buy buy buy

I read that Biden's new treasury sec said that crypto is for criminals and we should curtail it's use.

WHOOPS!

buy buy buy

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I read that Biden's new treasury sec said that crypto is for criminals and we should curtail it's use.

WHOOPS!

buy buy buy

:doublethumbsup:  Cdub is in for another 25!

Bitcoin crumbles even as good news rolls in

The new presidential administration has brought with it a freeze on what had been a last-minute bit of rule-making by the outgoing Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. The proposal by Mnuchin and team would have put a bit more of a regulatory squeeze on crypto by requiring exchanges to extract detailed personal information from anyone trying to withdraw their holdings to unhosted wallets.

In other good news, it was noticed yesterday that the $7.8T asset management giant Blackrock has filed to begin offering bitcoin exposure to their clients.

As always, there's plenty of FUD to go around, including incoming Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen having some not so nice things to say about bitcoin (BTC-USD) in her confirmation hearing. Folks should also keep their eyes on the Tether (USDT-USD) story. That crypto has been under investigation for some time by the New York Attorney General. Some argue tether is a scam, with tens of billions of it being issued without any backing. That tether is then used to buy bitcoin, helping to drive the bull market. Naturally, hodlers disagree.

Close to the $37K level last night, bitcoin this morning has plunged below $32K. Ethereum (ETH-USD) is down in concert.

I think crypto holders should welcome any and all regulation because it only lends to it's credibility and ushering into mainstream. My hurt short term but long term it is a positive

30 here we come :overhead:

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

30 here we come :overhead:

The whole world needs you to sell to save their collective asses

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The whole world needs you to sell to save their collective asses

Not this time. I am taking the world down! I might even buy more to ensure failure

2 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

I think crypto holders should welcome any and all regulation because it only lends to it's credibility and ushering into mainstream. My hurt short term but long term it is a positive

We do and we want clear rules. Right now the SEC seems to flip flop.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

:doublethumbsup:  Cdub is in for another 25!

I'd love to buy more. My powder is running dry though.

I think it's headed back to 20.  sell now and buy back in at 20

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I think it's headed back to 20.  sell now and buy back in at 20

Nah

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nah

you should say yes, so it spikes back up to 35 today

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

you should say yes, so it spikes back up to 35 today

THE SHOW GOES ON!!!!

an unconfirmed report from BitMEX research suggested a critical flaw called "double-spend" occurred in the bitcoin blockchain.

Double-spend is when a bitcoin owner is able to spend the same bitcoin twice. It is a feared and dire scenario for the digital asset, and the blockchain was thought to have solved the issue when Satoshi Nakamoto published the Bitcoin Whitepaper in 2009.

BitMEX Research tweeted on Wednesday, "It appears as if a small double spend of around 0.00062063 BTC ($21) was detected."

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/bitcoin-price-double-spend-flaw-critical-report-suggests-2021-1-1029990921

BUY BUY BUY

28 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

an unconfirmed report from BitMEX research suggested a critical flaw called "double-spend" occurred in the bitcoin blockchain.

Double-spend is when a bitcoin owner is able to spend the same bitcoin twice. It is a feared and dire scenario for the digital asset, and the blockchain was thought to have solved the issue when Satoshi Nakamoto published the Bitcoin Whitepaper in 2009.

BitMEX Research tweeted on Wednesday, "It appears as if a small double spend of around 0.00062063 BTC ($21) was detected."

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/bitcoin-price-double-spend-flaw-critical-report-suggests-2021-1-1029990921

BUY BUY BUY

double buy?

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

double buy?

I think someone used the same bitcoin twice, but I don't know for sure.  If that's the case then I would guess that the value would be half, or even more.  If you can spend it twice, can you spend it three times?  four?  I don't know, I'm not a nerd.

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

BUY BUY BUY

Holy sh1t in a market worth billions they detected a $21 error?

The Pentagon loses billions all the time. Do you think Chase can track down an error of $21?

This is great news. It shows how secure Bitcoin really is. Thanks for sharing.

36 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Holy sh1t in a market worth billions they detected a $21 error?

The Pentagon loses billions all the time. Do you think Chase can track down an error of $21?

This is great news. It shows how secure Bitcoin really is. Thanks for sharing.

No it's not a $21 error, it was a double spend, but after I did more research it was a double spend on a branched chain that was later invalid and should have never been accepted for payment without a confirmation, so it looks like it's indeed not an issue.  But no there are not supposed to be any errors in the chain or it's all focked.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

No it's not a $21 error, it was a double spend, but after I did more research it was a double spend on a branched chain that was later invalid and should have never been accepted for payment without a confirmation, so it looks like it's indeed not an issue.  But no there are not supposed to be any errors in the chain or it's all focked.

So the most secure system is even more secure. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

So the most secure system is even more secure. Thanks.

It has to be 100% secure, you can't get more secure than 100%.

Aren't you the guy that told everyone not to invest if they don't understand :lol:

And I'll admit I don;t understand all of this, but that's pretty basic.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It has to be 100% secure, you can't get more secure than 100%.

Aren't you the guy that told everyone not to invest if they don't understand :lol:

And I'll admit I don;t understand all of this, but that's pretty basic.

There are errors and attacks with everything. I'm not going to pretend bitcoin is perfect because nothing is. That's why we have different forks. Very smart people try and fool the system. 

Not sure why you're attacking me. You're the one posting fake news and didn't understand it fully.

Ouch, YOOGE drop,. what is the opposite of to the moon?  Knew I should have sold at 33

still dropping

On 1/14/2021 at 10:27 AM, edjr said:

I am in for 25k at the peak. ready for it to go to 30 again today!

:lol:

2 hours ago, edjr said:

still dropping

42 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Bitcoin taking a massive dump.

This sound familiar.  Damn.  

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

:lol:

was I off a week?  Good thing I didn't spend 40 :o

39 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Ed told me to buy! :mad:

I definitely did not

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

:mad:

sell sell sell!

None of you are aware that there is an investigation into if foreign payments in Bitcoin were used to pay off the radicals at the capital? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

None of you are aware that there is an investigation into if foreign payments in Bitcoin were used to pay off the radicals at the capital? 

I posted it in the other thread a while ago

Hang hang hang!