Sign in to follow this  
Law

Team Defenses so far

Last week, I played the defense I drafted in KC. They got me a cool zero points. This week they play Houston (Hopkins, Miller, et al) so I picked up the Jets against a sorry Bills offense on TNF. They got me a cool zero points.

Awesome.

:overhead:

I had the Eagles D last week, and they were decent. Was kind of concerned about starting them @ Chicago, so I picked up Jets D. Seems like a bad move on my part thus far. I fell into the trap of everyone saying how bad Buffalo's offense was. I should have given more thought to this being a divisional game, and Rex playing his old team. Revis Island is no more. I know KC didn't do very well, but they have some injuries. Houston is out, and Hali is not 100%.

I'm rolling primarily with the with the Eagles and Vikings across my leagues for the season, I suspect. At least, I have no plans on rotating them out yet. My All-D league I have the Eagles and Cards, and I'm going Eagles this week.

I had the Eagles D last week, and they were decent. Was kind of concerned about starting them @ Chicago, so I picked up Jets D. Seems like a bad move on my part thus far. I fell into the trap of everyone saying how bad Buffalo's offense was. I should have given more thought to this being a divisional game, and Rex playing his old team. Revis Island is no more. I know KC didn't do very well, but they have some injuries. Houston is out, and Hali is not 100%.

Did the same thing, should have stuck with the Eagles vs Santa Claus.

I'm rolling primarily with the with the Eagles and Vikings across my leagues for the season, I suspect. At least, I have no plans on rotating them out yet. My All-D league I have the Eagles and Cards, and I'm going Eagles this week.

Have the Eagles too this week. But I'm also starting Langford. Not sure I should start my running back against my own defense?

• Like 1

I want to play Baltimore this week in a couple leagues...but I worry McCown is going to pull a rabbit out of his nether regions.

Primarily I'm just worried about the Vikings this week. Shariff Floyd and Xavier Rhodes are both out. Despite being a home game, I could see Green Bay coming in with a vengeance wanting to assert their dominance over the division again.

Uggghhhh

I want to play Baltimore this week in a couple leagues...but I worry McCown is going to pull a rabbit out of his nether regions.

Primarily I'm just worried about the Vikings this week. Shariff Floyd and Xavier Rhodes are both out. Despite being a home game, I could see Green Bay coming in with a vengeance wanting to assert their dominance over the division again.

Uggghhhh

I'm not confident MN will keep the score down. And they likely won't get more than one INT, if that. Rodgers is too careful. But the leagues I play in, other stats are more important than Points Against. Sacks, fumbles, etc can get you a good day even if the score gets run up. So I'm going with them and not trying to get cute. Plus, I'm stocked up on project WRs and RBs, I can't afford another Def :)

Have the Eagles too this week. But I'm also starting Langford. Not sure I should start my running back against my own defense?

Have the same exact scenario but I'm in a deep league and options are very limited. I figured I will start both. Langford can still get his yardage and a TD and hopefully Eagles can get a few sacks and a pick six off of Cutler.

Week 1 - Vikings D

Week 2 - Lions D

Start everyone against Titans until it fails...

Vikings have one of the best defenses in the NFL. I would start any defense against the Browns or Rams.

If you didn't draft one of the top 2 or 3 defenses that comes out and does well week in and week out, its totally luck of the draw. Just pick a random one from the list and hope for the best. Trying to pick a defense based on match ups is probably only slightly better than random selection. Its not worth the effort.

I'm rolling with the he same two I had last week , Eagles and Vikings.

Trying to pick a defense based on match ups is probably only slightly better than random selection.

Completely disagree. But it'd be interesting to see it tested.

If you didn't draft one of the top 2 or 3 defenses that comes out and does well week in and week out, its totally luck of the draw. Just pick a random one from the list and hope for the best. Trying to pick a defense based on match ups is probably only slightly better than random selection. Its not worth the effort.

In my experience there's about six or seven that can be counted on like that each year, and then you're getting to matchups or stabs in the dark.

The facts do not support this opinion.

Defence performance has more than a reasonable correlation to predictive analysis. Certainly no worse than positional players performance.

The top 10 or 12 predicted Defences last season pretty much filled those eventual rankings.

Yes, it can differ greatly from scoring prediction in any single given game, but so can the vast majority of players.

The notion that defences are completely unpredictable, and inconsequential, is one of the sillier ones pervading fantasy football.

I'm 1 for 2 on streaming defenses philly week 1 Jets week 2. so far its random but I expect over the course of the season matchups give you a slight edge.

I'm 1 for 2 on streaming defenses philly week 1 Jets week 2. so far its random but I expect over the course of the season matchups give you a slight edge.

That's not what random means.

Yeah count me in on the jets fiasco. Everything was lining up right for them to be a great play just didn't happen I got 2 points from them. 7 sacks week one and zero week two. Weird. Oh well onto the next hot pickup in week 3.

I want to play Baltimore this week in a couple leagues

I'm thinking of dropping the D I drafted (Rams) to jump on the stream defense bandwagon starting with Baltimore this week. Should I give up on the Rams D so soon?