Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Dion Lewis?

Anyone thinking of stashing him here soon?

Isn't he able to come back here in a few weeks?

It's the L. Blount show now.

Was Lewis ever great where you have to stash the guy?

I dunno.....people are starting orleans darkwa for gods sake.

There hasn't been any news on him. I think the plan is week 10 after the bye at the earliest and then you have to keep him on the bench for a week or two to see how he is used. That is a long time to hold up a bench spot.

It's the L. Blount show now.

Was Lewis ever great where you have to stash the guy?

Were you alive during the first half of last season? Dion was killing it.

Definitely worth a stash, wish he was available in my league

There hasn't been any news on him. I think the plan is week 10 after the bye at the earliest and then you have to keep him on the bench for a week or two to see how he is used. That is a long time to hold up a bench spot.

Just seeing he's ELIGIBLE to play week 7. Doesn't mean he will...but can.

Were you alive during the first half of last season? Dion was killing it.

Definitely worth a stash, wish he was available in my league

Probably more alive than you. ha!

He's essentially done jack dilly all his career. Had a few good games and his knees gave out.

Pass.

He's completely healed. Hoodie just is easing him back in

I think they're saving him up for a late-season / playoff run. But they have to incorporate him a bit before that. Still could be week 11 or 12 before he's in there.

Basically the same thing they've done with Gronk except moreso.

Why would they go away from Blount?

The dude is tearing it up.

Lewis is more versatile and versatility is Hoodie's favorite word.

Okay, if you say so.

You must be a Blount owner to act like Lewis is not going to be a large part of the plan when he gets back.

To much risk of injury to stash him.

When has he stayed healthy.

I pass also.

I don't think I'd want to use that spot during all the bye weeks for what looks like it'd be a 50/50 RBBC at best.

There are enough potential stashes at RB out there who have talent and are an injury away from serious playing time. Lewis comes back in week 10? That's five weeks for someone else to blow up off your bench.

You must be a Blount owner to act like Lewis is not going to be a large part of the plan when he gets back.

He's got some weird thing against Lewis.

He's hurt all the time, yes. But when Lewis is available -- and that's what this thread is about -- the Pats WILL use him and he will be effective.

he's on my watch list, may wait a week or 2 for a stash.

No, not a blount owner..just sprinkling a dose of reality to folks. You'll know if Dion Lewis will put up numbers based on how James White will perform in the next few weeks.

He's got some weird thing against Lewis.

He's hurt all the time, yes. But when Lewis is available -- and that's what this thread is about -- the Pats WILL use him and he will be effective.

Agree, he's eligible to come back Week 7.

I'd guess he won't see the field until Week 8-10.

HOWEVER...

If you're gonna stash him, the time to do it is before Sunday's kickoff.

You'll know if Dion Lewis will put up numbers based on how James White will perform in the next few weeks.

And it's a good week to start looking. Blount has a hip injury (again).

Per Roto:

LeGarrette Blount (hip) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Blount has a history of hip issues, missing the final month of last year and all of OTAs. With this being the Patriots, there likely won't be any updates on his status until Friday. Blount was held in check against Buffalo, but has a plus matchup with the Browns this week.

Blount was great to help the pats through this Brady-less time...especially since the Texans played right into their hands and Jimmy was good while he was available.

But Tom is coming back to throw it all over folks methinks. And of course, whenever they play a strong front 7, there'll basically be no Blount unless the Pats get up big and Tom isn't in the mood to pour it on. Instead, there'll be lots of whoever their Shane Vereenish guy is at the time. Lewis is the best of those since Faulk but it is James White's turn to drive us crazy for a month.

And Brandon Bolden is always a couple good practices away from ruining all of this by existing.

I think Lewis can't be counted on even as an early stash unless you have an IR spot or a big roster. Counting on a guy to be ready right off of PUP has a rough history to it...usually dudes don't show right up in week 7 ready to rock. I see week 11 or 12 as his first true shot of seeing the field, but have no idea because the Pats be withholding and not disclosing. And they know how to plant fake tea leaves.

There is video of him running routes/drills from June. Didn't look too bad taking jump cuts both directions in one drill. So I don't think his health will be a concern at all. Just hope they utilize him like they did last year.

with White and Blount underwhelming (not so much with blount up to this week in cleveland...)

anyone looking to stash Lewis?

Right, but my understanding was that there was a setback at some point that led to his pup status.

That's the official story but I'm convinced the Pats simply shelved him in the hopes he could stay healthy through the playoffs

just to tell you how valuable the dion lewis stash is.......does anyone remember how many targets the less talented james white got in playoffs vs Denver last year? it was 16 targets.

16 targets!!! james white ended up with only 5-45....uhhh

not saying that happens all the time but Brady loves to dump it off to whoever his pass catching rb is.

im in on Dion Lewis.

I'm 3rd on waivers this week so I'm shooting for Sammy Coats and just hoping Dion Lewis slips through and can drop Smallwood for him.

Other than here I don't really hear his name talked about a whole lot

anybody have any injury updates on the guy? Last i heard was keep him out until after the bye week (9) and bring him back after that. but it also sounded like his follow-up surgery was just a clean-up. I'm all in on him, but man it's hard to hold him 4 more weeks with all the other injuries.