Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Anyone trusting Palmer this week?

Coming off extra rest with a good matchup against NYJ at home. Does anyone trust Palmer enough to start on MNF, or are you waiting for a few productive games before starting again?

I'm planning on waiting but am curious what other Palmer owners are thinking.

Starting him over Matt Ryan. Every week someone is burning the Jets deep and that is something the Cards/Palmer do well....supposedly. It's too good a matchup to sit and wait and see what happens.

Starting him over Matt Ryan. Every week someone is burning the Jets deep and that is something the Cards/Palmer do well....supposedly. It's too good a matchup to sit and wait and see what happens.

This. It's the game the Cards are made for unless the Jets make significant adjustments to their philosophy. They constantly put corners in 1-on-1 situations. The Cards constantly hope to punish this situation with deep shots. If the cards oline can hold up, there will be bombs.

They are my Ron & Mike survivor pool pick this week. I'm counting on the Cards not only being successful with the deep ball - it may be the first time Floyd shows up on the radar this year as well - but I can't see the Jets containing DJ.

I think he's fine to play. At this point in his career you know what he is.

He can sling it with the best of them but he can be erratic and is injury prone.

If you own him he's most likely your best play.

As far as the Jets allowing deep passes go, I was a Floyd owner who hoped there would be a lot of deep passes thrown when ARI played TB (a "funnel" defense that stopped the run but allowed the pass) in wk2 and Carson came through with a 18-31-308-3-0 line. I held out the same hope for wk3 when ARI faced off against BUF, who had just been burned by a lot of deep throws from Fitzpatrick. Carson disappointed with 26-50-287-0-4.

So temper those expectations a touch although it should be noted that the BUF game was on the road and Carson will be back at home for the Jets.

Yes! Home/away is such a big thing to see for some of these teams and players. Brees, Ben, Seattle, and Zona are good examples even if they aren't perfect ones.

They are my Ron & Mike survivor pool pick this week. I'm counting on the Cards not only being successful with the deep ball - it may be the first time Floyd shows up on the radar this year as well - but I can't see the Jets containing DJ.

My luck, I'd play Floyd, and Revis (if he's back) would shadow him and Fitz/Brown would have the big days. I thought for sure, in a contract year, that Floyd was gonna break out. :thumbsdown:

Jaron Brown. If you have a space for him, go ahead and do it speculatively while you can. If you're in a faab league, even moreso cuz free is sweet. Miguel Floyd is on short leash. He hasn't been on the field nearly as much the last two weeks. And he came with a zero last week.

He will probably never start for me again. He lets me down every time.

As far as the Jets allowing deep passes go, I was a Floyd owner who hoped there would be a lot of deep passes thrown when ARI played TB (a "funnel" defense that stopped the run but allowed the pass) in wk2 and Carson came through with a 18-31-308-3-0 line. I held out the same hope for wk3 when ARI faced off against BUF, who had just been burned by a lot of deep throws from Fitzgerald. Carson disappointed with 26-50-287-0-4.

So temper those expectations a touch although it should be noted that the BUF game was on the road and Carson will be back at home for the Jets.

Well the Bills seemed to have turned things around and appear to have a good defense .

This. It's the game the Cards are made for unless the Jets make significant adjustments to their philosophy. They constantly put corners in 1-on-1 situations. The Cards constantly hope to punish this situation with deep shots. If the cards oline can hold up, there will be bombs.

Playing Palmer & John Brown confidently.

Ouch, double ouch and confident ouch.