4 hours ago, edjr said:

ETH :banana:

Thanks for letting me know. I just stopped looking. Gave up.

43k and rising. Just imagine if you would have listened and bought in theĀ 20s.

The legislation being proposed in the infrastructure bill is aiming to affect crypto, which would stifle its evolution. This could drive crypto out of the US and stop our country from reaping a lot of the benefits. Fortunately there are enough politicians with vested interest in crypto that are able to stop the really crazy additions from going through. Atm the bill would actually favor proof of work and bitcoin but penalize proof of stake and ethereum.

Even though I dont trust proof of stake or ethereum, I dont want them to pass anything that negatively affects crypto in general. Let the market decide which validation it wants in crypto.

buy buy buy!!!

On 8/2/2021 at 10:52 AM, edjr said:

ETH :banana:

:banana:Ā :banana:Ā :banana:Ā 

2 hours ago, edjr said:

buy buy buy!!!

Haven't stopped. Never sold one coin.

Ā 

This is the first I've opened this thread.Ā  Time to get invested in Crypto.Ā  What do I do?Ā  TIA.Ā  :cheers:Ā 

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This is the first I've opened this thread.Ā  Time to get invested in Crypto.Ā  What do I do?Ā  TIA.Ā  :cheers:Ā 

If your serious I'm willing to help. What are your goals? Day trader, swing trader long term holder? Are you looking for those big quick pumps or slow and steady.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If your serious I'm willing to help. What are your goals? Day trader, swing trader long term holder? Are you looking for those big quick pumps or slow and steady.

I'm serious, and goals are TBD.Ā  Near term I just want to buy something(s) I'd consider a long-term hold, to go through the process and give me something to track while I educate myself better.Ā 

Longer term I'll probably retire with the cancer and if I like what I continue to learn about it, I might get more into short-term/day trade activities.Ā  My sense is that there are some complexities that might give a person with smartz an investing advantage, but maybe I'm wrong.

:cheers:Ā 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm serious, and goals are TBD.Ā  Near term I just want to buy something(s) I'd consider a long-term hold, to go through the process and give me something to track while I educate myself better.Ā 

Longer term I'll probably retire with the cancer and if I like what I continue to learn about it, I might get more into short-term/day trade activities.Ā  My sense is that there are some complexities that might give a person with smartz an investing advantage, but maybe I'm wrong.

Okay I sent you a link to one of the apps I use. It's super easy and has a nice design and layout. This will help you get started.Ā 

You'll find just like with everything people have different views. Even those of us that are pro crypto

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I have a few rules when buying crypto.

1. It has to do something and or have a road map to solve a problem in the community.

2. I have to be able to stake the coin aka earn interest on it.

3. Watch out for scams and meme coins.

What I find is most of the coins found in #3 do not meet my 1&2 criteria. Sure you can get rich on the pump but don't be left holding the bag. I'd rather go slow and steady.

As for you, I'd start with the big coins.Ā 

BTC

ETH/ADA/DOT/BNB

Layer two solutions:

LINK/POLY

You'll also need to learn about stable coins. These are coins that are pegged to a FIAT currency like the US dollar. They will always be worth $1.Ā These coins help you move in and out of other cryptos. I recommend using USDC. There are some other issues with stable coins I can get into when trading, but you won't have the problem on voyager.

Teather/USDC/DAI/BinanceUSD

*Use the link I sent you. Check out some coins and read the description. Then go to youtube and or google the coins you're interested in to learn more about it. Buy and hodl.

19 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I have a few rules when buying crypto.

1. It has to do something and or have a road map to solve a problem in the community.

2. I have to be able to stake the coin aka earn interest on it.

3. Watch out for scams and meme coins.

What I find is most of the coins found in #3 do not meet my 1&2 criteria. Sure you can get rich on the pump but don't be left holding the bag. I'd rather go slow and steady.

As for you, I'd start with the big coins.Ā 

BTC

ETH/ADA/DOT/BNB

Layer two solutions:

LINK/POLY

You'll also need to learn about stable coins. These are coins that are pegged to a FIAT currency like the US dollar. They will always be worth $1.Ā These coins help you move in and out of other cryptos. I recommend using USDC. There are some other issues with stable coins I can get into when trading, but you won't have the problem on voyager.

Teather/USDC/DAI/BinanceUSD

*Use the link I sent you. Check out some coins and read the description. Then go to youtube and or google the coins you're interested in to learn more about it. Buy and hodl.

Thanks again.Ā  Most of this means nothing to me, hence why I haven't done it and need to educate myself.Ā  But I plan to be discussing the environmental impact of Bitcoin mining in no time!Ā  :DĀ 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Do not use Robinhood. You cannot send your bitcoin off of the exchange. For a trustworthy experience I would recommend Gemini.com

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks again.Ā  Most of this means nothing to me, hence why I haven't done it and need to educate myself.Ā  But I plan to be discussing the environmental impact of Bitcoin mining in no time!Ā  :DĀ 

Start listening to The Investors Podcast: We study billionaires. The bitcoin section by Preston Pysh is an incredible learning tool. Go back to the beginning and start listening to all of them.

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

This has freaking cult statusĀ 

Even if it does, bitcoin works very well. Its not a useless piece of technology like an NFT

So imagine if Bitcoin were "the" money/currency ... Like some think it should be.Ā Ā 

I have no idea on time lines ... But here is the basic premise....

6 months ago...you could buy a new full sized SUV.Ā  A month ago .. a used 2007 Chevy Cobalt.Ā  Ā Now, a new Chevy Cobalt.Ā Ā 

Yup. That's just what folks want. Wild swings in the value of their spending power.Ā  People just love that sort of thing.Ā Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Agreed. It's beanie babies for grown men.Ā 

Saying this over and over still isn't making it true. Trying calling it something different over and over. Maybe that will work

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Saying this over and over still isn't making it true. Trying calling it something different over and over. Maybe that will work

At this stage of the game itā€™s like beanie babies, trading cards and even stocks. Ā What it is isnā€™t like is a currency. Ā Until a leveling of price, I donā€™t understand how it can be viewed any different.

If you want to see racism in full effect notice how many times I had to ask for help about cryptocurrency since this thread opened. AĀ single post by jerry and and not only was he sent a link but without him asking was given the rundown.Ā 

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2021 at 4:58 PM, Cdub100 said:

Coin value = Market cap / Total supply

Two coins can have the same market cap but one coin can have 1 billion supply and the other 1 million supply. Which normally would lead to the smaller supply being worth more. Of course there are other factors here like what the actually project is, demand, etc...Ā 

Ethereum is a programing language and network. You can write code on it to run different applications like DeFi, NFTs and apps. Many coins get their start on the ethereum network as ERC-20 tokens before launching their own platforms. CRO is one that comes to mind

Ā 

Because most crypto is a public ledger you can see where the coins are going. Unlike the stock market you don't know when buffett sells a stock until after he's done it. People watch wales for a couple of reasons. I'll list two.

1. If a whale is moving coins from a cold storage wallet to an exchange wallet that could be a signal they are going to sell it. A large sell-off will dip the price.

2. The reverse is true. If a whale moves crypto to a cold wallet that could signal they are in it for the long haul and that crypto should see a run-up.

The problem is when a "whale" moves a coin people usually always think it's #1

Ā 

Binance/Coinbase = Actually buying the crypto. You can move the crypto to different wallets. For example what if you bought bitcoin and wanted to move it to a place offering 6% interest to hold your crypto. You could do that.Ā It's like owning a gold coin that is in your pocket.Ā 

Robinhood/Paypal = You're buying a note that says you own the crypto. You can't move it and your only choice is to hold or sell. It's like owning a piece of paper that says you have a gold. coin stored in the bank. If you want to move that crypto to that same place offering 6% interest you can't. Because all you really own is a piece of paper that's only good at one store.

Ā 

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

If you want to see racism in full effect notice how many times I had to ask for help about cryptocurrency since this thread opened. AĀ single post by jerry and and not only was he sent a link but without him asking was given the rundown.Ā 

I agree, you asked a bunch of questions and cdub addressed all of them. SuperĀ racist.Ā 

20 minutes ago, peenie said:

Now now. How do you know it's because you're black?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It could just be because you're a woman.Ā 

GTFOH! I got piecemeal info since this damn thread started. Never did he writeĀ all of that to me unsolicited plus send me any link let alone him PM me. KMBA!

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Exactly! Itā€™s because Iā€™m woman too!

Coinbase has been solid for me. Never an issue. I have a 50k limit on trading as well

58 minutes ago, peenie said:

If you want to see what "current year" in full effect notice how many times I answered her questions for help since this thread opened. Only to be told I didn't know what I was talking about.Ā 

Nobody gave me my crypto or the knowledge to use it. I spend hours and hours reading, watching instructional videos, and tracking it everyday. I (a white man) shared that knowledge with you ("a black woman") and didn't asked for anything in return. Hell I dont even care if you followed my advice.Ā 

Your post sums up "current year" perfectly. White people bending over backwards to help. Only to be told they don't know anything and they are racist.

Ā 

34 minutes ago, peenie said:

GTFOH! I got piecemeal info since this damn thread started. Never did he writeĀ all of that to me unsolicited plus send me any link let alone him PM me. KMBA!

Yeah, it must be because youā€™re black. You asked questions, which were all answered. You stated you needed everything as dumbed down as possible. And thatā€™s exactly what cdub gave you.

I could be wrong, but I bet Cdub knows Jerry is capable of reading/understanding things on his own if given links, so thatā€™s what he did.

I feel bad for you. It must be terrible going throughĀ life like you do.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If you want to see what "current year" in full effect notice how many times I answered her questions for help since this thread opened. Only to be told I didn't know what I was talking about.Ā 

Nobody gave me my crypto or the knowledge to use it. I spend hours and hours reading, watching instructional videos, and tracking it everyday. I (a white man) shared that knowledge with you ("a black woman") and didn't asked for anything in return. Hell I dont even care if you followed my advice.Ā 

Your post sums up "current year" perfectly. White people bending over backwards to help. Only to be told they don't know anything and they are racist.

Ā 

Ouch. That'll leave a mark. šŸ˜†Ā 

9 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ouch. That'll leave a mark. šŸ˜†Ā 

Itā€™ll be ignored, just like all theĀ answers cdub gave her in this thread.Ā :lol:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Dambit, I was going to play the ā€œitā€™s sexism not racismā€ card. Ā :wall:Ā  :lol:Ā 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Dambit, I was going to play the ā€œitā€™s sexism not racismā€ card. Ā :wall:Ā  :lol:Ā 

Why not both?

See how you all take up for one another against me!!Ā 
When I point out a FACT you then turn it around.Ā 
Do not make me prove my point, I will take the time to search this long ass thread to show that I had to ask MULTIPLE questions to get half the answers.Ā 
Ā 

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Why not both?

It would have been funnier to respond with something like ā€œitā€™s not racism woman, and stop playing around with financial stuff, this is manā€™s work. Ā Now go make me a sammich. :angry:Ā ā€œ. :dunno:Ā 

• Sad 1

Yes, Cdub helped me! Of course he did! Iā€™ve thanked him multiple times. But note how willing and quickly Cdub respondedĀ withoutĀ much questioning on jerryā€™s part.Ā 

True or false:Ā 

Iā€™ve asked tons of questions but never did CdubĀ send me a link or a PM?!

Itā€™s right in your face and you all will deny it!!!

21 minutes ago, peenie said:

See how you all take up for one another against me!!Ā 
When I point out a FACT you then turn it around.Ā 
Do not make me prove my point, I will take the time to search this long ass thread to show that I had to ask MULTIPLE questions to get half the answers.Ā 
Ā 

I don't know if you're joking, but in my opinion your approach is off.Ā  I'm an engineer, and young engineers ask me for help all the time.Ā  I'm more apt to help people who try to help themselves.Ā Ā 

You came in asking questions, and said you didn't understand it and put the onus on the person helping you.Ā  At that point the person helping has to decide if it's worth their time to spoon-feed you.Ā  Jerry came in asking for help and articulated a plan to educate himself.Ā  Notice how cdub didn't tell him shƬt until he confirmed he was serious?

I can only speak for myself, but unless someone shows me they're 1. Willing to help themselves, and 2. Have an aptitude to learn, I'm not going to put a strong effort in to help.

I always tell people who approach the problem as you did to do three things to answer the question before asking me for help.Ā  Then when they come back I ask them what the three things were and what the results were.Ā  My goal is to teach them how to be professional.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

I don't know if you're joking, but in my opinion your approach is off.Ā  I'm an engineer, and young engineers ask me for help all the time.Ā  I'm more apt to help people who try to help themselves.Ā Ā 

You came in asking questions, and said you didn't understand it and put the onus on the person helping you.Ā  At that point the person helping has to decide if it's worth their time to spoon-feed you.Ā  Jerry came in asking for help and articulated a plan to educate himself.Ā  Notice how cdub didn't tell him shƬt until he confirmed he was serious?

I can only speak for myself, but unless someone shows me they're 1. Willing to help themselves, and 2. Have an aptitude to learn, I'm not going to put a strong effort in to help.

I always tell people who approach the problem as you did to do three things to answer the question before asking me for help.Ā  Then when they come back I ask them what the three things were and what the results were.Ā  My goal is to teach them how to be professional.

Let's not forget the long history of asking questions and arguing with the answer from this one.Ā 

Let's not forget the long history of asking questions and arguing with the answer from this one.Ā 

That's another great way people get me to stop helping them.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

You are a clown. Cdub went out of his way to help you. There is a ton of general help in this thread. Plus you come at this so wishy-washy while Jerry said I'm doing this. Meaning energy spent helping Jerry won't be wasted.

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

At this stage of the game itā€™s like beanie babies, trading cards and even stocks. Ā What it is isnā€™t like is a currency. Ā Until a leveling of price, I donā€™t understand how it can be viewed any different.

This is why you don't get it. Forget the currency aspect. Think about the network. Tbe network is amazing and will be used as the rails for all kinds of different transactions.Ā 

The argument against it as a currency in this thread is that its not stable enough. You're right that its not stable, but you're looking at it from the wrong end. Ots unstable to the upside over the long term

All of these arguments against bitcoins stability have been made for the last decade. Who was right? The people who have been anti bitcoin, or tbe people who are pro bitcoin? We have over a decade of price appreciation as evidence. It amazes me hos smart people can't see this pattern

You are also now betting against multi billionaires who are admitting their own mistakes in judging bitcoin. Look how many are changing their opinion

12 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You are a clown.Ā 

Wow, because I asked many questions to learn and wait until I had the income to spend and lose without regret I'm a clown? I doubt anyone here simply used one person's advice whether or not to invest their money in anything. We're all adults. Do you honestly think I or anyone here wouldn't search out as much as they could for information on this topic? Cdub isn't the only person who answered my questions here. We are all learning. To be fair, this is not a concrete subject that has clear understandable uses, it's still evolving. I barely understand standard investing. I've been really honest about my ignorance and humble background and screw you for making it seem like my interestsĀ are any different than yours or anyone else's here. I may communicate differently but my money is just as green as yours. FU!