Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Markus Wheaton?

I was big on Martavis Bryant and had him on a couple of dynasty teams. That obviously has gone bad.

What about Markus Wheaton?

Does anyone think he fills in and has a break out season?

He hasn't really done much until this point. DHB was more important than him in some games. I have a little stock in mfl10s, but none anywhere else.

I think he is going to be the best Wr other than Brown to own on the Steelers.

I think he is going to be the best Wr other than Brown to own on the Steelers.

Agree with this. DHB likes to drop the ball more than catch it.

With Coates looking like he has a ways to go and Green injured it's hard not to warm up to Wheatons prospects. I'm liking him more every day

I dropped him before last season in a dynasty league

DHB looked good early last year, and then got off track while Rothlisberger was out of the lineup. He had a good week 17 at the end of the year.

He has potential, but hes more bust than boom at this point. At the age of 29 I dont know that he will ever turn it around to a point where we are drafting him.

His feet are good for 1500 yards. but his hands are good for 500 yards. Sadly his hands seem to be affecting his value more than his feet.

I had Coates as a sleeper but he is looking like a potential Davonte Adamsy type, worthless. Wheaton is about as exciting as a bowl of wheaties so I donno.

I agree , I thought Coates would explode on the scene this season .

All the news was about how good he was looking in camp .

Somebody's going to have to catch passes there besides Antonio brown. My current move is to do a flier on Eli Rodgers but we may never hear from him again

Brown will catch a ton of balls as usual. Then between Wheaton, DHB, Green, James, Rogers and whoever there won't be much value for any of them. I think there will be a few games where DHB has 100+ yd games, Wheaton will sprinkle in a few 2 TD games, but nothing we can bank on. There are too many better options with potential to worry about Wheaton.

He hasn't shown much when given opportunity in the past, has he? I remember being excited about him a year or 2 ago when Bryant was out and he did nothing with the opportunity.

Markus Wheaton is solid but unspectacular (usually). Even as a homer, I would not draft him. The problem is that his ceiling is not very high. Meanwhile, in Coates and Rogers, Pit has 2 WRs with very high ceilings. Coates has been continuously touted by the press covering training camp and finally showed something in preseason week 3. Eli Rogers looks like an Antonio Brown clone. I like both of them as late round flyers, Even for a top-flight offense you have just a ton of guys who will get thrown the ball, in addition to the above: DHB, Green, Jesse James, Bell, and DeAngelo Williams all will get thrown the rock.

Wheaton's fantasy value should be as a waiver pickup when you are not looking for a huge splash, just some production.

Wheaton just seems like he will be the safer other Wr to own from the Steelers to me .

I'm not crazy about him , his ceiling is limited but he should be the number two Wr on the Steelers so that makes him a better target than Coates or Rodgers.