Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Obama illegally tapped DJT phone in Trump Tower in October

Were there FISA requests made?

For the uneducated - and those that choose to remain that way:

These stories (that the WH said were the basis for Trump's Tweets), which were based on anonymous sources and have not been confirmed, do not support Trump’s claims that “President Obama was tapping my phones in October,” or that the alleged wiretapping was illegal.

First, the president has no role in the FBI’s decision to seek a warrant or the FISA court’s approval for one, as explained in a 2006 story by the New York Times on how the FISA application process works. The warrant application would be initiated by the FBI and presented to the FISA court by Justice Department attorneys.

Second, the FBI must prove to the court that there is “probable cause” that the target of the warrant is “an agent of a foreign power” and engaged in criminal activity, as explained in a joint statement last year to Congress by the intelligence community officials.

Neither Heat Street nor the BBC alleged any wrongdoing by Obama or the FBI in allegedly obtaining a FISA court warrant in October.

On the same day that the White House provided us with these stories, James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence under Obama, appeared on NBC’s “Meet the Press” and denied that a FISA court warrant was issued to monitor Trump Tower.

“For the part of the national security apparatus that I oversaw as DNI, there was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president, the president-elect at the time, or as a candidate, or against his campaign,” Clapper said.

Clapper said he would have known whether the FBI had a court order for surveillance, and he was not aware of one.

...So there ya go...

When will the Dems and the media say oops, we pushed a Russia-Trump collusion agenda, and there's totally nothing sinister or even a hint that Trump colluded with Russia to hurt Hillary's election chances. Waiting for that apology............

When will the Dems and the media say oops, we pushed a Russia-Trump collusion agenda, and there's totally nothing sinister or even a hint that Trump colluded with Russia to hurt Hillary's election chances. Waiting for that apology............

Yeah...no hint of it. Other than the many liesby Trumo and people in his administration?

I'd really like someone to show me where any source flat-out claimed / asserted direct collusion between TrumpCo and Russia in the same clear, declarative statements we've heard from Trumpco about other matters.

I don't thnk it's there. The appearance sure is though: 5)

1) Lied about ANY Trump / Russia contacts.

2) Flynn caught and busted

3) Okay, nobody else though...

4) Six other TrumpCo's caught. "What are they all talking about before the election?"

5) 17 CI agencies agree that Russia tried to influence the election

- You're right. That last leap isn't there yet. But I don't know that I've heard anything like we've heard from TrumpCo :

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

- the other 3 tweets are equally declarative. IF he had simply said, I read somewhere that it APPEARS, then it might be more of a apples/apples comparison.

Well finally someone said there's no Trump or Trump associate role with Russia in colluding in the election. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/clinton-ally-says-smoke-no-fire-no-russia-trump-collusion-n734176

Former Acting CIA Director Michael Morell, who endorsed Hillary Clinton and called Donald Trump a dupe of Russia, cast doubt Wednesday night on allegations that members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

Morell said he had learned that the former officer, Christopher Steele, paid his key Russian sources, and interviewed them through intermediaries.

"On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke, but there is no fire, at all," Morell said at an event sponsored by the Cipher Brief, an intelligence web site.

"There's no little campfire, there's no little candle, there's no spark. And there's a lot of people looking for it."

Morell pointed out that former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said on Meet the Press on March 5 that he had seen no evidence of a conspiracy when he left office January 20.

"That's a pretty strong statement by General Clapper," Morell said.

About the dossier, Morell said, "Unless you know the sources, and unless you know how a particular source acquired a particular piece of information, you can't judge the information — you just can't."

For the uneducated - and those that choose to remain that way:

...So there ya go...

For those that can't read..........

I was pointing out that the first FISA request was denied. Then the second one was granted because the Alfa Bank that seemed to be communicating with a Trump server. What a fortunate coincidence that this occurred so the IC could get their surveillance request passed.

NOW the Alfa Bank is requesting the DOJ investigate alleged hacking to make their system ping the Trump server. It's curious they want the DOJ to investigate this instead of their own people. Do they suspect it was someone in the US? Who could pull off something like that with the ultimate timing that it validated the 2nd FISA request?

Your still taking Mensch's report on requests as gospel.

Meanwhile...still no sign of illegal wiretapping of Trump by Obama or anyone.

Right. The NYT really should be held accountable for reporting there was. Hillary too.

The powers that be (entrenched Obama appointees especially) seem hellbent on wanting this to just go away. "There's nothing there" says the IC community that might be guilty of it. Sure...........let's take their word for it.

Right. The NYT really should be held accountable for reporting there was. Hillary too.

Oh there was............they just want the digging to stop. Trotting out Clapper to poo poo the Russian collusion is part of it. Let's just make this go away.

Then there's the remarkable claim that 3 Intel sources say British Intel GCHQ was tasked with using NSA collected data so there wouldn't be any American fingerprints on it. Who knows where this all ends up................let's keep looking though.

In the end, we will all talk about the Steele Dossier in the same terms we talk about Canseco's Steroid Book. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bill Binney, NSA whistleblower knows firsthand the NSA listens in on every thing that travels across the network. Also former CIA analyst and State Dept Official pretty much calls out Clapper and Brennan for colluding to derail Trump during the election.

Yeah...no hint of it. Other than the many liesby Trumo and people in his administration?

is this even English?

Bill Binney, NSA whistleblower knows firsthand the NSA listens in on every thing that travels across the network. Also former CIA analyst and State Dept Official pretty much calls out Clapper and Brennan for colluding to derail Trump during the election.

Actually no the Binney case pretty well. He hasn't worked for the NSA since 2001. Snowden is actually a shitload more up to speed.

The funny thing about Binney is that he's actually pissed off and bitter. He's mad that the NSA went with a different program for collecting Mass data than the one he created.

yet now he tries to come across as some great whistle blowing defender of privacy.

Actually no the Binney case pretty well. He hasn't worked for the NSA since 2001. Snowden is actually a shitload more up to speed.

If you watch the video, he was there at the start and helped develop the NSA's program of recording EVERYTHING. They have a 1.3 million sq/foot facility out west to store the stuff and are building another huge facility (3.0 million sq/foot) on the east coast. He tapped out once it became evident they were overstepping their authority.

Yeah, that's his story. Google thinthread and trailblazer.

Not saying he wasn't a valuable whistleblower back in the day, but he's Dated, bitter, and clearly has an agenda since the government seriously f***** him over the last several years.

And really, there's nothing he saying that several others haven't said already. Anybody thinks what he saying is somehow groundbreaking must have lived under a rock for the last 10 years.

Yeah, that's his story. Google thinthread and trailblazer.

Not saying he wasn't a valuable whistleblower back in the day, but he's Dated, bitter, and clearly has an agenda since the government seriously f***** him over the last several years.

And really, there's nothing he saying that several others haven't said already. Anybody thinks what he saying is somehow groundbreaking must have lived under a rock for the last 10 years.

IMO he's an authority on the NSA's program regardless of what you think his motives are. Some serious underhanded sh!t has been going on by people using that information for political purposes. And now that the information is available to all 16 intelligence agencies, it's clear it's that much harder to track who's accessing that data.

Fantastic. Now the White House had to officially apologize to Great Britain for lying about them spying on us. Now if we can just get Trump to apologize to the American people for lying to all of us.

White House apologizes to British government over spying claims

The White House has apologized to the British government after alleging that a UK intelligence agency spied on President Donald Trump at the behest of former President Barack Obama.

National security adviser H.R. McMaster spoke with his British counterpart on Thursday about press secretary Sean Spicer's comment from the White House podium about a Fox News report that said British intelligence helped wiretap Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign, a White House official said Friday.

The administration would have been better off saying that President Trump 'sleep tweeted'...

No biggie guys...pissing off the press judiciary intel community and our biggest ally

No biggie guys...pissing off the press judiciary intel community and our biggest ally

I'm sure Germany was thrilled when the caught Obama spying on them, tapping their phones. I don't recall your take on it though. Weird. Figure a centrist would have something to say

I'm sure Germany was thrilled when the caught Obama spying on them, tapping their phones. I don't recall your take on it though. Weird. Figure a centrist would have something to say

he was pissed , bigly.

trump just said he didnt say he was wire tapped he just quoted somebody who said he was. Also said he never gave his own opinion on it

what a goofball

trump just said he didnt say he was wire tapped he just quoted somebody who said he was. Also said he never gave his own opinion on it

what a goofball

Each day they attempt to come up with a new explanation to try to lessen the embarrassment that they have absolutely nothing on this. It's so hilarious to watch Spicer struggle.

what a goofball

If only there were ways to show this is a lie. Oh wait...just twitter rants refute this excuse he is now giving.

I understand that Trump may have been FOS about being under surveillance. Fine. But the thing I can't understand is why did the NYT and Hillary say that he was?

Hell, even his own DOJ didn't back him today.

Still obummer holdovers?

How docking stupid you gotta be to keep backing this utter bullshiit?

We're a GD laughingstock.

I understand that Trump may have been FOS about being under surveillance. Fine. But the thing I can't understand is why did the NYT and Hillary say that he was?

Please tell me you aren't referring to the tweet by HRC...it's explained at least 3 times here and anyone who reads the news would know the answer. :wall:

Please tell me you aren't referring to the tweet by HRC...it's explained at least 3 times here and anyone who reads the news would know the answer. :wall:

Sorry, must have missed it. And the NYT? How was it explained? She said he was. Must have been a doozy.

I thought the failing nyt is fake news

He has like 3 go to things to whine about that I've seen.

Hillary, Europe, and something about Muslims.

I thought the failing nyt is fake news

Looks that way. But why did they say it?

He has like 3 go to things to whine about that I've seen.

Hillary, Europe, and something about Muslims.

I'm probably the most knowledgeable one about football around here. And you know this.

Sorry, must have missed it. And the NYT? How was it explained? She said he was. Must have been a doozy.

Bummer, it must suck to be stupid & ignorant. :(

I wonder why Comey didn't produce the requested information requested by Congress. Is he waiting for them to subpoena him? Everyone hellbent for the Russian investigation to commence but want the wiretapping a.k.a. surveillance claim behind us.