Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

I really wish HRC would come out of her coma

Sallie Mae is required to lend money to those who request it despite their lack of any credible ability to pay it back. Not only that, they get blasted for lending it out and then get blasted for wanting the money back. For those who see the big picture, for profit education is a perfect way to steal money from the government while having it pre-laundered through the hands of poor college students. This was basically the entire scheme behind what Laureate was doing and Bill Clinton was basically the face of the enterprise. On top of everything, Laureate appears to have an almost Scientology type of atmosphere complete with crazy owner and celebrity endorsers. This thing is very odd.

What a lot of the for profit schools did was make prospective students feel like they were attending a vocational school, but actual on job training and useful skills were never translated to the "success" they sold. I have limited sympathy for students that didn't do their due diligence, but that doesn't absolve these predators from making higher education into a Ponzi scheme.

The problem I have is it's not relegated to just those schools. Colleges are turning into all-inclusive resorts on taxpayer money all in the "good name" of education. The fat cats at the top, regardless of for profit or state school or private or whatnot reap the benefits while the students become straddled in more debt. I didn't need to be comfortable going to school. Particularly when I'm footing the bill for books, pencils, pens, binder paper, those 25 cent scantrons, everything. Give me a desk in a room that might or might not have insulated walls.

During the three years I was at Chico State, they began breaking ground and finishing a posh student center that had an indoor track, soccer field, workout room, etc. My student fees increased every year I was there, and I never got to use that facility once in my life. But I paid for it. That's a big part of the problem. I had no choice to opt out of paying the additional fees that were being used for the "betterment" of the campus, despite me having no possible manner to use them at any point in my life.

Meanwhile, the Bill Clintons of the world get $3 million per year to have their name associated with a business that they'd never voluntarily enroll in themselves. Every year you get these people that speak on graduation day. Matthew McConaughey got $166,000 to speak at Texas' graduation. Katie Couric got $110,000 to speak at Oklahoma one year. The rich have found a honey pot to get more money from.

Taxes are so last generation. The thousands of college students are the new group to soak money from. They're gullible and don't question the hand that feeds them.

in related news, ITT shut all of its schools down today.

I just saw that, those students are screwed.. Feel sorry for them..

Someone from a bargain insurance company just got a huge boner over all the commercia advertising time that's available from 10-2 every weekday

Man, I bet her campaign wish she'd fall back in to her coma...

(CNN)-

Hillary Clinton told an audience of donors Friday night that half of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

In an effort to explain the support behind Trump, Clinton went on to describe the rest of Trump supporters as people who are looking for change in any form because of economic anxiety and urged her supporters to empathize with them.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said. "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."

She just can't help herself, if she would just stfu this thing would be over. She has to open her mouth and remind everyone how truly disgusting she is.

Man, I bet her campaign wish she'd fall back in to her coma...

(CNN)-

Hillary Clinton told an audience of donors Friday night that half of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

In an effort to explain the support behind Trump, Clinton went on to describe the rest of Trump supporters as people who are looking for change in any form because of economic anxiety and urged her supporters to empathize with them.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said. "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."

She just can't help herself, if she would just stfu this thing would be over. She has to open her mouth and remind everyone how truly disgusting she is.

While true, that was a very stupid statement to make. You're not going to win anyone over with that.

She's a terrible campaigner and an odious person. Too bad the other choice is a carnival barker or I'd probably vote R

While true, that was a very stupid statement to make. You're not going to win anyone over with that.

She's a terrible campaigner and an odious person. Too bad the other choice is a carnival barker or I'd probably vote R

She definitely needs to stick to script

Kind of a weak response. Point is he was paid millions to lend his name to a for profit college then his wife campaigns for president and (rightfully) calls out the for-profit college industry. Not good.

Of course the other option is the guy who did Trump University, so ultimately it does not matter. Just underlines why nobody trusts the focking clintons though

I read the article. There is not a whiff if scandal to this. One guy was invited to a state department event on higher education, then Bill was hired and by all accounts, did work for this college, which received no special dispensation from either the C.F. or Hillary when she was SOS.

So if the problem is with Hillary saying college should be free, which everybody knows is a campaign slogan and nothing else, after Bill made money working for a for profit college, I say number one, Bill isn't running for president and two, who cares?

Yeah, I don't know What her thinking was behind the whole the deplorables comment. It may be true for all I know. But talk about way to energize the other guys Base.

Roughly akin to Romney's 47% comment.Just a bad idea all around.

Yeah, I don't know What her thinking was behind the whole the deplorables comment. It may be true for all I know. But talk about way to energize the other guys Base.

She said what a majority of people think to be fair.

Chances are if you're a Trump supporter, you *do* fall under one of those umbrellas.

It's like both these 'tards are trying to throw the election.

"Gee why did Romney lose the last election? Oh that's right, he dismissed half the country with a single comment. Guess I'll do the same!!" :doh:

It does seem like a contest to see which one can fock this up. Their list of gaffes is huge.

Gary Johnson has one about Aleppo and people write him off immediately. These jokers have done 10x as many dumb things and some of them 10x worse and are still up there in support. Just completely stupid.

Arrogant elitist. Nothing more. She gets to judge you, but you are not entitled to the same.

This is the only election in my adult life where it's September and I seriously don't know who I am going to vote for at the top of the ticket.

Grain of salt...

But word is she had a medical condition that forced her from the 9/11 memorial today. Might have fainted.

Grain of salt...

But word is she had a medical condition that forced her from the 9/11 memorial today. Might have fainted.

She couldn't be bothered with the funerals for first responders when it happened, so this is no big deal. But she sure made time for the finance people who were victims. And a gay fire department chaplain. But of course, because that one was held in St. Patrick's cathedral, with plenty of cameras

Grain of salt...

She supposedly was leaving early...and some unnamed source claims she stumbled at the curb and fainted into the van.

Yeah...thats some solid stuff there.

It could be something...or just the same crap from the same crap sources as usual.

Grain of salt...

From some hysterical right wing blog? Forget the grain, I'm gonna need the whole shaker

I stand corrected

In your defense I don't think they are saying she fainted, just overheated and left early. :cheers:

She supposedly was leaving early...and some unnamed source claims she stumbled at the curb and fainted into the van.

Yeah...thats some solid stuff there.

It could be something...or just the same crap from the same crap sources as usual.

There's video guy and it's bad.

Hillary is focked..

There's video guy and it's bad.

Hillary is focked..

There is a video of her sure...looks bad.

Does it mean any number of the things tje roght wing nuts have been saying? Thats the point

• Like 1

Does it mean any number of the things tje roght wing nuts have been saying? Thats the point

Exactly. It mans she is in perfect health. She said so. She has earned the right to not have her honesty questioned.

Nah, your point was doubting it even happened. Nice shift though.

This one is ugly, people are going to assume the worse when they see that video.

Nah, your point was doubting it even happened. Nice shift though.

This one is ugly, people are going to assume the worse when they see that video.

My poit was that the original reporting was weak as hell (and it was). And it goes along with the rightbwing nuts throwing out diagnosis all over the place as if they have examined her.

My poit was that the original reporting was weak as hell (and it was). And it goes along with the rightbwing nuts throwing out diagnosis all over the place as if they have examined her.

We're past all that, it definitely happened. It also didn't look good at all. People will think the worse.

Try to transition past whatever nonsense you are blabbing about now. Her health is absolutely fair game now and needs to be discussed.

We're past all that, it definitely happened. It also didn't look good at all. People will think the worse.

Try to transition past whatever nonsense you are blabbing about now. Her health is absolutely fair game now and needs to be discussed.

She fainted supposedly from the heat. It looks bad, but this narrative of the rest of her health being so dire is still tinfoil hat bs at this point.

She fainted supposedly from the heat. It looks bad, but this narrative of the rest of her health being so dire is still tinfoil hat bs at this point.

The temp was in the 70's.

It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.

:doublethumbsup:

Gotto love how the MSM spins this sh1t. CNN's headline: 'Overheated' Hillary Clinton stumbles as she's helped to van. :lol:

God, I'd pay money to see Debbie Wasserman Schultz face about right now.

Gotto love how the MSM spins this sh1t. CNN's headline: 'Overheated' Hillary Clinton stumbles as she's helped to van. :lol:

God, I'd pay money to see Debbie Wasserman Schultz face about right now.

She'd look you right in the eye and tell you the sun rises in the west. :dunno:

The right has been saying her health is deteriorating for the past few months, and they have been called "nuts" she faints at her event in 70 degree weather, and they are still called "nuts".

You guys are a focking trip.

Gary Johnson 2016 baby!