Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2017

Yea it was the A's, but we finally won gosh damnit.. Nomar Mazara is tearing up shiit up right now.

Yea it was the A's, but we finally won gosh damnit.. Nomar Mazara is tearing up shiit up right now.

we may end up with the same record this year

WTF has gotten into the Twins - are they for real?

I mean...to be fair, they've beaten the two teams that should heavily contend for cellar dwellers in the AL Central.

I mean...to be fair, they've beaten the two teams that should heavily contend for cellar dwellers in the AL Central.

:fu:

The best team in baseball... your Arizona DBacks... sweeps the defending AL champion Indians$#@! :banana:

The Twins...

Not when I posted it. Also the Twins have just beat the hapless Royals and White Sox, so what? :dunno:

Hey man, I'm a White Sox fan. This year is gonna be rough.

Even Quintana was a tough selection in the geek homers

Hey man, I'm a White Sox fan. This year is gonna be rough.

Ouch. What's that like?

The Twins...

It won't last. Especially with their pitching staff.

That said, Sano will be fun to watch this year.

Not when I posted it. Also the Twins have just beat the hapless Royals and White Sox, so what? :dunno:

I know... I was just waiting until someone other than the D'Backs had the best record...

Wow, interesting, thanks for posting that. He would need to play for an American league team so he could pitch and hit every game as DH, unless he can play a position other than pitcher too.

He would make an interesting situation in double switches in the NL too, but given the uncertainty of Japanese players, it's a tough call

Ouch. What's that like?

I got to see them win a WS in my lifetime. And it was before the Cubs won one. To see the Cubs bandwagoners hitch their jocks to the White Sox in 2005 was glorious.

They could never win one again tbh. I'd be just fine

FFunny to think the season has already been decided after week 1 :lol:

The one saving grace for my Rangers - the West basically sucks.... So we have that going for us. :banana:

The O's are 4-1. and only +1 in the differential... That's kind of odd.

That would be crazy though. Pitch every 5th day and bat cleanup in between starts.

50 million per?

Cespy in that joke of a stadium in Philly, clown show.

I'm not a complaining. :cheers:

50 million per?

20 as pitcher 20 as slugger. :bench:

50 million per?

We all know where he's ending up.

Myers for the cycle.

Bet the Rays would like that Myers to the Padres trade back. Sousa Jr looks better so far this year but Myers, when healthy, is a special player.

We all know where he's ending up.

AND Bryce ???

AND Bryce ???

Bryce needs to stay healthy. Not the slam dunk it was.

Harvey and Harper to the yanks

Harvey and Harper to the yanks

:FU:

Myers for the cycle.

Bet the Rays would like that Myers to the Padres trade back. Sousa Jr looks better so far this year but Myers, when healthy, is a special player.

KC sent Myers and Jake Odorizzi to TB in 2012 for James Shields and Wade Davis. I don't think anyone knew Davis would become the dominant closer that he did, but those two additions were key to the Royals success in subsequent years.

Then, this offseason the Royals sent Davis to the Cubs for Jorge Soler, with $15m remaining on a contract that runs through 2020.

So I guess you could say Myers got the Royals a world series runner up, a dominant closer for the world championship team the following year, and now a guy we hope to find success in our OF for the next few years. Heck, maybe they'll trade Soler in a couple years and keep this thing going. :thumbsup:

KC sent Myers and Jake Odorizzi to TB in 2012 for James Shields and Wade Davis. I don't think anyone knew Davis would become the dominant closer that he did, but those two additions were key to the Royals success in subsequent years.

Then, this offseason the Royals sent Davis to the Cubs for Jorge Soler, with $15m remaining on a contract that runs through 2020.

So I guess you could say Myers got the Royals a world series runner up, a dominant closer for the world championship team the following year, and now a guy we hope to find success in our OF for the next few years. Heck, maybe they'll trade Soler in a couple years and keep this thing going. :thumbsup:

thats the nature of the Rays. they generally do a pretty good job at moving on from guys when they need to (small market and all). Nailed it with Carl Crawford. Shields had a few solid seasons left but Myers and Odorizzi were well worth parting with him. I think wade Davis was a completely unforseen entity as a late inning RP / closer, even by KC. Kind of stumbled into that.

I had read that Myers was a bit of a stubborn guy in the locker room... maybe a little spoiled after the AL ROY honors. Dealt with injuries. Still, I really didn't understand the trade at the time. I felt like he was supposed to be the offensive cornerstone to pair with Longoria for the rest of his career and then take the mantle. Not so sure you trade away a guy like that so soon and what they got in return was underwhelming, imo.

For a team that really does a good job competing with the big boys, they really could have used him at first base. An infield of Myers, Miller and Longoria (and whoever at SS) with a defensive outfield of Kiermaier and Mallex Smith and again, whoever in right... with Archer as your ace, Odorizzi and Cobb as solid starters, Snell with promise and Colome looking like a premier closer :doh: . the Rays annual problem is run support.

Sam Dyson blows another one, gives up 3 runs in the bottom of the ninth....... Sorry boys and girls, he's not for sale - he's ours! :banana:

:wall:

What an offensive week and month for the Nats. 77 runs in 7 games last week. 3 wins by 10+ runs in April = 2016. Team OPS = to #44 player in MLB. Top 3 RBI players in MLB. Players set team records in Monthly HRs, Runs and RBI. Ryan Zimmerman sure to be NL player of the month.

Bryce Harper struck out 6 times in the first two games against the Mets this weekend. Then Sunday happened.

Rendon :wall:

Bryce Harper struck out 6 times in the first two games against the Mets this weekend. Then Sunday happened.

Rendon :wall:

Syndergaard. 12 hits and 10 runs in last 8.1 with a missed start in between. Some cause for concern.