Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Deep Sleeper WR's

Well, by now, serious FF players have already mapped out their Wide Receiver prospects for the upcoming season. However, without fail, there are one or two diamonds that fly beneath the radar, ready for a gambler to grab in the last round of a redraft.

I am sure that many of you have someone that you are eyeing...but are you willing to share? Here is mine:

Tyrell Williams - SD

Second year man outta Western Oregon with good metrics. 6'4" and 205, and described by coaches and teammates as a tremendous natural athlete, he ripped off a 4.42 - 40 at his pro day. After SD became decimated with injury last year (Allen, Floyd, Stevie), he came in against Denver late in the year and ripped off an 80 yard TD against Talib.

When Benjamin was nursing an injury at minicamp, it wasn't Inman that came in with the 1st-teamers....it was Tyrell Williams. I expect the Charger passing game to be markedly improved this year, and it seems that Williams could be a top-shelf candidate to shine....particularly considering the injury history of their WR corps.

Have Williams stashed on both my dynasty taxi squads. I don't know that I am willing to take him in redraft this year though. I hope to see him get some quality look in the preseason.

Some of these aren't real "deep" and may be obvious on this board:

John Brown

Marvin Jones

Michael Thomas

Sterling Shepard

Robert Woods

Mine is Rishard Matthews. He is gaining a little traction, but he is still a great price. I think in a quick pass game that matches Mariotas style, Matthews is perfectly built for the role. He isn't a burner with top end speed, but he is quick with a very solid frame. He also has good strength to fight off corners at the line. He could be that shock player to have 80+ catches. I hope he also becomes a more reliable redzone target.

• Like 2

Mine is Rishard Matthews.

Yes, I like this one....good value. Miami seemed incapable of utilizing talent, including Miller and Cameron. For instance, Matthews had a 6 catch/113 yard/2 TD performance against the Bills last year, followed the next week with a 1 catch flop. Titans have been looking for years for somebody to step up and be consistent. Matthews could very well be that man.

TJ Jones - Detroit.

He's healthy and he's been getting some positive press out of ota's. Golden Tate and Marvin Jones are pretty meh (solid but nothing special) as starters imo. Some of the other WR's the Lions brought in like Caldwell, Fuller and Kerley are pretty puke worthy. Jones will have every opportunity to step up.

Chris Moore

Opportunity is there. Only competition is an old man coming off a horrible injury, an underachieving journeyman who barely passed conditioning tests, and an unproven 2nd-year player coming off injury.

QB has a cannon, too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/208157/chris-moore-has-emerged-as-surprising-star-early-in-ravens-camp

Andre Johnson has looked good so far in camp and has something to prove. Picked him up as a "why not" in round 18 of a 20 round draft. Titans offense may surprise people this year.

I really have no other reasoning than Alex has to have another target but I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Chris Conley with the KC Chiefs.

Sammie Coates with the Steelers .

Well, by now, serious FF players have already mapped out their Wide Receiver prospects for the upcoming season. However, without fail, there are one or two diamonds that fly beneath the radar, ready for a gambler to grab in the last round of a redraft.

I am sure that many of you have someone that you are eyeing...but are you willing to share? Here is mine:

Tyrell Williams - SD

Second year man outta Western Oregon with good metrics. 6'4" and 205, and described by coaches and teammates as a tremendous natural athlete, he ripped off a 4.42 - 40 at his pro day. After SD became decimated with injury last year (Allen, Floyd, Stevie), he came in against Denver late in the year and ripped off an 80 yard TD against Talib.

When Benjamin was nursing an injury at minicamp, it wasn't Inman that came in with the 1st-teamers....it was Tyrell Williams. I expect the Charger passing game to be markedly improved this year, and it seems that Williams could be a top-shelf candidate to shine....particularly considering the injury history of their WR corps.

Yup

Also a big fan. Have him stashed in most of my dynasty teams

Sammie Coates with the Steelers .

I'm surprised he isn't getting more buzz.

I'm surprised he isn't getting more buzz.

Big time. He's a good sleeper. I so wanted him, but one of the more incompetent owners in my league snagged him in some ridiculous early round so I didn't get him. But Coastes is absolutely going to be a player for the Stiilers.

P Dorsett .

Terrance Williams for the Cowboys is super deep sleeper with some upside if the Cowboys play well this season and are healthy.

Jj Nelson

He's good......just a lot of mouths to feed.

Deeeeeeep sleeper... Dude has sleep apnea. Jk no but seriously, he passed my eye test past year. Maybe it was blown coverages but I could swear he was always open and for huge chunks.

Chris Conley - 45" vertical with 4.35 speed.

If only KC threw more. LoL

Stevie Johnson already dealing with a knee injury too.

Torn meniscus..probably done for the year.

Terrance Williams for the Cowboys is super deep sleeper with some upside if the Cowboys play well this season and are healthy.

Good call. He's in a contract year too.

Chris Conley - 45" vertical with 4.35 speed.

If only KC threw more. LoL

I think as long as Maclin is there Conley will have to wait.

Funchess is someone I keep reading good things about going into his second season .

Stevie Johnson already dealing with a knee injury too.

Torn meniscus..probably done for the year.

Well, there goes Tyrell as a deep sleeper.

Well, there goes Tyrell as a deep sleeper.

Unless he blows up in the preseason I doubt his draft price goes up much. The third receiver for the Chargers isn't usually reliable

Tajae Sharpe is still running with the 1s and surprising people even with the pads on now. He's been getting open on intermediate routes on a regular basis. I also think his skill set matches MaMars ability way more than DGB, who's been sloppy with terrible timing and routes thus far.

Mine is Rishard Matthews. He is gaining a little traction, but he is still a great price. I think in a quick pass game that matches Mariotas style, Matthews is perfectly built for the role. He isn't a burner with top end speed, but he is quick with a very solid frame. He also has good strength to fight off corners at the line. He could be that shock player to have 80+ catches. I hope he also becomes a more reliable redzone target.

agree 100%

Good call :thumbsup:

I like this a lot as well. I went deeper thinking dynasty options with Tajae, but it's a similar point in the passing style matching Matthews really well.

Matthews has looked good in camp as well.

I am going to say Mike Wallace. With Flacco being really good at throwing deep ball I expect Wallace to have a few huge games this year. Plus if you look at his track record I believe he always has a great first year on a new team. Def worthy of a WR4

I like this a lot as well. I went deeper thinking dynasty options with Tajae, but it's a similar point in the passing style matching Matthews really well.

Matthews has looked good in camp as well.

I am glad to hear. I haven't heard much about him so far.

Tyrell Williams - SD

James Jones signing with the Chargers may put a damper on Williams sleeper potential.

James Jones signing with the Chargers may put a damper on Williams sleeper potential.

Idk. James Jones only worked for a bit because Rodgers was throwing to him. I just don't see the same thing happening with the Chargers.

Have a hard time trusting Wallace .

At this time I don't even have him ranked .

If I see more from him than of course I would need to do so .