Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Peaky Blinders on the Netflixes

Very good show featuring one.of my favorite actors Cillian Murphy and my favorite actor in a lesser role, Tom Hardy

Apparently I already mentioned this on the previous page :D

What are things that haven't been in your butt this week?

you're gonna to have to give me a few

Very good show featuring one.of my favorite actors Cillian Murphy and my favorite actor in a lesser role, Tom Hardy

Apparently I already mentioned this on the previous page :D

They're both great. I really like Tom Hardy in this role; he's absolutely excellent - and that's not to take a single thing away from Murphy, who is excellent also. :thumbsup:

Adrian Brody in the house. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

He's great too.

He does a great job in this, though it's funny that a guy like that gets to play a badass, particularly after his stint in The Pianist. :lol:

He's great too.

He does a great job in this, though it's funny that a guy like that gets to play a badass, particularly after his stint in The Pianist. :lol:

True. I had the same thought about Murphy coming into the show though. He's played some pretty limp-wristed parts in the past.

Speaking of Hardy, I see where they just announced that there's going to be a second season of Taboo. It's written by the creator of Peaky Blinders. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

They're both great. I really like Tom Hardy in this role; he's absolutely excellent - and that's not to take a single thing away from Murphy, who is excellent also. :thumbsup:

My only gripe with Hardy on this show, and its minor because I view him as one of the most talented actors around right now, is that he falls into his Bane voice too often as Alfie Solomons.

He's great too.

Didn't like Brody at all in this. He does not convince me as feared Italian mob. Not sure if its on him or the writers

True. I had the same thought about Murphy coming into the show though. He's played some pretty limp-wristed parts in the past.

Murphy had some bad ass moments in 28 days later. He's also much more of a mental bad ass in this.

Speaking of Hardy, I see where they just announced that there's going to be a second season of Taboo. It's written by the creator of Peaky Blinders. :thumbsup:

yes, I think this has been expected since season 1 ended. That was a really well done show. I believe a creation of Hardy and his father together and directed by Ridley Scott.

edit: I guess Steven Knight is involved in both.

yes, I think this has been expected since season 1 ended. That was a really well done show. I believe a creation of Hardy and his father together and directed by Ridley Scott.

edit: I guess Steven Knight is involved in both.

Some of the stuff I read said Hardy ended up bankrolling a good part of Season 1 himself so season 2 was up in the air. Sounds like he found some backers though. :thumbsup:

Some of the stuff I read said Hardy ended up bankrolling a good part of Season 1 himself so season 2 was up in the air. Sounds like he found some backers though. :thumbsup:

wouldn't surprise me. Its all based off a story written by him and his father so it's definitely a passion project.

Also, in regard to Hardy, I know it sometimes lessens truely good actors but I sort of wish he would get involved in a franchise. Maybe not as a marvel superhero :lol: but just something good where you know, he could be seen as the next _________. Bond for example.

I know there is a Mad Max sequel but mehhhhh.

Been on vacation this week and finally decided to give Peaky Blinders a fair shot...

After stating awake till 5:00 am twice, and having it permeate my dreams, I've decided that this one of the best written shows / series that I've ever seen.

Just finished it a few minutes ago.

Focking wow.

I don't like the casting of Brody, but mebbe that's because I can't stand him.

Alfie is the season 4 mvp

Boy did I just fock up. Somehow went from episode 3 to the finale and watched 3/4 of the finale before realizing wtf happened. :doh:

Didn't like Brody at all in this. He does not convince me as feared Italian mob. Not sure if its on him or the writers

Only through episode 2 of season 4 but I thought the bullet scene in Tommy's office was quite good.When he knocked over the one called John and flicked it to Tommy,I thought oh sh!t

Agreed.

Little column A, little column B. He's pretty over the top but the writing is too.

Im 3 episodes into S4.

Love the show. If Im gonna be critical? This seems a little too next villain up with Brodys Vito Corrleone tribute... and IMO, thats what this is.

Alfie goes down as an all time great character. An instant classic and unique on its own.

Tommy Shelby cant be overlooked or underrated either. Hes right up there with Tony Soprano - great, great character.

• Like 1

Im 3 episodes into S4.

Tommy Shelby cant be overlooked or underrated either. Hes right up there with Tony Soprano - great, great character.

Kinda reminds me of the godfather setup where it's the younger brother who is the brains of the operation. Arthur is a pretty focking good character to...

"By order of the peaky focking blinders!!!" :headbanger:

• Like 1

Agreed.

Little column A, little column B. He's pretty over the top but the writing is too.

the constant gritting of the teeth, the way he speaks, the toothpick in the mouth. the fact he gets almost NOTHING accomplished in his vendetta.....

Tommy Shelby cant be overlooked or underrated either. - great, great character.

100%. Great acting by Murphy. Probably agree on the next villian up concept but the Shelby's are villians themselves.

Arthur is a pretty focking good character to...

someone said alfie stole the season. My man crush on tom Hardy means I cant disagree but I really think Arthur shined in this season.

the constant gritting of the teeth, the way he speaks, the toothpick in the mouth. the fact he gets almost NOTHING accomplished in his vendetta.....

Agreed.

Its fine - not rooning it for me - but hes almost a cartoony redux of Godfather characters - even the name Luca is Godfather stuff.

someone said alfie stole the season. My man crush on tom Hardy means I cant disagree but I really think Arthur shined in this season.

Yea, they sure did some character development on him in season 4 :thumbsup:

I was so fvcking pissed at the show when I thought he died

It's funny to me as a woman 'figuring out' why guys have man crushes on Tom Hardy. All I've got is he is ruggedly handsome, and he tends to play inward and outwardly strong characters. He was great in Dunkirk, plays the opposite (in a way) of Cillian Murphy's character in that.

Yea, they sure did some character development on him in season 4 :thumbsup:

in regards to your spoiler, I knew it wasn't true. No way another of the three were going.

It's funny to me as a woman 'figuring out' why guys have man crushes on Tom Hardy. All I've got is he is ruggedly handsome, and he tends to play inward and outwardly strong characters. He was great in Dunkirk, plays the opposite (in a way) of Cillian Murphy's character in that.

don't ruin it for me as ive been waiting for a good time to watch that.

My man crush on Hardy is best explained as the fact that I tend to get attached to actors/musical groups/performers/athletes I feel I discovered before they became "mainstream". I've seen just about everything he has done since RocknRolla. And I even remember him being in Blackhawk Down, although it took a while for me to remember that one. I think he is an extremely talented actor and underrated. For example, I am actually a Tom Cruise fan (you wouldnt think so) but Tom Hardy is a much better raw actor than Cruise. Ruggedly handsome? I guess. although I don't think he's you're typical handsome looking actor and Im not afraid to admit a dude is good looking. He's also a sneakily funny guy and extremely creative.

Two good but not well known Hardy movies are The Drop with James Gandolfini and Broson... Maybe he is handsome :wub: but he's a dam good actor too imo

Two good but not well known Hardy movies are The Drop with James Gandolfini and Broson... Maybe he is handsome :wub: but he's a dam good actor too imo

the drop is good. I really like Warrior (and i hate MMA)

That was a great line by Tommy,"It's just myself talking to myself about myself."

• Like 1

Just binged season one. Great focking show. Tommy Shelby has some brass balls. And the actor who plays him is great.

I also oddly love the use of white stripes music in the show. Wouldnt have thought it would work, but it does.

Just binged season one. Great focking show. Tommy Shelby has some brass balls. And the actor who plays him is great.

I also oddly love the use of white stripes music in the show. Wouldnt have thought it would work, but it does.

Really like the theme song as well

I would love to see a "music from Peaky Blinders" album released (or something).... I haven't really looked but maybe there's a playlist on youtube out there already.

Great. Focking. Show.

I would love to see a "music from Peaky Blinders" album released (or something).... I haven't really looked but maybe there's a playlist on youtube out there already.

Great. Focking. Show.

YouTube has a few of them,in fact I just realized they used The Kills(a band I'm only a little familiar with) but remember hearing it in the series and thinking I've heard that.

• Like 1

Really liked this show a lot.

I would say Arthur is my favorite character....

Alfie was #2..Tom Hardy is just a great character.

I feel Brody overacted his character a bit..but overall he was OK too.