12 man league, standard scoring, non-PPR

Currently, I have it:

Ingram

McCoy

Lacy

Martin

Charles

• Like 1

I would swap Lacy and McCoy in standard. Charles could easily be 1 but there is too much risk.

I would swap Lacy and McCoy in standard. Charles could easily be 1 but there is too much risk.

Why? McCoy is the superior runner in a run-heavy scheme and he doesn't have Starks ready to take reps if he falters. McCoy is also the superior pass-catcher. The only thing Lacy had going for him is he is on a better offense.

I mean, to each their own and I value your opinion I just would be interested in your rationale.

Lacy

Ingram

McCoy

Martin

Charles

Run heavy teams only work better when they have a good defense. I see the Bills having to play catchup a lot this year.

It's only Taylor's 2nd year as a starter and I'm sure most defenses will focus on stopping the run over Taylor's arm. Taylor will also steal goaline carries.

Why did they sign Reggie Bush? No idea but could add competition for 3rd down work.

I like McCoy to finish top 10 I just think Lacy and Ingram can do better.

Starks is garbage, Lacy messed up last year and got out of shape. I doubt he does it again. He's putting in work in the offseason and I think he will be back to form from 2014. Also Jordy should keep defenses honest. GB OLINE and defense are improving.

I take notice of players working hard to cut weight. Last year Doug Martin. Year before Big Ben. Both had huge seasons.

PS Big Ben cut weight this year after packing some on last year.

Lacey's in a contract year. Needs to get paid so he can stuff his fat face with McDonald's for all of time.

But I'd put Ingram and McCoy ahead of him

Martin

Ingram

Lacy

McCoy

Charles

12 man league, standard scoring, non-PPR

Currently, I have it:

Ingram

McCoy

Lacy

Martin

Charles

Lacy - Contract year

Martin - 2nd year in a better offense

McCoy - Still a good RB

Charles - gets hurt too much

Ingram - gets hurt all the time.

Would anyone place LeVeon in this tier? I mean, he is obviously top tier talent, but three games is three games. That alone knocks him down a tier for me. Are 13 games with Bell, better than 16 with Lacy, McCoy, etc...? He has been slipping to the mid to late 2nd round in my drafts, which is right around where some of these guys are going....

Charles- Will rack up the yards, catches, and TDs, should be a solid RB1, knee is a slight concern

Lacy- Talented RB in a great offense, should get points in every way. Likely a low end RB1 or high RB2, could lose touches to Starks

Martin- Should rack up the yards and catches, TDs a moderate amount or more, low end RB1, high end RB2, health always a concern for him

Ingram- May get the ball more, health a major concern, PPR a plus, could score a lot of TDs, Saints like using committee, strong RB2

McCoy- Not sure he's the same RB he was 3 years ago, durability a concern, PPR a plus, should be a solid RB2

Would anyone place LeVeon in this tier? I mean, he is obviously top tier talent, but three games is three games. That alone knocks him down a tier for me. Are 13 games with Bell, better than 16 with Lacy, McCoy, etc...? He has been slipping to the mid to late 2nd round in my drafts, which is right around where some of these guys are going....

No. I'd put Bell lower. Just because Bell is missing the first 3, it doesn't mean he's only going to miss 3... we saw that last year. But he does have the highest upside.

Mccoy - I think he finishes as a top 5 back this year. Zero competition after the release of Williams, and should get a decent amount of receptions. Watkins is good enough to keep defenses from stacking the box.

Ingram - Not a ton of competition for touches, but Hightower will steal a few TD's away this year.

Lacy - Looks good so far and I'm intrigued, but the Packers trust Starks. If Lacy can't get it done they'll switch to Starks, and your 2nd rounder is on the bench for the Packers and you.

Martin - Hit and miss every year, call me a skeptic.

Charles- too much risk at his price

Starks is garbage, Lacy messed up last year and got out of shape. I doubt he does it again. He's putting in work in the offseason and I think he will be back to form from 2014. Also Jordy should keep defenses honest. GB OLINE and defense are improving.

Check out Starks and Lacy's stats...

Both own a 4.3 career YPC average. Both averaged 4.1 YPC last year in the same offense. While I agree with your premise that the Green Bay offense will be better and Lacy is likely to return to form, he's not a significantly better back than Starks in my opinion. I think his ceiling is 1200 yards and 11 TD's which was his 2014 season numbers.

It's not 13 games of Bell vs 16 games of these guys. It's 13 Games of Bell + 3 games of your number 3 RB vs 16 games of the players in this tier. That's why Bell for most, stays in Tier 1.

It's not 13 games of Bell vs 16 games of these guys. It's 13 Games of Bell + 3 games of your number 3 RB vs 16 games of the players in this tier. That's why Bell for most, stays in Tier 1.

I realize assuming any RB plays the entire season isn't wise, but assuming Bell plays the 13 games he is eligible for is crazy.

I realize assuming any RB plays the entire season isn't wise, but assuming Bell plays the 13 games he is eligible for is crazy.

Which of the RB's on this list can you assume will play 16 games.

McCoy - No

Ingram - No

Lacy - Yes

Charles - No

Martin - Yes

I realize that Bell has an injury history but very few RB's don't. That's why I didn't try to factor that in.

Which of the RB's on this list can you assume will play 16 games.

McCoy - No

Ingram - No

Lacy - Yes

Charles - No

Martin - Yes

I realize that Bell has an injury history but very few RB's don't. That's why I didn't try to factor that in.

Read the first part of my previous statement. They may have an injury history, but they don't have two significant knee injuries in the previous two seasons. You have to factor in his injury history if you're going to draft him.

Both own a 4.3 career YPC average. Both averaged 4.1 YPC last year in the same offense. While I agree with your premise that the Green Bay offense will be better and Lacy is likely to return to form, he's not a significantly better back than Starks in my opinion. I think his ceiling is 1200 yards and 11 TD's which was his 2014 season numbers.

A lot of Starks carries were relief carries when defenses were worn down (I think tackling Lacy's fat ass would do that) and he had fresh legs. In that situation, I would think he would have a better YPC for his career. If Lacy isn't significantly better than Starks, then why is Lacy the starter when Starks has more experience in the offense and they trust him?

What is wrong with me... I hate the packers and I'm defending one.

Forget what I said, I hope all the packers suck and they finish last in the division.

SKOAL VIKES!

No. I'd put Bell lower. Just because Bell is missing the first 3, it doesn't mean he's only going to miss 3... we saw that last year. But he does have the highest upside.

You can't put Bell lower!! He is arguably the best RB in the league and if you draft Deangelo you don't lose a lot the 1st 3 games!! Same with Charles. He is an elite runner with risk so go get his handcuff!!

You can't put Bell lower!! He is arguably the best RB in the league and if you draft Deangelo you don't lose a lot the 1st 3 games!! Same with Charles. He is an elite runner with risk so go get his handcuff!!

Yes I can... and I did, just like I did with Charles. I'll take them if they're my 3rd RB, but not as my first or second. My 2nd RB won't come until the 4th or 5th round, so at best, I'll take them in the 5th or 6th. Odds of them being there are slim. Meaning, I won't have either on any of my teams. Now, an auction draft is different. There's a draft that I would take them as my 1st or 2nd RB if the price is right.

I took Charles at 2.8 all the other big name backs were gone Johnson, Gurley, Miler, Bell, AP, Freeman, Elliot, McCoy and Ingram, Lacy were there but in a full PPR😬

Yes I can... and I did, just like I did with Charles. I'll take them if they're my 3rd RB, but not as my first or second. My 2nd RB won't come until the 4th or 5th round, so at best, I'll take them in the 5th or 6th. Odds of them being there are slim. Meaning, I won't have either on any of my teams. Now, an auction draft is different. There's a draft that I would take them as my 1st or 2nd RB if the price is right.

I got a spot for you in a league!! I hope my league mates make that mistake but I doubt it. And trust me, you won't have Bell or Charles if you are hoping to get them as a 3rd. They will be long gone!!

I got a spot for you in a league!! I hope my league mates make that mistake but I doubt it. And trust me, you won't have Bell or Charles if you are hoping to get them as a 3rd. They will be long gone!!

I'm in enough leagues, thanks. I assure you, I'm not "hoping" to get them as my 3rd RB. If they're there, I'll take them. If not, I'll be perfectly happy getting someone else. I get that everyone is an injury risk, but those two are recipes for disaster. I don't want to have to use 2 picks to cover 1 spot in my lineup... especially while - in 1 case [bell/Williams] - not only can one of them can get hurt, but the handcuff isn't necessarily a pillar of durability either. Odds are that both Bell and Williams gets hurt. You can have them both. Waste 2 premium picks on 2 guys who occupy 1 lineup spot who'll likely end up getting hurt. Just don't make any posts next year saying that you lost out on the playoffs/championship because Bell (and/or Williams), or Charles got hurt.

Personally I love the fact that a lot of people are down on Charles this year. I can get him for cheap when i draft next week. Remember this guy is on a team with a good defense, he was a top 3 back, and has captain checkdown AKA Alex Smith. PPR I see Charles igniting this year being top 3.

• Like 1

Lacy matched Starks' stats when fat.

I think Lacy gets it done this year. I see 1250 +11TDs; 350receiving +2TDs.

I'm in enough leagues, thanks. I assure you, I'm not "hoping" to get them as my 3rd RB. If they're there, I'll take them. If not, I'll be perfectly happy getting someone else. I get that everyone is an injury risk, but those two are recipes for disaster. I don't want to have to use 2 picks to cover 1 spot in my lineup... especially while - in 1 case [bell/Williams] - not only can one of them can get hurt, but the handcuff isn't necessarily a pillar of durability either. Odds are that both Bell and Williams gets hurt. You can have them both. Waste 2 premium picks on 2 guys who occupy 1 lineup spot who'll likely end up getting hurt. Just don't make any posts next year saying that you lost out on the playoffs/championship because Bell (and/or Williams), or Charles got hurt.

If you draft scared because of prior injuries you will be eaten alive. Its the nfl, injuries are a part of it and while there is some credence to the "injury prone" tag, most of it is way overrated. Draft the best talent! Oh, and I will definitely report back on my outcome with the playoffs in my leagues. lol!!

If you draft scared because of prior injuries you will be eaten alive. Its the nfl, injuries are a part of it and while there is some credence to the "injury prone" tag, most of it is way overrated. Draft the best talent! Oh, and I will definitely report back on my outcome with the playoffs in my leagues. lol!!

Sounds good.

Lacy - Contract year

Martin - 2nd year in a better offense

McCoy - Still a good RB

Charles - gets hurt too much

Ingram - gets hurt all the time.

Was going to post the same thing ^^^^

Charles has the highest ADP of the group at this time, although they are pretty bunched up so not like a huge difference in value for how you have them ranked.

Personally I love the fact that a lot of people are down on Charles this year. I can get him for cheap when i draft next week. Remember this guy is on a team with a good defense, he was a top 3 back, and has captain checkdown AKA Alex Smith. PPR I see Charles igniting this year being top 3.

I hope you are right Charles had a huge year following his first ACL and Purple Jesus almost broke the rushing record after his ACL. I completely avoided him that year and laughed at the dued that picked him. He laughed all the way to the bank and yes I know AP is super human.

Charles is older now.. 2nd ACL tear. Too much risk for a possible bust. Deuce is the only other RB to try to come back from a 2nd ACL year and it didn't go well. Btw Charles injured himself running not by a hit.