Sign in to follow this  
Cowboys8822

Jeremy Hill for Woodhead?

I would be getting Woodhead in a .5 ppr. My other RBs would be LeSean McCoy, Langford, James White, Charles Sims, Spencer Ware, and Dion Lewis. Start 2rb, 2 WR , flex, and Te. Thanks.

I don't know that I would do that due to Jeremy Hill's upside

As a hill owner I would laugh at that trade offer. I would package hill and someone else for woodhead and a breakout candidate.

I would be getting Woodhead in a .5 ppr. My other RBs would be LeSean McCoy, Langford, James White, Charles Sims, Spencer Ware, and Dion Lewis. Start 2rb, 2 WR , flex, and Te. Thanks.

What makes Woodhead Valuable is that he catches passes. But he is also 31 years old now. (Turns 32 in January)

while I think he has another year left, he is at the age where you dont expect him to have a career season. his maximum upside is basically what he accomplished last year. and there is significant downside.

What makes Hill valuabale is that he gets lots of inside carries, and Lots of TD's. on the assumption that Woodhead maxes out his abilities (which I'd be surprised if he did) He will put up the same total yards as Hill, but Hill wont put up the receptions, but hill will get about 5-7 more TD's and substantially less risk of injury.

so if you assume that both players get 1100 all purpose yards combined Woodhead gets 65-70 catches more than Hill. That's about 30-35 points at .5PPR.

Lets assume Hill gets 6 more TD's than Woodhead. Thats 36 points. the same.

but Hill is younger, so no risk of age related loss of production.

and this is not taking Hills potential upside into consideration (which we havn't even considered yet).

so EVERYTHING would have to go right for Woodhead this year for him to even touch the value of Hill.

And it is also looking like the Chargers have recommitted to Gordon for this year. This already sounds like Woodhead wont match last years production.

I'd have to say Keep Hill. The only way you even consider this deal is if it is a full point PPR. Even then, I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger to get a RB who will be 32 by the end of the season.

• Like 1

I had Hill last year in a PPR league and he was worthless. I rarely used him. He also looked sluggish at times. Once Cincy gets to passing downs Gio will get all the work. The same goes for Gordon. Passing downs and red zone work will go to Woodhead.

As a Hill owner I wouldn't do it straight up for Woodhead. I was offered AJ Green and my choice of either Woodhead or Ryan Mathews for Hill and Cobb? Very basic scoring.1 pt every 25 yds and 6 pts per TD. How much better will AJ be than Cobb this year?

I would rather have Hill over Woodhead even in a ppr leagues .

I had Hill on two teams last year and they where PPR teams and I did use him from time to time.

I don't expect the same outstanding season from Woodhead that he had last season , and I do expect a bigger year from Hill then he had last season.

Everyone will be down on HIll on Monday morning simply because nothing matters more in fantasy than your week 1 production. He's got a tough challenge on the road against the Jets so I'm not expecting much. But I'd still rather have Hill than Woodhead even in a PPR.

I like Woodhead more in a full point PPR myself, he was top 10 in every one of my leagues last year, and in mine that has distance scoring, he was #3. Yeah, he is getting older, but it is not like they are ramming him inbetween the tackles every play either to kill him. I will take his, he is older and may produce less production, over a guy that has a pass catcher that will 100% take points/opportunities from him.

0.5 PPR is probably a toss up, but full PPR, not close for me.

I had Hill last year in a PPR league and he was worthless. I rarely used him. He also looked sluggish at times. Once Cincy gets to passing downs Gio will get all the work. The same goes for Gordon. Passing downs and red zone work will go to Woodhead.

exactly what RR said

and what really stunk was when Gio would come in on different series as the early down back.

so it wasn't every early down for hill.

Basically any passing down, any two minute drill, and alternating series Gio was in the game.

Hill even lost carries inside the 20 to Gio.

Hill couldn't even breakout vs Browns at home on thursday night. Im staying away in my ppr this year.

hill was so farking frustrating to own. Hopefully for you the coaching change will help him. good luck