Sign in to follow this  
Bill E.

Guess the Superbowl Winner, loser and Score Contest. for Megalodon Shark Tooth set.

Sounds like your OCD is a bigger problem than Kutulu's honesty. Let it go.

Also what's your pick this year?

Well, I'd love to let it go. I don't ever bring it up. I'm tired of talking about it every now and again. As a matter of fact, fock it, I'm done. I'll make this my last post on the topic. Until next time at any rate.

I understand that I have to deal with my OCD. It's my nature and I'm use to it. What I need right now is this history draft to finish. I have to find the exact right person every time. Maybe overdosing is curing me. Today I didn't text TBBOM to pick, I didn't go researching a bunch of new people, instead I chose two that I've been sitting on for a long while instead. It's not the research, I love that, it's the waiting and updating and traffic copping. We're winding down, only 25 more rounds.

My pick will be PMed to Bill with a timestamped before game time and will be posted publicly soon after kickoff. If I don't do it this way, Kutulu will Price is Right me again.

:wacko:

you cray

I know.

What likely happened is Voltaire just saw Kutulu's entry wrong the first time...and we all know that trick our mind does. Once you see it wrong, your subconscious does something and you see it wrong every time thereafter until it's pointed out to you.....I can remember worrying about a Thursday night FF game and saying "does my opponent have anyone in that one?"...then looking and seeing he doesn't...then double checking a few hours later....then checking again....and then saying "nope"......only to wake up the next day down 13-0 because I just kept missing the same thing over and over again in spite of being right there in front of me....Then there is the guy that searches for ten minutes for his car keys, only to realize he can't find them anywhere because he is holding them....Or the chick that can't find her glasses anywhere because she is already wearing them.

It's common.

I bet the first time Volty saw Kutulu's entry, he dismissed him. Then everytime thereafter, something in his subconscious saw Kutulu's name and knew he didn't have Denver vs Seattle, and made him skip over it. In spite of it being there on screen.

Yep, that's what clearly happened. Voltaire blew this one.

Or Kutulu cheated. I don't think he has even won our DNDL league since then either. Probably stopped cheating in it as well.

What likely happened is Voltaire just saw Kutulu's entry wrong the first time...

Id call that the unlikely scenario as opposed to the scenario with the highest likelyhood. Volts testimony of the degree to wich he scrutinized the situation is enough evidence for me to convict Kutulu. It simply becomes a matter of ones word vs anothers. Volt has a lengthy and reasonable testimony. Kutulus is simply "no, I didnt and you cant prove it, but I dont really care.". Its usually the one saying how little they care and how beneath them the situation is thats guilty.

What likely happened is Voltaire just saw Kutulu's entry wrong the first time...and we all know that trick our mind does.

Agreed, because if you look at the quoted scores from Bill E's post he has mine wrong. He has me down as Panthers 24 - Pats 24. That has to be wrong as I nor anyone else would pick a tie. And if it wasn't a tie and Voltaire was using that as his scores he constantly scoured, Voltaire would be wrong. He would be correct in looking at it right, but he would be looking at an error.

See post #49 on the second page ( quoted it below). Bill has my score wrong. And if Voltaire was going by that synopsis of scores he would be wrong too.

It was no big deal. I had it covered if it came out. But since I am doing it early there should be no problems. This is what I have so far. Check to see if this is correct. If you do not bring it up by kickoff it is final and any mistake on my part will stick. I will try to update this as it gets closer.

mike h ari 31 den 10

shonuf ari 28 kc 17

greedo ari 30 kc 17

jerry ari 23 ne 17

brad ari 30 ne 24

jtb ari 31 ne 27

bigguy ari 37 ne 14

nobody ari 34 pit 27

drizz car 31 den 21

rholio car 41 den 23

igotworms car 24 ne 20

ksb car 24 ne 24

mung car 27 ne 17

reality car 45 ne 17

chronic den 20 ari 17

mtski den 28 car 24

penultzydzx den 21 sea 17

cmh kc 27 ari 20

duck min 24 kc 17

Hoytd NE 29 Ari 26

dank ne 37 ari 31

frank pit 69 was 0

mmmmm sea 28 den 14

bigblu sea 28 den 24

mobb sea 30 ne 27

joeshu sea 30 pit 24

tantastic sea 31 pit 24

Id call that the unlikely scenario as opposed to the scenario with the highest likelyhood. Volts testimony of the degree to wich he scrutinized the situation is enough evidence for me to convict Kutulu. It simply becomes a matter of ones word vs anothers. Volt has a lengthy and reasonable testimony. Kutulus is simply "no, I didnt and you cant prove it, but I dont really care.". Its usually the one saying how little they care and how beneath them the situation is thats guilty.

If Kutulu entered a score and never changed it, then how much can he really say to defend himself? His defense is as simple as "I entered my score, never changed it, and I'm unsure what the chinese guy is thinking". Right?

Oh great, now KSB is cheating too? :nono:

I know right? I picked Panthers 24 - Patriots 24, something that cannot ever happen and nobody here said anything or laughed at me. :doh:

But no, Bill E made a mistake when he compiled all the scores, and all the people (like Voltaire) using that mistake are wrong. My score is what it is on the first page. I don't even remember exactly but it was the Panthers beating the Pats by less than a TD.

We're several days before the games start. Feel free to quote it for prosperity. :)

If Kutulu entered a score and never changed it, then how much can he really say to defend himself? His defense is as simple as "I entered my score, never changed it, and I'm unsure what the chinese guy is thinking". Right?

Yes but then Volt wouldnt have such detailed testimony as to why he believed it to be an edit. This is not a big deal case so one doesnt need to commit much thought or conviction. To kutulu it was just a white lie and not really a big deal. He didnt know that Volts OCD was kicking in and having him frantically cross check everyones scores during the days leading up, nor would he have reason to think Volt would do this.

Hypothetical example: if someone on this bored were to say, lie about something in their life ...then I google it and do hours of research and prove them a liar, they would just say "nuh uh, your wrong!" in defense. They didnt assume that some no lifer like me would go to such creepy lengths to uncover the truth cuz its no big deal and pointless really. But thats beside the point. I did go to that length just as Volt went to the length of checking the scores every day.

Yes but then Volt wouldnt have such detailed testimony as to why he believed it to be an edit. This is not a big deal case so one doesnt need to commit much thought or conviction. To kutulu it was just a white lie and not really a big deal. He didnt know that Volts OCD was kicking in and having him frantically cross check everyones scores during the days leading up, nor would he have reason to think Volt would do this.

Hypothetical example: if someone on this bored were to say, lie about something in their life ...then I google it and do hours of research and prove them a liar, they would just say "nuh uh, your wrong!" in defense. They didnt assume that some no lifer like me would go to such creepy lengths to uncover the truth cuz its no big deal and pointless really. But thats beside the point. I did go to that length just as Volt went to the length of checking the scores every day.

You're a pretty funny poster and I like you, but that stuff crosses the line :nono:

You're a pretty funny poster and I like you, but that stuff crosses the line :nono:

I said it was a hypothetical example! Besides, like it or not, someone has to cross the lines at times. Fake outrage aside, you know you like it.

you're

They would say it the way I wrote it. Iv said many times, I dont believe that apostrophes have a place in modern writing. I actively boycott them. It wasnt worht the post for you to point it out.

Carolina Panthers 33

New England Patriots 24

(or....Patriots 27 Panthers 17)

I know right? I picked Panthers 24 - Patriots 24, something that cannot ever happen and nobody here said anything or laughed at me. :doh:

But no, Bill E made a mistake when he compiled all the scores, and all the people (like Voltaire) using that mistake are wrong. My score is what it is on the first page. I don't even remember exactly but it was the Panthers beating the Pats by less than a TD.

We're several days before the games start. Feel free to quote it for prosperity. :)

I've got you listed as Carolina 27, Pats 24. Thanks for testing me. Very clever too.

He was using deflated balls.

mobb's another of my trolls. I only have two. They're a tag-team of assholery.

At least with Kutulu I understand why he trolls me; but it still baffles me why mobb does.

At least with Kutulu, I understand why he trolls me; but it still baffles me why mobb does.

Im well aware of who does what to whom. You know on crime shows where the ocd detective has a big poster board with pins and string connecting people to clues and it looks like a spiderweb? I have one of those in my head for this bored. God my life is sad...

At least with Kutulu I understand why he trolls me; but it still baffles me why mobb does.

Because you're a mentally unstable obsessive control freak weirdo nerd.

ETA: You're also a giant tool.

Because you're a mentally unstable control freak weirdo nerd.

I'm not mentally unstable ... the rest though is pretty accurate.

Thats exactly his point. He knows hes the kind of person that tends to obsess over minutia, for better or worse, and pays attention to small details. Not because it was an omg important contest, but because thats just his nature. Kutulu just figured its a casual forum game and no one can see he edited the post so why not cheat? Doesnt make him a bad guy or anything. He didnt know the extent of Volts attention to the detail on this particular thread. I can get the same way. Not always but sometimes, at my leisure when I feel like it.

Im just a fan of human nature in action so I like ot sit back and watch things like this unfold and people continue to deny. Tickles my happy spot. Dont worry volt, your mindset is whooshing over the head of everyone else but im with you and know exactly what your mindset is/was.

I get it. He's OCD. If something so inconsequential creates this much strife for Voltaire, he should seek treatment. Kutulu's alleged cheating is irrelevant.

I get it. He's OCD. If something so inconsequential creates this much strife for Voltaire, he should seek treatment. Kutulu's alleged cheating is irrelevant.

:banana:

He only really brings it up when someone else does tho, so its not something he actively burns about. Hes just calling a spade a spade.

Well, I'd love to let it go. I don't ever bring it up. I'm tired of talking about it every now and again. As a matter of fact, fock it, I'm done. I'll make this my last post on the topic. Until next time at any rate.

I understand that I have to deal with my OCD. It's my nature and I'm use to it. What I need right now is this history draft to finish. I have to find the exact right person every time. Maybe overdosing is curing me. Today I didn't text TBBOM to pick, I didn't go researching a bunch of new people, instead I chose two that I've been sitting on for a long while instead. It's not the research, I love that, it's the waiting and updating and traffic copping. We're winding down, only 25 more rounds.

My pick will be PMed to Bill with a timestamped before game time and will be posted publicly soon after kickoff. If I don't do it this way, Kutulu will Price is Right me again.

OCD is one of the most treatable mental illnesses, yet people who suffer from it are among the best at rationalizing non-treatment.

My roommate in med school had OCD, so I have first-hand experience with it, beyond superficial clinical encounters. A combination of meds and cognitive behavioral therapy work wonders for him.

He only really brings it up when someone else does tho, so its not something he actively burns about. Hes just calling a spade a spade.

tanatastic, just remember, its not a lie if you believe it.

~Volty Costanza

I'm not a troll. I like you and find that we usually see eye-to-eye. You are one of the better posters on the bored IMO. But like my old roommate, you should seek treatment for your OCD.

• Like 1

Hey shitstain, I have you on ignore...I ain't trolling you. Geeks should stop quoting you though, imo. Course I'll defend myself whenever the subject comes up...or when I bump these threads for the rest of forever. Eat a bag of d1cks you pigheaded lying sack of shitte :banana:

Hey shitstain, I have you on ignore...I ain't trolling you. Geeks should stop quoting you though, imo. Course I'll defend myself whenever the subject comes up...or when I bump these threads for the rest of forever. Eat a bag of d1cks you pigheaded lying sack of shitte :banana:

:reported:

Enjoy your vacation :wave:

:reported:

Enjoy your vacation :wave:

Also, you I actually did in fact cheat....Mr. geek of the year 2007...or 2006, can't remember exactly. :first: