Strike

Winning! MAGA!

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How did Goodyear infringe on anyone's rights?  I thought you guys were all about supporting business rights, like the baker not having to serve certain people.  As a business owner I tend to side with businesses.  We would not allow any of our employees to wear any political clothing in our business.

Did Goodyear say no political attire or just MAGA?  If they said no political attire, I'm good with that.  If they're saying only political attire from one side cannot be worn, I'm against it.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He does but he also has different responsibilities as President.

What is that? Obama meddled all the time, the police acted poorly, if I had a son. This is about free speech! You are coming off as an uninformed hypocrite.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

The only thing I see them doing wrong was allowing certain other things to be worn that are political.  They should all be allowed or none allowed.  Regardless, it's their business and they should be able to do what they want when it comes to a dress code.

Nope. Wrong. 

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Looks like you are uniformed because Blue Live Matter and All Live Matter was included, purely political, if you allow one aide to express themselves you have to allow the other the same benefit. It is suppression of free speech. If it were the other way you would be screaming. That is Trump’s point. Every place I worked at allowed everything or nothing.

How am I uninformed?  Trump made a big deal about it because of the MAGA hats and that's what I was talking about.  I never said that the other things didn't happen.

The only thing I see them doing wrong was allowing certain other things to be worn that are political.  They should all be allowed or none allowed.  Regardless, it's their business and they should be able to do what they want when it comes to a dress code.

Agreed.  And Trump can respond.

How did Goodyear infringe on anyone's rights?  I thought you guys were all about supporting business rights, like the baker not having to serve certain people.  As a business owner I tend to side with businesses.  We would not allow any of our employees to wear any political clothing in our business.

Are you pretending that Black Lives Matter isn't a political movement?  Whatever.  Let's pretend your right.  Is "BLUE Lives Matter" a political movement?  Well, Goodyear isn't allowing them either.  That's how Goodyear is infringing on people's rights.  It's silencing their freedom of speech while accepting someone else's.

You honestly don't see a difference between a business treating their employees differently and a business operating with their customer base?

Just now, Gladiators said:

Agreed.  And Trump can respond.

He sure can, but he shouldn't.  You would be losing your mind if Obama did the same thing.

He sure can, but he shouldn't.  You would be losing your mind if Obama did the same thing.

and you would be defending Obama 

How am I uninformed?  Trump made a big deal about it because of the MAGA hats and that's what I was talking about.  I never said that the other things didn't happen.

You had no idea that Blue Live Matter and All Lives Matter we’re banned or you left that out to try and strengthen your point. 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Are you pretending that Black Lives Matter isn't a political movement?  Whatever.  Let's pretend your right.  Is "BLUE Lives Matter" a political movement?  Well, Goodyear isn't allowing them either.  That's how Goodyear is infringing on people's rights.  It's silencing their freedom of speech while accepting someone else's.

You honestly don't see a difference between a business treating their employees differently and a business operating with their customer base?

Huh?  I'm not saying different.  Why do you think I'm pretending it isn't a political movement?

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He has a duty to possibly ruin an American business?

Didn't Democrat Senator's and Congresspeople do the EXACT SAME THING a few years ago?  People like Maxine Watters wasn't telling people to boycott businesses who allow Republican's.  She wasn't the only one.  Not one single Democrat politician ever apologized or walked those statements back.

Just now, drobeski said:

and you would be defending Obama 

No, I wouldn't.  I think it's stupid for a President to do so.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm gonna try this once.  it's about being CONSISTENT.  You can't say it's ok to say "Black Lives Matter" and then say it's not ok to say "Blue Lives Matter."  If you want to say no politics at work, great.  But when you allow one and not the other you're discriminating against one set of your employees.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Didn't Democrat Senator's and Congresspeople do the EXACT SAME THING a few years ago?  People like Maxine Watters wasn't telling people to boycott businesses who allow Republican's.  She wasn't the only one.  Not one single Democrat politician ever apologized or walked those statements back.

I'm not defending them.  They shouldn't be doing that.

No I wouldn't.  I don't think a company should get political.  If they do, it should be all or nothing.  Either people can wear whatever attire they want, or none at all.  However, if they're going to "take a side," then they open themselves up to criticism.

8 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

GY also apologized for it so they accepted they were indeed WRONG. Once you accept it you own it. They screwed up, said sorry. If Trump says nothing though they likely don't get called out on it and continue being wrong.

Their apology was a non-apology.  They said they don't condone/allow any political speech unless it's SJW stuff.  From their statement (bold mine):

To enable a work environment free of those, we ask that associates refrain from workplace expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.

He did many times, he is the one who divided the country. You have very selective memory and a ....

#wasteoftime

Just now, Strike said:

I'm gonna try this once.  it's about being CONSISTENT.  You can't say it's ok to say "Black Lives Matter" and then say it's not ok to say "Blue Lives Matter."  If you want to say no politics at work, great.  But when you allow one and not the other you're discriminating against one set of your employees.

I agree.  I even said that in another post.  Doesn't change my mind on the President staying out of it though.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree.  I even said that in another post.  Doesn't change my mind on the President staying out of it though.

How do you NOT see that what Goodyear is doing is monitoring peoples' freedom of speech inconsistently?

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Hawkeye is backpedaling because he is getting his ass kicked.

It's funny how nuts you guys are sometimes.  So dug into your opinions and biases.  

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Hawkeye is backpedaling because he is getting his ass kicked.

How is that any different from every thread he posts in?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Their apology was a non-apology.  They said they don't condone/allow any political speech unless it's SJW stuff.

If they don’t find the source and expose it, it means they are lying or they don’t care.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's funny how nuts you guys are sometimes.  So dug into your opinions and biases.  

Ah a typical liberal response, accuse others of what you are guilty of.

#wasteoftime

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Imagine a company told their workers they couldn’t wear a “hope and change” or a “I’m with her “ shirt?  GTFO with your nonsense. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It looks like most here agree that it should be all or nothing on the political attire.  If Goodyear wants to discriminate against Trump, he has the right to respond.  You don't think he should, others think he can/should.  You're dug into your opinion too...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

How is that any different from every thread he posts in?

How am I backpedaling?

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree it's their business. They did nothing wrong legally. Morally though indeed wrong.

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

I agree it's their business. They did nothing wrong legally. Morally though indeed wrong.

Would you say that violating someone's freedom of speech is being legally wrong?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How am I backpedaling?

Didn't respond to the backpedaling. I responded to "getting his ass kicked".

3 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I agree with that.  Saying one political thing is allowed and not another is wrong.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Didn't respond to the backpedaling. I responded to "getting his ass kicked".

Ahh...  Ok.

19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Would you say that violating someone's freedom of speech is being legally wrong?

GY isnt restricting any 1A.  You can wear or say whatever you want. Once. Theyre just saying you will be fired/disciplined for it.  But, its BS theyre gonna allow SJW bullshat.

22 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Ah a typical liberal response, accuse others of what you are guilty of.

#wasteoftime

I'm an open person.  I'm willing to hear other's opinions and have mine changed.  Being on here and other sites has already changed my opinions on a lot of different things.

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not when they are at work. Kneel for the flag in the military and see what happens.

I think what liberals are saying is that the president shouldn't be calling for boycotts of American companies that employ thousands and thousands of people. I tend to agree with that.

But it's a stupid policy that liberals would be crying there ever loving eyes out if the roles were reversed.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm an open person.  I'm willing to hear other's opinions and have mine changed.  Being on here and other sites has already changed my opinions on a lot of different things.

Same.  If we only listen to our own choir we never learn anything.