord knows FF is a crap shoot as it is.

Yesterday the Raiders played excellent football in fits and spurts. In other words drives stalled due to missed assignments, penalties, poor passes etc. So although they were up early and in position to grind the ground game, the execution of such was an entirely different matter. Murray had a couple mid size runs of 10 yards or more called back, and they spelled him plenty. The plan is to keep him fresh, but Taiwan Jones had runs where he was galloping through gaping holes. The line for Jones was 3-30 and obviously those yards may have been Murray's.

One drawback of the kid's pre-season prognosis was the simple fact he plays for the Raiders. Yesterday was a good example of this. But be for warned this team is making solid progress. They're not the crash test dummies of years past. This passing game is legit, the defense is stout against the run, the offensive line is NFL caliber, and we have a true QB. Those who follow the team may have seen our rookie TE really start to get involved which is HUGE for this team.

Murray ran strong, and hit the creases hard. The bye week let him heal up some from a shoulder ailment. He's a true bellcow back. But most significantly the team is beginning to round into form as a legit NFL level club.

I see things the same. Keep him healthy and fresh. I think this will explode in da raiders face when they need to establish the run against a team with cornerbacks like the Jets.

Similarities to Lamar Miller situation the past few years I think. Good things will happen for his FF owners if/when he gets the ball.

If you think the Raiders will get whooped in a given week (happening less as team improves), then use a better option if you have one.

Will let's see what happens I'm playing Murray this week .

Remember guys, always play the matchups. The mighty Jets D won't allow anything in the air nor the ground. Certainly won't allow 100 from Murray or 4tds from Carr, LOL.

Wow, I didn't see this coming. I guess I should have more confidence in the big guy.m

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't see this coming. I guess I should have more confidence in the big guy.m

Hes my new rb1 in 2 leagues. Damn you Bell (had him in 5 leagues :( )

I was at the game they never had anything in near the goal line. But he ran damn hard and moved the chains. Maybe the best game Slats has had as a Raider.

I was at the game they never had anything in near the goal line. But he ran damn hard and moved the chains. Maybe the best game Slats has had as a Raider.

Congrats on the win and Remember I had to use Murray this past week , I did not want to but had to , good game today vs that Jets Def .

Good prognosis about the Raiders showing up at home. :thumbsup:

What do you expect from them, and Murray in particular, next week at Pittsburgh?

What do you expect from them, and Murray in particular, next week at Pittsburgh?

I'm five sheets to the wind in the hotel bar, trying to talk the girlfriend out of us Uber-ing into the city. Let me get back to you.

Mine is not so good. Different story on a road trip vs a tough team that's been playing better defense than they credit for. Plus coming off a division loss they will be angry.

I started the wrong Raider.

Still, very encouraging game from Lat against an elite defense. I will enjoy starting Lat and Coop every week from here on out.

After the past 13 or so years Raiders fans deserve to enjoy themselves. Also, kudos on the Crabtree signing when nobody else wanted him.

The story of yesterday's game was the Raider offensive line. I've been telling folks they're under rated, but yesterday that unit came to play, opening up holes for Murray and not allowing a sack on Carr. That's a pretty damn good defense they played.

There's been a period of adjustment, the team basically made a switch at QB for the line when it let Wiz walk and signed Rodney Hudson, who has been indispensable really.

Also, remember the name Gabe Jackson, a second year McKenzie pick who may make the Pro Bowl.

People need to understand this football team is going through growing stages, and normal expectations and parameters just don't apply. Lord knows FF is a crap shoot as it is.....

Well said Mick

I like the fact you highlighted Ti Jones' spelling him right after a 10+ yard negated run ...and Walford's involvement).

You're correct -he's a bellcow back who's shown great development from last year. With this passing game, it will benefit his opportunities further.

Yesterday's game was impressive: Carr connecting with his TE, and finding Holmes, Crabtree, etc. Carr, Cooper, and Murray are legit. Nice to see da Black n Silver attack back

Well said Mick

I like the fact you highlighted Ti Jones' spelling him right after a 10+ yard negated run ...and Walford's involvement).

You're correct -he's a bellcow back who's shown great development from last year. With this passing game, it will benefit his opportunities further.

Yesterday's game was impressive: Carr connecting with his TE, and finding Holmes, Crabtree, etc. Carr, Cooper, and Murray are legit. Nice to see da Black n Silver attack back

Dude, win, lose, or draw the rest of the season... that game yesterday was sweet. Sometimes you just wish you can bottle it. Watch next week they get flagellated in Pittsburgh lol... Though the Raiders HAVE owned them AND Ben the last few games.

Man sometimes I wish Murray would just lower his shoulders and go for it. I cant imagine how much better he would be. He has the power to for sure. Im actually excited for next week. As for ROS, if our D keeps it up, and having Nate Allen back helps to shorten the opponents time of possession, Murray will get more carries. Man I love it when im right about my team lol. I told all my Raider hater friends exactly what is unfolding right now, on pretty much every aspect.

Raider fan since birth - 39 years
Came home from the hospital in a raiders T :doublethumbsup:

Man sometimes I wish Murray would just lower his shoulders and go for it. I cant imagine how much better he would be. He has the power to for sure. Im actually excited for next week. As for ROS, if our D keeps it up, and having Nate Allen back helps to shorten the opponents time of possession, Murray will get more carries. Man I love it when im right about my team lol. I told all my Raider hater friends exactly what is unfolding right now, on pretty much every aspect.

Raider fan since birth - 39 years

Came home from the hospital in a raiders T :doublethumbsup:

Who are you again? IF you've been a fan 39 years surely you remember our original motto.

Apologies, but let's act like we've been there before. Been awhile, but we have.

Who are you again? IF you've been a fan 39 years surely you remember our original motto.

Apologies, but let's act like we've been there before. Been awhile, but we have.

Not sure I get your point... Am I supposed to validate my fandom?

I agree with the prior poster, play him when good match up.

Like the NYJ??? he had a good game against a real tough D. Definitely a good PPR RB.

Not sure I get your point... Am I supposed to validate my fandom?

Apologies, your zeal is well understood believe me. I guess after wandering the desert with this team for so many years, I'm just waiting for it to all go falling off a cliff. Not unlike the feeling one used to get while watching Marc Wilson drop back to pass.

Pride and Poise my man, Pride and Poise. If we act like it's SUPPOSED to be happening, maybe it will be so.