Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFC Championship - Cardinals at Panthers Game Thread

Line: CAR -3

Total: 47.5

Last Meeting: Didn't play this season

Key Injuries: RB Jonathan Stewart tweaked his ankle last week but should be good to go.

I've got an early CAR 27, ARI 24 prediction. As the week goes on, we'll get a better idea of who Patrick Peterson and Josh Norman will shadow (if they shadow) although my initial guess is that Norman will be on Floyd/Brown most of the day. With no true stud wideout in Carolina, Peterson may stick to one side.

Really would like to see the Cardinals win this game , I'm pulling for both Palmer and for Fitzgerald .

Really would like to see the Cardinals win this game , I'm pulling for both Palmer and for Fitzgerald .

I agree - Cam will get many chances being young and at the top of his game. However, Carolina is an easy team to root for too. Tough call.

I have heard no one talking about the foot of snow that could land in Carolina by Sunday.

What's interesting to me is...the Cardinals are slated to be leaving Arizona on Saturday morning. I wonder what the NFL would do if for whatever reason the airports were shut down in a big storm?

What's interesting to me is...the Cardinals are slated to be leaving Arizona on Saturday morning. I wonder what the NFL would do if for whatever reason the airports were shut down in a big storm?

Land in Atlanta and take a sled dog team into NC

• Like 1

I'm going to bet on the Cardinals, no real reason why , I just would like to see Palmer get his shot at a super bowl and for Larry Fitzgerald to get another shot at it . Going to play a little on the money line , should be a fun game . Good luck .

Inactives

Cardinals: QB Matt Barkley, CB Corey White, RB Kerwynn Williams, LB Shaq Riddick, LB Jason Babin, T D.J. Humphries, NT Xavier Williams

Panthers: RB Cameron Artis-Payne, CB Louis Young, WR Brenton Bersin, S Dean Marlowe, RB Brandon Wegher, DE Jared Allen, WR Kevin Norwood

This. If the game is half as good as that AFC game, we're all lucky.

Palmer sailed his first throw, not a good sign...

Ted Ginn is a superstar. Who knew? Certainly not the Cardinals last year when he was worthless. :wall:

Game over, kind of figured Arizona was a paper champ. As a 9'er fan I wasn't impressed with either game this year. Barely beat a mediocre GB last week.

Wasn't hard to see this one coming.

:wave:

this game is on and the denver-ne forum is still getting more comments. going to go eat some salmon. good luck on your wagers.

If the Panthers win they will beat Denver like 45-3 in the super bowl

And you thought my post was stupid?

Yeah, I did :dunno:

What's your point here?

If you think anyone is gonna drop 45 on that Denver defense you've cornered the market on stupid.

If you think anyone is gonna drop 45 on that Denver defense you've cornered the market on stupid.

I fully expect a special teams/defensive score or two combined with a short field all game long. But you're right, it'll probably be more like 38-3

I will feel fine rooting for either of these teams over the Donkeys. Can't wait to see Manning on his back.

Maybe Newton shouldn't risk paralysis for what is likely going to be a garbage TD.

Well, as a Cards fan what can I say... the biggest disappointment of all of this is that it is clear that Palmer doesn't have the personality to thrive in pressure situations -- he shat the bed last week vs. GB but the Cards won because the rest of the team was far superior. So I get to "enjoy" another regular season next year wondering when the wheels will come off. :(

Winning

I remember an interview with a hockey player once. When asked why there wasn't very much showboating and hot dogging in the sport he replied-

"Because we play with sticks."

I don't care how big Cam Newton is... in the NFL there's always someone bigger and faster than you. He keeps that shite up and somebody is going to clean his clock some day. Then he'll whine about it afterwards in the presser.

The story of Carolina's season has been the offensive line. Seriously pre-season I didn't think it was this good.

What's the line going to be on the super bowl? I'm thinking it *should* be something like Carolina by 13, but I bet it'll be a lot closer just because it's the Broncos and Peyton manning

What's the line going to be on the super bowl? I'm thinking it *should* be something like Carolina by 13, but I bet it'll be a lot closer just because it's the Broncos and Peyton manning

Yeah, Vegas is in on the pro Manning, anti Patriot conspiracy too.

Yeah, Vegas is in on the pro Manning, anti Patriot conspiracy too.

What in the fock are you babbling about? :wacko:

Darn it Zona I wanted to sweep my bets today . Agree with a above post I like the match up Denver defense vs Cam Newton .

Darn it Zona I wanted to sweep my bets today . Agree with a above post I like the match up Denver defense vs Cam Newton .

What you shouldn't like is noodle arm Manning against the Panther D.

What you shouldn't like is noodle arm Manning against the Panther D.

Yeah, Denver is gonna get blown out. Think, healthy Pittsburgh with a much better defense.